God and USA's Economy

tthttf

Rookie
Aug 6, 2011
Christmas retail sales account for a significant portion of how well our economy is doing.

As you know, there are a relative few of us in this country who do not keep these holidays because we do not find instructions in the Bible to keep these days and upon examination Christmas and Easter both have their origins in pagan celebrations.

What I would like to point out is that I don't believe God cares about our economy as much as the humans in this nation do. We snub God and refuse to keep His Holy Days all listed in the Bible and we keep pagan holidays that are abomination to Him when you read some of the practices associated with these ancient pagan festivals.

We deserve the worst depression ever witnessed in this world and if the Bible is true it will come. Because the time of Jacob's trouble is described as the worse time of trouble ever to come on a nation and how much we do deserve it.

You better be thankful for what you have right now because it is definitely going to be all removed from us because of all of our sins!

I wanted to state this since I see very few others concerned about God in all this economic turmoil...

And we are robbing God of HIS tithes as well as offerings...

The tithe is Holy to God and it is not ours to begin with so we are not giving God our money we are giving to God what He owns which is 100% of what we have but He only requires you give 10% and you can keep the 90% which is really God's but He allows you to use it.

Think about it...

I occasionally think that everything in the world today can be narrowed down to politics and economy.

But that's just me.

The reason our economy sucks is because we are disobedient to God's commandments. Were we to obey the commandments of God, we would prosper in the land. but when we break them as a people, we have no problem.

The Lord has commanded us to be honest and deal honestly with our brethren and we haven't.
The Lord has commanded us to be Holy and instead we have been corrupt.
The Lord has commanded us to work if we want to eat, but we think all are entitled to food if we don't labor for it.
The Lord commanded us to be humble and avoid pride. Yet we are proud people who care more for looking better than others or what we "deserve" rather than what we need.
The Lord commanded us to pay and honest tithe and be good stewards over what He has given us, yet we ignore the princples of thrift and frugality to satisfy our lusts.

If we listened to half the commandments of the Lord, we would all be much better off financially and able to help those who really need it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJL-lqZriDc]‪Finger Pointing‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Christmas retail sales account for a significant portion of how well our economy is doing.

As you know, there are a relative few of us in this country who do not keep these holidays because we do not find instructions in the Bible to keep these days and upon examination Christmas and Easter both have their origins in pagan celebrations.

What I would like to point out is that I don't believe God cares about our economy as much as the humans in this nation do. We snub God and refuse to keep His Holy Days all listed in the Bible and we keep pagan holidays that are abomination to Him when you read some of the practices associated with these ancient pagan festivals.

We deserve the worst depression ever witnessed in this world and if the Bible is true it will come. Because the time of Jacob's trouble is described as the worse time of trouble ever to come on a nation and how much we do deserve it.

You better be thankful for what you have right now because it is definitely going to be all removed from us because of all of our sins!

I wanted to state this since I see very few others concerned about God in all this economic turmoil...

The tithe is Holy to God and it is not ours to begin with so we are not giving God our money we are giving to God what He owns which is 100% of what we have but He only requires you give 10% and you can keep the 90% which is really God's but He allows you to use it.

Think about it...

For someone who wants to tell us about Christianity, you don't seem to understand much about its origins. It was one of the tactics of the early church to take those pagan festivals and co-opt them. Rather than make the people give up their celebrations, they were simply told, "it means this now". Remember, Jesus said "what you bind on earth, will be bound in heaven". It ISN'T a matter of paganism worming its way into Christianity, but the other way around.

BTW, what's more pagan that a tri-partite God or a man-God hybrid? That's straight out of the pagan handbook!!!

For someone who wants to tell us about Christianity, you don't seem to understand much about its origins. It was one of the tactics of the early church to take those pagan festivals and co-opt them. Rather than make the people give up their celebrations, they were simply told, "it means this now". Remember, Jesus said "what you bind on earth, will be bound in heaven". It ISN'T a matter of paganism worming its way into Christianity, but the other way around.

The original Church was composed mostly of Jews--flesh-born Israelites.

The early problem they had was the members wanted to cling to the rituals of Judaism.

But later, after the Gentile converts outnumbered the Jews there was a movement to remove everything "Jewish" in the Church.

No more 7th Day Sabbath, no more Passover/Days of Unleavened Bread, etc. Then to replace these days, these pro-Gentile forces substituted pagan observances in place of God's Sabbaths and God's true saints left this Roman church and are scattered and almost invisible to the world today.

There is divine healing in their church groups. I have been healed a number of times by anointing and following the instructions of James 5. We keep God's Sabbath Days both weekly and annual and we obey the dietary laws (clean and unclean) meats and have a lot of other doctrines that are different from mainstream Christianity today but can be found and proved to be valid doctrines in God's Holy Word.

Paganism is not allowed in God's true Church. It is not a matter who wormed its away into whom, but a matter of a false church that the world thinks is the Church that Christ founded which is not true. God's true Church obeys God and Christ and follows the Commandments and instructions written down in the Bible from Genesis to Revelation as best we can. It is pure, undefiled not stained with paganism.

Tithing is one of those doctrines we obey: 1st Tithe, 2nd Tithe and the 3rd Tithe.

Hope that clears up any misunderstanding.

Last edited:
The reason our economy sucks is because we are disobedient to God's commandments. Were we to obey the commandments of God, we would prosper in the land. but when we break them as a people, we have no problem.

The Lord has commanded us to be honest and deal honestly with our brethren and we haven't.
The Lord has commanded us to be Holy and instead we have been corrupt.
The Lord has commanded us to work if we want to eat, but we think all are entitled to food if we don't labor for it.
The Lord commanded us to be humble and avoid pride. Yet we are proud people who care more for looking better than others or what we "deserve" rather than what we need.
The Lord commanded us to pay and honest tithe and be good stewards over what He has given us, yet we ignore the princples of thrift and frugality to satisfy our lusts.

If we listened to half the commandments of the Lord, we would all be much better off financially and able to help those who really need it.

You are being sarcastic, aren't you?
God has nothing to do with capitalism.

Not being religious, I celebrate Isaac Newton's birthday. Also, Joshua Ben Joseph was not born in December, he was born in February or March according to the books of Matthew and Luke.

Also, I know for a fact that Newton was born, and his ideas mean more to my life than some journeyman carpenter who lived on the ass end of the Roman empire back in the days of Tiberius.

So I think celebrating Newton's birthday is a better deal

If you want to join with me in this, Newton's birthday is December 25.

Nope not at all. I am simply stating the virtues individuals must hold to ensure a strong economy. It's when we part from those virtues and people start manipulating and scamming that often leads to economic downturns.

Besides you're wrong. Capitalism is merely the natural law of what occurs when people are free to make informed decisions about how they should spend their time and money. When people look after their own interest the "Invisible Hand" lifts everyone.

What exactly do you think the Invisible hand is? It's the hand of Divine providence.

Not being religious, I celebrate Isaac Newton's birthday. Also, Joshua Ben Joseph was not born in December, he was born in February or March according to the books of Matthew and Luke.

Also, I know for a fact that Newton was born, and his ideas mean more to my life than some journeyman carpenter who lived on the ass end of the Roman empire back in the days of Tiberius.

So I think celebrating Newton's birthday is a better deal

If you want to join with me in this, Newton's birthday is December 25.
I do the same thing. I've never understood worshiping something that there's no evidence of. Or following someone who lived a long time ago who, again, there's not a whole lot of evidence for. I also don't like some of their ideals, like saying no to gay marriage. That's just stupid.

Last edited:

Think about it...

First of all I suppose everyone is entitled to voicing their opinions....

Secondly I would ask that if indeed your God is the God of the Bible, which bible? The Christian bible, as you only made a slight reference...

Thirdly, I'm a little crabby this week so I would like to ask what you consider a reasonable solution for our land to be worthy of salvation? Collective recognition of God being infact the multi-faceted system in which was put in place by individuals who were far more deeply rooted in the afore mentioned Christian bible than we appear to be today?

While politics are not my strong point, which is laughably obvious I'm sure... The system(s) we have in place very well do effectively represent God and his ways.

We DO give God His 10% in every form by participated in living life, period. Every angle one looks shows evidence of such. Some things do show signs of needed attention, needed monies, needed hands for labor, but perhaps some things also need to just die out to give life to other things.

We raise our children to appreciate and respect the systems for how they are and to only change the things that would further insure their survival and the survival of their children... children's children. Thus the father's father crown of life. Our Christian bible is no less political than it is spiritual.

Our food, water, shelter, 'it all' serves God as we not only utilize these things we also produce and pass on such.

So, finally I would also ask just where it is you think 'we' massively fail God. Perhaps your words prove your own insecurities. I have learned as much from mine, that is all too often the lesson God gives us as His children that too few of us recognize and learn. Perhaps THAT is how we fail God if we do at all.

Last edited:

Nope not at all. I am simply stating the virtues individuals must hold to ensure a strong economy. It's when we part from those virtues and people start manipulating and scamming that often leads to economic downturns.

Besides you're wrong. Capitalism is merely the natural law of what occurs when people are free to make informed decisions about how they should spend their time and money. When people look after their own interest the "Invisible Hand" lifts everyone.

What exactly do you think the Invisible hand is? It's the hand of Divine providence.

So only those that believe in God have the virtues to ensure a strong economy?
No way. There is no proof to that whatsoever. My neighbor is an atheist and he is the best neighbor around.
God has nothing to do with capitalism. Offer some proof to your claims.

Forum List

Back