God help us all, Iran a nuclear power

Darwins Friend said:
Lets see: Common border with former Soviet state - that was thermo-nuclear weapon equipped. Zero cash flow problem - via huge oil supply - that China drinks up as fast as the Iranians can pump it out of the ground. Unaccounted for nuclear material, processing machinery and technology from all over the former USSR.

Nope - no problem for the next 5-10 years, at least.

Now where did I leave those rose-colored glasses?

Don't forget confirmed connections with terrorist organization.

Dr Grump said:
And there's the rub. They do not seem like an expansionist state to me - either globally or regionally. But the Israeli question is the big one.

The one that may bring an end to the world. :blowup:

menewa said:
Thousands of centrifuges are required to develop a nuclear warhead. Iran currently has less than two hundred. So no need to hit the panic button and imagine Iran is days from being a nuclear power.

Still, diplomacy is needed to quell that day from dawning. Sanctions are not the answer because leaders can always find someone to trade goods with. Yet, sanctions and the isolating of Iran seem to be the way the current admin is headed.

Well let's just sit back and not ignore them until they drop a nuke in our laps. :wtf:

GunnyL said:
Well let's just sit back and not ignore them until they drop a nuke in our laps. :wtf:

I wouldn't worry, Gunny, not that you are anyway. Before anything happens, something preemptive will happen. If all that chatter of a full-scale program taking 5 to 10 years rings true, we have plenty of time to sharpen our spurs for ass-kicking.

Based on this conversation between USMB's asute debate technologists, we have concluded that the following is an appropriate method for handling the Iran situation.

Punt the problem five years down the road, then worry about it later. That's par for the course, we did that with immigration, the tax system and welfare. Hell look how well that worked!!!!!!!!!!!!! :teeth:

Dose the Iranians with American culture! Let's put a Waffle House at every corner, buy every kid under13 an X-Box and send every adult a subscription to the Washington Post. That ought to do the trick!

Next after all their children are as fat and stupid as ours, Cholestrol related heart disease has overwhelmed their limited medical resources and all their citizens are hooked on "REAL" news, we'll approach them with a sensable diplomatic solution that I'm sure they will go for.

GET REAL KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have opened a can of worms in the Middle East by trying to be the world's police officer. I don't want to reopen the Saddam issue and all that, I'm glad he is gone. What I am saying is that now that we see ourselves responsible for policing the world we are stuck having to continue.

The thing that has to disappear is the threats! You (little country) have to adhere to this or.............................we'll do whatever! What's wrong with just letting the rest of the world live their's and we live ours. When confronted with a direct threat............ACT!!!!!! Hence: Japan, Germany, etc,.....

I happen to know as do alot of you who are on this sight right now that we have some underwater crafts cruising around the globe that are capable of splitting the damn earth. We have defense!!!!!!!!!!! I also know that a couple of these crafts can strike down a missle headed for the US long before it reaches our shores.

MY POINT: We shouldn't have, we did anyway and it is still OK!

Emmett said:
Based on this conversation between USMB's asute debate technologists, we have concluded that the following is an appropriate method for handling the Iran situation.

Punt the problem five years down the road, then worry about it later. That's par for the course, we did that with immigration, the tax system and welfare. Hell look how well that worked!!!!!!!!!!!!! :teeth:

Dose the Iranians with American culture! Let's put a Waffle House at every corner, buy every kid under13 an X-Box and send every adult a subscription to the Washington Post. That ought to do the trick!

Next after all their children are as fat and stupid as ours, Cholestrol related heart disease has overwhelmed their limited medical resources and all their citizens are hooked on "REAL" news, we'll approach them with a sensable diplomatic solution that I'm sure they will go for.

GET REAL KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have opened a can of worms in the Middle East by trying to be the world's police officer. I don't want to reopen the Saddam issue and all that, I'm glad he is gone. What I am saying is that now that we see ourselves responsible for policing the world we are stuck having to continue.

The thing that has to disappear is the threats! You (little country) have to adhere to this or.............................we'll do whatever! What's wrong with just letting the rest of the world live their's and we live ours. When confronted with a direct threat............ACT!!!!!! Hence: Japan, Germany, etc,.....

I happen to know as do alot of you who are on this sight right now that we have some underwater crafts cruising around the globe that are capable of splitting the damn earth. We have defense!!!!!!!!!!! I also know that a couple of these crafts can strike down a missle headed for the US long before it reaches our shores.

MY POINT: We shouldn't have, we did anyway and it is still OK!

no thinking outside the box----you'll mess up years of conspiracy. We need the drama.

Look, Iran is developing nuclear power. But so did Israel, Russia, Pakistan, India, and many other powers--no one made such an enormous fuss over that. Secondly, using nuclear power does not necessarily mean creating nuclear weapons. Besides, they are threatening to wipe out Israel...but practically, they can't do it. Israel is too close, and they would be in serious economic shit if they tried.

My question is this. Why is it that the minute anyone mentions anything about Israel having nuclear power and weapons, everyone starts defending their "right" to protect themselves and call those who don't agree anti-Semitic (which is interesting, because Arabs are Semites as well)? Or why it is taken for granted that the U.S. should have nuclear powers and that they have the right to? Every country, whether we like it or not, has the right to produce nuclear arms...including Iran. No one is asking you to like it...personally, I don't. But I ask that people start analyzing the situation in broader terms and realize that the double standard employed here is ludicrous...

Carla Abdo said:
Or why it is taken for granted that the U.S. should have nuclear powers and that they have the right to?

Because we have a proven track record of using power to support freedom. Some countries promote relative freedom; some countries promote totalitarianism. Iran will spread totalitarism.

to annihilation at the hand of Israel. Let me see if I'm PM of Israel, and the Pres. of Iran keeps prattling on about taking my country off the planet, surely I'll just let him develop a nuke, right? Wouldn't blame the Israeli's if they took out Tehran too sweet. Our former friends the Persians are asking for it.

["Don't you wish. First, there'll be the messes left behind by Dubbyuh and his cronies that will take at least a generation to clean up, if they ever can be. And, of course, there is the endemic corruption, on both sides of the aisle, that needs to be rooted out. And, there'll always be something to bitch about."]

THAT statement rings true enough and loud enough to create a 50 million man/person pink slip and teabag march on Washington............NO GUNS!!!!! :salute:

Forum List

Back