"God Hates Fags"ers are Protected by the 1st... The Irony...

It's distastful for sure. But the right call, What decent folks should do is amass in great numbers and drown out the voices of these cock a roaches. Sing How Great Thou Are.. with a thousand voices.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
as it should be...

it is easy to be all about the 1st adm when you agree with the speaker etc....much harder when you dont...but the freedom must be defended...and yes in a fucked up way...these people get to protest at the funerals of those who died to protect the freedom that they are abusing

:rolleyes:

Since you save everything I post it will be easy for you to find that I was never for limiting their right to be fucktards.

as it should be...

it is easy to be all about the 1st adm when you agree with the speaker etc....much harder when you dont...but the freedom must be defended...and yes in a fucked up way...these people get to protest at the funerals of those who died to protect the freedom that they are abusing

I would say that 'Free Speech" is not Absolute, and I Think the Court Agrees...

I would Lean towards Westboro's Actions as being Inciting more than "Free Speech" as meant by the Founders...

"Redress of Greivance"... Not Against Families at Funerals, but Against the Government.

This Ruling is Wrong in my Opinion.

And I View what Westboro does as Criminal.

:)

peace...

It's distastful for sure. But the right call, What decent folks should do is amass in great numbers and drown out the voices of these cock a roaches. Sing How Great Thou Are.. with a thousand voices.

That is pretty much what happens when the westboro asshats show up, be it locals or those bikers that have made it a point to stop the nutters from getting to close to the families.

Its amazing that the westboro guys can make the most extreme leftists and rightists agree that the westoboro people are complete jerks.

Edit: The picture from the CNN cover on this shows the protester holding an "anoymous" mask in a cross-fire. I have to wait to get home to check (would NEVER look up 4chan at a work computer, but holy shit, the /b/tards must be freaking out.

Last edited:
as it should be...

I would Lean towards Westboro's Actions as being Inciting more than "Free Speech" as meant by the Founders...

"Redress of Greivance"... Not Against Families at Funerals, but Against the Government.

peace...

in your initial post you say 'the LEFT wants to limit free speech'

and in this last post you say YOU want to limit free speech....

are you a leftist?

are just a hypocrite?

are you accusing your enemies of your own crimes?

when the left tries to limit free speech is it an example of how terrible they are?
but
when YOU want to limit free speech is it the RIGHT THING to do?

as it should be...

peace...

in your initial post you say 'the LEFT wants to limit free speech'

and in this last post you say YOU want to limit free speech....

are you a leftist?

are just a hypocrite?

are you accusing your enemies of your own crimes?

when the left tries to limit free speech is it an example of how terrible they are?
but
when YOU want to limit free speech is it the RIGHT THING to do?

I don't Believe that what the Westboro Douches are doing is "Free Speech"...

That's not the same as Liberals who want to Silence them while others they agree with continue...

Regardless of what they Claim on this Messageboard.

peace...

Liberals don't like what Westboro says about Gays... That's the thing that gets them the most...

What they do Appreciate is the Poster Child those Assholes Create for the Christian Right in General.

That way, they always have "Westboro" to reference when Generalizing about Christians...

Those Inbred FUCKS @ Westboro are not Christians.

peace...

As much as I hate the Westboro Baptist Church, and as sick and twisted as I think they are, I do think they have the right to do what they do (as long as they follow the law, and remain 1,000 feet away, and are non-violent).

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Because the Supreme Court can and does Molest the Constitution for whatever the Modern Political Wind is, doesn't mean that 1st doesn't say what it says...

In CLEAR Language.

Westboro is NOT Illustrating 1st Amendment Protections with their Harrassment and Incitement of Private Citizens.

peace...

as it should be...

peace...

That is not half bad legal analysis, Mal.

Free speech was never intended to be an absolute. If it had been, the concept of treason itself would not have existed simultaneously in the Constitution.

Some speech is not to be protected.

Inciting to riot is not permissible. Calling for the overthrow of the United States government by force and violence is not permitted. Libel and slander may be permitted but are also punishable (not criminally, but civilly).

Of all the speech that IS to be protected, the highest trump card is political speech.

And in it's sickening way, the fuckstains at Westboro are engaged in political speech. That's what makes this case so difficult.

I dislike the decision (revolted at the notion that those fuckstains are protected in their vile behavior). But even so, I have a difficult time arguing that the decision itself came down legally on the wrong side.

Forum List

Back