God and Man

Words mean something... They don't always convey their purpose, and I was correcting him. He didn't want to be corrected, so be it. I believe his actual purpose isn't charity in itself, but he says it is, so ... thats the way it is.

Phaedrus said:
Words mean something... They don't always convey their purpose, and I was correcting him. He didn't want to be corrected, so be it. I believe his actual purpose isn't charity in itself, but he says it is, so ... thats the way it is.

He was crystal clear from the beginning. How do you wish he would have said it? I'd like to know.

His purpose could be philanthropy, benevolance or to be closer to God. His means to that purpose would be charity.

Phaedrus said:
His purpose could be philanthropy, benevolance or to be closer to God. His means to that purpose would be charity.

So his pupose can't be to be charitable?

Phaedrus said:
I'm clear in my language.

Nanu nanu.

Keep telling yourself that, Mork.

Mork%20and%20Mindy%20pic%201.jpg

Phaedrus said:
The random event theory requires less faith, i.e., is more believable.

It requires less faith to you to think that the universe "just happened" than that the universe was created on purpose?

Yeah... but thats subjective and undefendable, just as saying believing in God requires less faith. btw, when did having less faith make what you beleive in more reasonable?

Phaedrus said:
Yeah... but thats subjective and undefendable, just as saying believing in God requires less faith. btw, when did having less faith make what you beleive in more reasonable?

I never said it did. I'm not sure I would agree with that statement.

I have been amazed by the number of people who now do not accept the bible as the Word of God.
It seems that more and more are starting to believe that the Bible is flawed with time and translations.
That it is the word of man.
Does anyone still believe that the Bible is truth anymore?
Is it so far fetched to think that man could have written the Bible while under devine insperation by the Spirit of our Heavenly Father?
I dont think its so far fetched.
Some statistics show that less than half adults under 30 believe that God never existed. I hope that is exagerated.
I believe America is falling farther away from God, we have started to fall asleep, while God is saying its time to wake up.
What is our reason for being here?
Do you believe God has a purpose for mankind?
If so, what do you think that purpose is?
Human's purpose can only be two things. Enjoy life and continue life. That means our purpose must be to build a spaceship that can take us off this rock because it has an expiration date on it.

The bible was made up by men 2000 years ago. Superstitious, ignorant, etc. Just because my dad, grand dad, his dad, his dad, his dad and his dad before him swallowed these stories doesn't mean we have to. I'm not buying any of it.

And it's not people like me ruining the planet. People shooting up other people. Denying global warming. Fighting holy wars.

Human's purpose can only be two things. Enjoy life and continue life. That means our purpose must be to build a spaceship that can take us off this rock because it has an expiration date on it.

The bible was made up by men 2000 years ago. Superstitious, ignorant, etc. Just because my dad, grand dad, his dad, his dad, his dad and his dad before him swallowed these stories doesn't mean we have to. I'm not buying any of it.

And it's not people like me ruining the planet. People shooting up other people. Denying global warming. Fighting holy wars.

This rule is such bullshit. I'm going to start a thread predicting Biden wins in 2024. If any Republican bumps it if/when he loses, I will complain.

To cover all my basis I will also start a few more threads.

I predict Nikki Haley to win

Kamala

DiSantis

Trump

This rule is such bullshit. I'm going to start a thread predicting Biden wins in 2024. If any Republican bumps it if/when he loses, I will complain.

To cover all my basis I will also start a few more threads.

I predict Nikki Haley to win

Kamala

DiSantis

Trump
I can't wait for the day when you turn Red. You better create a new account when that happens.

Yea! I can't even bump my old thread "I'm a Republican Now". I'll have to start a new one. Damn.
I'm pretty sure they'd make an exception for that one. But it will happen for real one day. You'll see. You'll probably even start believing in God too.

Forum List

Back