God Friended Me

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Is anyone besides me watching this?

Here’s the premise from Wiki:

God Friended Me is described as a humorous, uplifting series that explores questions of faith, existence and science. It centers on Miles (Hall), an atheist whose life is turned upside down when he is friended by God on Facebook. Unwittingly, he becomes an agent of change in the lives and destinies of others around him. Cara (Violett Beane) is a leading writer at an online magazine. Under pressure for her next big story, her life takes an interesting turn when she meets Miles—thanks to God's friend suggestion.

Now, I have to admit that I watched the premier certain that it would be a racist attack on religion. I was astonished to see that it was actually somewhat mild on that subject, even almost accepting. The three main characters are a black man, a white girl, and a Middle Eastern guy who are all involved with the various plots. No outright sexism nor have I seen LGBTQ agendas shoved down the viewers throats (unlike the show 9-11).

I find it entertaining and just wonder what your takes are.

God Friended Me is described as a humorous, uplifting series that explores questions of faith, existence and science. It centers on Miles (Hall), an atheist whose life is turned upside down when he is friended by God on Facebook. Unwittingly, he becomes an agent of change in the lives and destinies of others around him. Cara (Violett Beane) is a leading writer at an online magazine. Under pressure for her next big story, her life takes an interesting turn when she meets Miles—thanks to God's friend suggestion.

Now, I have to admit that I watched the premier certain that it would be a racist attack on religion. I was astonished to see that it was actually somewhat mild on that subject, even almost accepting. The three main characters are a black man, a white girl, and a Middle Eastern guy who are all involved with the various plots. No outright sexism nor have I seen LGBTQ agendas shoved down the viewers throats (unlike the show 9-11).

I love it! I wish more would watch it the ratings are not good. I guess people no longer care about feel good shows with a moral lesson.

I love it! I wish more would watch it the ratings are not good. I guess people no longer care about feel good shows with a moral lesson.

I would check it out, but I do not have cbs access.

If it ever becomes available on Amazon, or perhaps I will wait to season one is done, and abuse the Free 7 day trial.

If it ever becomes available on Amazon, or perhaps I will wait to season one is done, and abuse the Free 7 day trial.
Like twelve bucks for digital antenae and will will normally get ABC,NBC, and CBS along with some others.

Like twelve bucks for digital antenae and will will normally get ABC,NBC, and CBS along with some others.

And you have to watch the shows when they are aired, correct?

This is true! If this is not agreeable to you I would suggest Hulu!

I have netflix now, and buy a number of shows on Amazon. I've been considering buying hulu too. Does anyone know it Hulu has this show?

I have netflix now, and buy a number of shows on Amazon. I've been considering buying hulu too. Does anyone know it Hulu has this show?
I have it. I have not checked to see if it is on there as sunday night is the night I am almost assured to be home. In my experience they have almost all of the shows and can watch them with a few short days of airing!

I have it. I have not checked to see if it is on there as sunday night is the night I am almost assured to be home. In my experience they have almost all of the shows and can watch them with a few short days of airing!

I've certainly heard that Hulu is better for tv shows than netflix.

Absolutely!

Absolutely!

I will get it soon.

Absolutely!

I will get it soon.
I hope you enjoy it! Good to have when it snowin and blowing you can catch up on all the stuff ya missed when it was nice outside.

Not particularly. This one I do as it comes on at 8pm local. Being an old fart, my bedtime is 9.

For all the other shows, I can either DVR or use On Demand.

`
I like it well enough I guess. I would like to see more of the dad and his church storylines. It seems a little disjointed right now between the preacher dad side and the atheist side. If the show lasts it feels almost like they are setting it up for a predictable twist of son finds religion and dad loses faith.

not anymore.....just a handful of shows now....

Forum List

Back