God defines what a marriage is.

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
GOD DEFINES WHAT A MARRIAGE IS.

GOD defines marriage as a union between and “woman” and a “man” and the unions makes the “wife” and “husband.” Not man and man or woman and woman. And GOD set out laws concerning marriage and what is acceptable and what it not. Man do no have the right to change that.

Gen. 2:18, 21-24
The Lord God said, 'It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him'...and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh.
Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, 'This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman,' for she was taken out of man.' For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

1 Corinthians 7:1-2
... It is good for a man not to marry. But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband

The Boundaries of Godly Sexuality (Leviticus 18:6-29)
Who is acceptable to marry.

No other union exist outside of GOD arrangement is acceptable to GOD. Government can pass laws but government cannot change GOD’s law. No matter what the Government say, GOD has the final say. And if it was put on the ballot, I could never cast a vote for or against, I don't have that right.

GOD defines marriage as a union between and “woman” and a “man” and the unions makes the “wife” and “husband.” Not man and man or woman and woman. And GOD set out laws concerning marriage and what is acceptable and what it not. Man do no have the right to change that.

The Lord God said, 'It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him'...and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh.
Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, 'This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman,' for she was taken out of man.' For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

... It is good for a man not to marry. But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband

No other union exist outside of GOD arrangement is acceptable to GOD. Government can pass laws but government cannot change GOD’s law. No matter what the Government say, GOD has the final say. And if it was put on the ballot, I could never cast a vote for or against, I don't have that right.

Great....don't marry a woman then....I promise I'll never marry(or even have sex with) a man. See how easy that was?

You see, there are conflicts between faith and living in a free society. The best we can do is to abide by God's law as best we can at the personal level and let the people decide for our society. In God's eye, sin is sin....I know that I am a sinner, I know I will probably fall short until the minute I draw my last breath. I am in no position to judge another person and tell them where they are going to spend their afterlife.

I caught the tail end of your post....and I agree with you...on a referendum, I would choose not to vote.

As long as I don't have to accept those relationships as married who cares what they do. As long as the government uses its power to give a venue to those who want to prosecute photographers, landlords, bakers, artists, plumbers, pastors, teachers, schools or anyone else then it becomes a bigger problem. It isn't a matter of letting them live their lives in peace as long as they want to force themselves on others.

As long as I don't have to accept those relationships as married who cares what they do. As long as the government uses its power to give a venue to those who want to prosecute photographers, landlords, bakers, artists, plumbers, pastors, teachers, schools or anyone else then it becomes a bigger problem. It isn't a matter of letting them live their lives in peace as long as they want to force themselves on others.

Who wants to prosecute those people? Let's start with pastors....there are churches that will perform the ceremony and those that won't....that's called freedom of religion.....the rest? I don't even begin to understand your point. I'm thinking that if any one of those professions would choose not to provide services to a gay couple, there are plenty of others who will...the Yellow Pages are a handy dandy tool.

Lastly, force themselves on others? what do you mean? Did you ever think that things like "gay pride parades" would gradually disappear once.they become a mainstream part of society?

True, one’s rights are not determined by popular vote.

Who wants to prosecute those people? Let's start with pastors....there are churches that will perform the ceremony and those that won't....that's called freedom of religion.....the rest? I don't even begin to understand your point. I'm thinking that if any one of those professions would choose not to provide services to a gay couple, there are plenty of others who will...the Yellow Pages are a handy dandy tool.

Lastly, force themselves on others? what do you mean? Did you ever think that things like "gay pride parades" would gradually disappear once.they become a mainstream part of society?

You're not alone.

Forum List

Back