"God Hates Fags"ers are Protected by the 1st... The Irony...

I have to agree with the courts decision. As much as it its distasteful as to the reality on the ground, you don't have a right not to be offended by speech or call to gag someone elses because you don't like it. It would never end.

The tragedy here ( other than those walking pustules breath air) is the father is on the hook for 100k in legal bills as in court costs. I think I heard that O'reilly is going to pony that up for him, if the guy has a fund I will certainly contribute.

I have to disagree. The right to freedom of speech is not absolute. There are occasions when you DO have the right to gag someone else. And I believe that harassment like this qualifies. These families have no reasonable recourse to absent themselves from the offensive behavior. And I don't think anyone is suggesting that the Westboro Bastards be prevented from saying whatever they like, just that they shouldn't be allowed to force their offensive behavior onto others unreasonably. There's already precedence for requiring them to remain a certain distance from the people they're harassing, and THAT isn't seen as a violation of their First Amendment rights. So why do they have to be allowed that close?

uhhhh FYI

Mr Snyder never saw or heard the scumbag protesters at his son's funeral...

He saw their protest on tv, a news program that someone told him to watch, later on in the evening.

I have to agree with the courts decision. As much as it its distasteful as to the reality on the ground, you don't have a right not to be offended by speech or call to gag someone elses because you don't like it. It would never end.

The tragedy here ( other than those walking pustules breath air) is the father is on the hook for 100k in legal bills as in court costs. I think I heard that O'reilly is going to pony that up for him, if the guy has a fund I will certainly contribute.

I have to disagree. The right to freedom of speech is not absolute. There are occasions when you DO have the right to gag someone else. And I believe that harassment like this qualifies. These families have no reasonable recourse to absent themselves from the offensive behavior. And I don't think anyone is suggesting that the Westboro Bastards be prevented from saying whatever they like, just that they shouldn't be allowed to force their offensive behavior onto others unreasonably. There's already precedence for requiring them to remain a certain distance from the people they're harassing, and THAT isn't seen as a violation of their First Amendment rights. So why do they have to be allowed that close?

Did you know you are arguing that someone has the right to gag someone they neither saw, nor heard, at the time they wanted to gag them? I know lawyers routinely argue that a person who is not even in the state at the time is guilty of shooting someone, but how can I gag someone after they have packed up and gone home? He got to bury his son in peace, and the scumbags at WBC got to protest 1000 feet down the road.

You and Alito both need to think a little clearer. I would completely agree if they got up into the cemetery, and interrupted the service, but they did not.

It's distastful for sure. But the right call, What decent folks should do is amass in great numbers and drown out the voices of these cock a roaches. Sing How Great Thou Are.. with a thousand voices.

That is pretty much what happens when the westboro asshats show up, be it locals or those bikers that have made it a point to stop the nutters from getting to close to the families.

Its amazing that the westboro guys can make the most extreme leftists and rightists agree that the westoboro people are complete jerks.

Edit: The picture from the CNN cover on this shows the protester holding an "anoymous" mask in a cross-fire. I have to wait to get home to check (would NEVER look up 4chan at a work computer, but holy shit, the /b/tards must be freaking out.

I agree that they are protected by the 1st amendment but I wonder how this behavior is viewed through the bible????? Aren't we supposed to love thy neighbor...or do they only have to abide by their bible when it suits them.

It's distastful for sure. But the right call, What decent folks should do is amass in great numbers and drown out the voices of these cock a roaches. Sing How Great Thou Are.. with a thousand voices.

That is pretty much what happens when the westboro asshats show up, be it locals or those bikers that have made it a point to stop the nutters from getting to close to the families.

Its amazing that the westboro guys can make the most extreme leftists and rightists agree that the westoboro people are complete jerks.

Edit: The picture from the CNN cover on this shows the protester holding an "anoymous" mask in a cross-fire. I have to wait to get home to check (would NEVER look up 4chan at a work computer, but holy shit, the /b/tards must be freaking out.

I agree that they are protected by the 1st amendment but I wonder how this behavior is viewed through the bible????? Aren't we supposed to love thy neighbor...or do they only have to abide by their bible when it suits them.

Either way, it's between them and God. I just don't see that we're compelled to subject ourselves to their sinful behavior.

Forum List

Back