God forgive us!

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Below is a modified prayer given in Kansas at the opening of the session of their Senate. Many walked out as it was being prayed. I took the liberty of altering it somewhat.

Heavenly Father, we come before you today to ask your forgiveness and to seek your direction and guidance. We know what your word says, "Woe to those who call evil good", but that is exactly what we have done..

We have exploited the poor, and called it the lottery.

We have rewarded laziness with welfare.

We have killed the unborn and called it choice.

We have shot abortionists and called it justifiable.

We have neglected the disciplining of our children and called it building self esteem

We have abused power and called it politics.

We have coveted our neighbor's possessions and called it a virtue via governmental redistribution.

Our laws say prostitution is wrong but film it and it becomes a legal form of self expression.

Our sexual identity is a choice, but our selection of which gender to have sex with is not.

We seek to ban guns and legalize drugs, even though drugs kill far more of our people that also leads to more gun violence.

Search us, oh God, and know our hearts today; cleanse us from every sin and set us free!

Amen

God isn't coming.

End of story

And you'll never be a chick......ya fuken weirdo.
The odds are way better that he'll be a chick one day than for "God" ever showing up.

I'd say it's even odds...ya fuken hack.
Then I suggest that you should never dabble in gambling.

LOL...you actually believe a dude can turn into a chick.
Latent homo tendencies?

why would people walk out?

How weak is an adult that he can't sit quietly for 60 seconds?

It's not weakness. It's a statement that a prayer that is supposed to be being said on behalf of the meeting participants is just loaded with political crap that does not represent the views of the individual who walks out. This "prayer" is just a right-wing manifesto coming out of a certain variant of the Christian faith and it's intention is to grandstand. It doesn't represent the views of all people present. Silence would be interpreted as approval in these circumstances. The person or persons responsible for this "prayer" should apologize.

This is why I don't think that public prayer at political/government meetings is a good idea. You never know what is going to come out of the mouth of the person offering the prayer.

BTW: there have been instances in which people self-identifying as Christians have walked out on prayers being said at government meetings, too.

I think that anyone who wants to pray should do so before the meeting is called to order.

It's not weakness. It's a statement that a prayer that is supposed to be being said on behalf of the meeting participants is just loaded with political crap that does not represent the views of the individual who walks out. This "prayer" is just a right-wing manifesto coming out of a certain variant of the Christian faith and it's intention is to grandstand. It doesn't represent the views of all people present. Silence would be interpreted as approval in these circumstances. The person or persons responsible for this "prayer" should apologize.

This is why I don't think that public prayer at political/government meetings is a good idea. You never know what is going to come out of the mouth of the person offering the prayer.

BTW: there have been instances in which people self-identifying as Christians have walked out on prayers being said at government meetings, too.

I think that anyone who wants to pray should do so before the meeting is called to order.

Right wing crap? He did ask to forgive us for murdering abortion doctors did he not?

Is the rest of that all right wing? Is coveting really a virtue, etc?

Interesting.

Right wing crap? He did ask to forgive us for murdering abortion doctors did he not?

Interesting.
Yeah, seemed like Political crap to me but I also considered the source and the comment that you altered it. Your political ego is one of the biggest here. I think Rabbis was bigger though.

so hearing another point of view, and fleeing like a bitch, isn't weakness to you.

and you think people that pray should apologize.

that's just about the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Interesting.
Yeah, seemed like Political crap to me but I also considered the source and the comment that you altered it. Your political ego is one of the biggest here. I think Rabbis was bigger though.

Well if you had read my statement, I did alter it a bit.

Interesting.

I just said that.

Interesting.

I just said that.

So what was right winged about it?

Interesting.

I just said that.

So what was right winged about it?
Every single comment.

Unless murdering people WAS a part of the platform.

lol!

Anyhoo, yall partisans say democrats are anti religion when like 80 percent or some such % of them are religious....and id guess youre one of the chuckle heads who says that so id say your OP being religious at all is republican as well, considering the source once again.

Forum List

Back