God help us all, Iran a nuclear power

Help Us? You mean the U.S., or the State of Israel?

On the subject of "need" for nuclear power - for electricity generation, why would they need it? They float on a pool of oil the size of California.

Darwins Friend said:

On the subject of "need" for nuclear power - for electricity generation, why would they need it? They float on a pool of oil the size of California.
Or Europe, are supposed allies via NATO. Then again, there is Saudi Arabia, by no means a friend of Iran, which happens to supply a significant amount of our $68 a barrel oil. :coffee3: Of course, it's so much more 'right' to blame the Joos.

Darwins Friend said:

I mean just what I said. God help us ALL.

It'll be 5-10 years before Iran can spin down the 90% pure uranium needed to produce weapons grade material. If Dubbyuh would stop his damned sabre-rattling long enough, and keep supplying the youth market in Iran with the doses of American culture they love, the radical nutcases will soon be an unpleasant memory. They would have been so by now had the little twit not started spouting his crap about the "Axis of Evil".

The Iranians were willing to negotiate a deal...everything on the table...But Dubbyuh's Administration bitch-slapped the mesengers (The Swiss), and the gains made by Iranian moderates evaporated like the morning dew. As a result, we have a certifiable nutcase for Iran's president.

Bullypulpit said:
It'll be 5-10 years before Iran can spin down the 90% pure uranium needed to produce weapons grade material. If Dubbyuh would stop his damned sabre-rattling long enough, and keep supplying the youth market in Iran with the doses of American culture they love, the radical nutcases will soon be an unpleasant memory. They would have been so by now had the little twit not started spouting his crap about the "Axis of Evil".

The Iranians were willing to negotiate a deal...everything on the table...But Dubbyuh's Administration bitch-slapped the mesengers (The Swiss), and the gains made by Iranian moderates evaporated like the morning dew. As a result, we have a certifiable nutcase for Iran's president.

Wishful thinking dude. You would place the survival of our society on the hopes that Iranians will embrace Western culture and oust their radical government.

You mean like the last "fair" elections they held?

Thousands of centrifuges are required to develop a nuclear warhead. Iran currently has less than two hundred. So no need to hit the panic button and imagine Iran is days from being a nuclear power.

Still, diplomacy is needed to quell that day from dawning. Sanctions are not the answer because leaders can always find someone to trade goods with. Yet, sanctions and the isolating of Iran seem to be the way the current admin is headed.

Bullypulpit said:

Well, punting the problem five years down the road is one idea...any others?

Bullypulpit said:

Actually there is a high element of truth to this. Bush Admin diplomacy in regards to Iran over the past 5 years has been an unforgivable disaster. This does not excuse the Iranian mullah's crimes and aggression, but we must recognize our mistakes so as to not repeat them in the future.

Call their bluff. Let them blow up Israel if they have the balls too. They would cease to exist if they did and they know it. Im starting to come to the conclusion that Iran is more a paper tiger than Saddam was. Its hard because i was so hell bent on the idea that IRan was a threat but thinking with common sense here's a few points.

Ahmadinejad is pretty popular right now. He gets tons of publicity for rattling his sword. He's set himself up to be the next Saddam in the ME. He has tons of money and a good life going for him. He sees what happened when Saddam messed around with terrorists and WMDs. It cost Saddam his country, his money, but most importantly his power. I dont think this guy wants to lose that. Sure he'll play to the Muslim crowd that he wants to destroy Israel because like any politician, he tells the people what they want to hear. Bottomline, even if they get a nuke, they'd be harmless. If he ever handed it off to a terrorist and it was used, it would be traced back to him and that would be the end of it all. If he actually does use it, then we have all the justification to invade that country or turn it into a parking lot.

I grow less worried about Iran everyday.

GunnyL said:
Wishful thinking dude. You would place the survival of our society on the hopes that Iranians will embrace Western culture and oust their radical government.

You mean like the last "fair" elections they held?

You attract more flies with honey...

Bullypulpit said:

Don't worry, Bully, in a couple of years Bush will be gone and everything will be sweetness and light. All the world's problems will be solved. Best of all, you wont have anything to bitch about!

CSM said:
Don't worry, Bully, in a couple of years Bush will be gone and everything will be sweetness and light. All the world's problems will be solved. Best of all, you wont have anything to bitch about!

Don't you wish. First, there'll be the messes left behind by Dubbyuh and his cronies that will take at least a generation to clean up, if they ever can be. And, of course, there is the endemic corruption, on both sides of the aisle, that needs to be rooted out. And, there'll always be something to bitch about.

Bullypulpit said:
Don't you wish. First, there'll be the messes left behind by Dubbyuh and his cronies that will take at least a generation to clean up, if they ever can be. And, of course, there is the endemic corruption, on both sides of the aisle, that needs to be rooted out. And, there'll always be something to bitch about.

Oh yeah, you should be good to go for the next 50 years. If there is nothing to bitch about you can just makes something up...you seem to be good at that!
(just yanking yer chain, dude)

Aside from your irrational hatred of Bush, I cannot say I disagree. We always have to "clean up" from the last administration. Corruption seems to be the American way of politics and I doubt if it will ever be rooted out. For example, I am willing to bet that even after Kennedy breathes his last breath he will get elected and sit in the Senate (talk about rooted in!).

This immigration issue will not just disappear, Iran will be that much closer to those nukes they want so badly, the genocide in Africa will go on (the numbers will be MUCH larger) and there is no telling what new issues and concerns will arise.

CSM said:
Aside from your irrational hatred of Bush, I cannot say I disagree. We always have to "clean up" from the last administration. Corruption seems to be the American way of politics and I doubt if it will ever be rooted out. For example, I am willing to bet that even after Kennedy breathes his last breath he will get elected and sit in the Senate (talk about rooted in!).

Hmmm. Thatd probably be his most productive term in office. he wouldnt speak at all. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
insein said:
Call their bluff. Let them blow up Israel if they have the balls too. They would cease to exist if they did and they know it. Im starting to come to the conclusion that Iran is more a paper tiger than Saddam was. Its hard because i was so hell bent on the idea that IRan was a threat but thinking with common sense here's a few points.

Ahmadinejad is pretty popular right now. He gets tons of publicity for rattling his sword. He's set himself up to be the next Saddam in the ME. He has tons of money and a good life going for him. He sees what happened when Saddam messed around with terrorists and WMDs. It cost Saddam his country, his money, but most importantly his power. I dont think this guy wants to lose that. Sure he'll play to the Muslim crowd that he wants to destroy Israel because like any politician, he tells the people what they want to hear. Bottomline, even if they get a nuke, they'd be harmless. If he ever handed it off to a terrorist and it was used, it would be traced back to him and that would be the end of it all. If he actually does use it, then we have all the justification to invade that country or turn it into a parking lot.

I grow less worried about Iran everyday.

This is dangerous thinking, but rational. Iran wants to be a nuclear power. This worries me for one reason. Once they get a nuclear warhead, who are they going to give it to? I'm worry about the man who wants many nuclear weapons, but I'm terrified of the man that wants just one.

Lets see: Common border with former Soviet state - that was thermo-nuclear weapon equipped. Zero cash flow problem - via huge oil supply - that China drinks up as fast as the Iranians can pump it out of the ground. Unaccounted for nuclear material, processing machinery and technology from all over the former USSR.

Nope - no problem for the next 5-10 years, at least.

Now where did I leave those rose-colored glasses?

Forum List

Back