God, Guns...and Goofballs...

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
The Goofballs in the anti-gun lobby really need to get a grip on some thing besides their privates. The right of gun ownership is written into the Constitution. Its purporse is dual. In the parlous times in which the Constitution was written, weapons in the hands of the citizenry provided a ready source of men-at-arms in the event of a foreign power invading the U.S. It also provided the citizenry the means of discouraging a government bent on stripping U.S. citizens of their rights.

The Goofballs on both sides of the issue seem to have forgotten that with freedom comes responsibility. Guns ownership and use, because of the potentially deadly consequences of gun use, entails a heavy resposnsibility. If one is unable to bear that responsibility they have no business owning, let alone using, a gun.

The Goofballs in the pro-gun lobby need to get over their fascination with automatic weapons. You don't need to use an AK-47 on full auto to take down a deer. I've taken my fair share of big game with a Remington Model 700 .270 rifle. With a 180grain Winchester Silver-tip it's one shot...one kill. Besides you ventilate the deer too much you just ruin the meat. And an Ingram MAC-10 is useless for squirrel hunting, especially if you want to eat it after you kill it.

Guns don't kill people. Idiots with guns in their hands do. These blanket lawsuits against gun manufacturers miss the mark. It ignores the responsiblity of the individuals who use guns in the commission of crimes. By the same token, ballistic fingerprints of guns do not infringe on the right to keep and bear arms. It does make it easier to follow the chain of custody for weapons used in the commision of a crime, and to the perpetrator of those crimes.

Guns don't kill black people, other blacks do:

The NAACP's ludicrous idea to sue gun manufacturers is yet another attempt by the left to avoid personal responsibility for some individuals' bad behavior.

According to an NAACP press release, African-American males between the ages of 15 and 24 are almost five times more likely to be injured by firearms than are white males in the same age group. "Firearm homicide has been the leading cause of death among young African-American males for nearly 30 years," it stated.
http://www.salon.com/news/col/horo/1999/08/16/naacp/

Originally posted by Big D
Guns don't kill black people, other blacks do:

The NAACP's ludicrous idea to sue gun manufacturers is yet another attempt by the left to avoid personal responsibility for some individuals' bad behavior.

According to an NAACP press release, African-American males between the ages of 15 and 24 are almost five times more likely to be injured by firearms than are white males in the same age group. "Firearm homicide has been the leading cause of death among young African-American males for nearly 30 years," it stated.

Blah blah blah... when did the USMB get overrun by the racist trolls?

Bully, I applaud you on trying to start a good thread about gun control. I just wish that everyone would QUIT THROWING RACE INTO EVERY FUCKING SUBJECT!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
provided the citizenry the means of discouraging a government bent on stripping U.S. citizens of their rights.

That's why they want AK's. Not for hunting deer.

I think that should be obvious though they may not come out and say it directly.

Originally posted by gop_jeff

Bully, I applaud you on trying to start a good thread about gun control. I just wish that everyone would QUIT THROWING RACE INTO EVERY FUCKING SUBJECT!!!!!!!

I absolutely agree. Just more proof of their 1 track minds.

BTW Bully another subject I agree on with you. I an an avid hunter, birds not big game, but see guys who have the plug pulled on their semiauto shotgun giving the 5 shots at the dove, quail etc. etc. which is akin to the guy hunting deer with the AK. I am though an NRA member and avid 2nd amendment supporter but find the uzi, AK etc. etc in the hands of regular citizens as really having no point. You can have a 9mm and get the same job done.

Originally posted by gop_jeff

I thought this subject was about people who are sueing gun manufacturers?
The fact is that while blacks make up only 12 percent of the population, they account for 46 percent of total violent crime and 90 percent of the murders of other blacks. It is they, not whites or gun manufacturers, who are responsible for the disproportionate gun deaths of young black males.

Clearly without the violent gun crime commited by blacks and hispanics, gun control would be a non-issue.

Big D, while your statistics may be correct, this thread isn't about race. Please leave your comments about race in the racism thread unless it is directly related to the story posted. Not every issue in America is race related, although I'm confident you could find a story about blacks for every subject.

Please don't waste your time and mine in the future by injecting race into non-race related posts, because they will just be deleted.

You seem fairly intelligent, Big D, I'm sure you can discuss more than just black people and statistics.

The Goofballs in the anti-gun lobby really need to get a grip on some thing besides their privates. The right of gun ownership is written into the Constitution. Its purporse is dual. In the parlous times in which the Constitution was written, weapons in the hands of the citizenry provided a ready source of men-at-arms in the event of a foreign power invading the U.S. It also provided the citizenry the means of discouraging a government bent on stripping U.S. citizens of their rights.

The Goofballs on both sides of the issue seem to have forgotten that with freedom comes responsibility. Guns ownership and use, because of the potentially deadly consequences of gun use, entails a heavy resposnsibility. If one is unable to bear that responsibility they have no business owning, let alone using, a gun.

The Goofballs in the pro-gun lobby need to get over their fascination with automatic weapons. You don't need to use an AK-47 on full auto to take down a deer. I've taken my fair share of big game with a Remington Model 700 .270 rifle. With a 180grain Winchester Silver-tip it's one shot...one kill. Besides you ventilate the deer too much you just ruin the meat. And an Ingram MAC-10 is useless for squirrel hunting, especially if you want to eat it after you kill it.

Guns don't kill people. Idiots with guns in their hands do. These blanket lawsuits against gun manufacturers miss the mark. It ignores the responsiblity of the individuals who use guns in the commission of crimes. By the same token, ballistic fingerprints of guns do not infringe on the right to keep and bear arms. It does make it easier to follow the chain of custody for weapons used in the commision of a crime, and to the perpetrator of those crimes.
If it is illegal to get fingerprints or other identifiers from suspects in a crime without due process, gun owners and their guns should be no exception.

I see no reasonable cause to exclude gun owners from the due process clause of the constitution. Especially since bearing arms is a constititutionally specific right.

I actually agree with a lot of what Bully said here.

But while I see his point about how you don't need an AK to hunt, I also get tired of hearing about how we need to take all these measures to make sure people don't get these dangerous assault weapons when most criminals don't even use them (too loud, heavy, and conspicuous). I also understand the need for background checks, but I've wondered all the things that could prevent someone from getting a gun legally. Obviously, violent felons would not get one, but who else might be excluded? The other thing is that if some criminal wants a gun, he will get a gun somehow.

Originally posted by Moi
If it is illegal to get fingerprints or other identifiers from suspects in a crime without due process, gun owners and their guns should be no exception.

I see no reasonable cause to exclude gun owners from the due process clause of the constitution. Especially since bearing arms is a constititutionally specific right.

True, but a gun isn't a person, it is a thing. Besides, legitimate gun owners don't have anything to worry about. They're not out busting a cap in someone's ass while they're robbing a liquor store.

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Tell that to the people who point to Columbine.
We would be here forever if we were to go tit for tat on every gun crime commited in the U.S.A.

So lets look at all of them at once,
"While homicide overall is stable, homicides among youths have definitely risen. To look simply at the category "youth," however, is to miss the real story. The white youth homicide arrest rate has remained stable, while the black rate has skyrocketed. The murder arrest rate of whites aged 10 to 17 was the same in the 1989 as in 1980 (having dipped in the middle of the decade, and then risen to its former level). But whereas in the 1980 the black arrest rate was four times the white rate, by 1989 the black rate was eight times the white rate.
Much more information on gun control subject:

http://iurist.freeyellow.com/guncrime.htm

Yes, this white supremacy garbage is starting to become played out. You guys ride so high on your horses thinking you are in some way superior to other races. I will let you in on a little secret, in my social/financial standing, you and your friends are considered nothing more than white trash !

True, but a gun isn't a person, it is a thing. Besides, legitimate gun owners don't have anything to worry about. They're not out busting a cap in someone's ass while they're robbing a liquor store.
I would remind you of your objections to the Patriot Act. For years, it's been acceptable to the liberals in this country that law-abiding citizens' rights were infringed in complete contradiction to the rights spelled out in the Constitution.

Originally posted by eric
I will let you in on a little secret, in my social/financial standing, you and your friends are considered nothing more than white trash !

Most anyone with enough social and financial standing to live somewhere besides a trailer park would consider Big D and his friends white trash.

Originally posted by Moi
I would remind you of your objections to the Patriot Act. For years, it's been acceptable to the liberals in this country that law-abiding citizens' rights were infringed in complete contradiction to the rights spelled out in the Constitution.

I was just turning your argument back on you. Your response was ,yawn, predictable.

I was just turning your argument back on you. Your response was ,yawn, predictable.
Apparently one of your major flaws is misunderstanding someone's post. You clearly don't understand irony.

My response flew right over your head. There is no difference between the government knowing everything there is to know about me so that I can take advantage of my constitutionally stated right to own a gun and the government knowing everything there is to know about someone who's exercising their constititional right to free speech, press, assembly, etc.

The difference is that I live with the rules knowing that I have nothing to fear.

You, cry foul.

Forum List

Back