God = Allah = Abba = father

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
I hate to see someone's blind hatred and bigotry blind them to the truths that the Bible and Qur'an share.

Exodus 3:6
Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

Genesis 32:9
And Jacob said, O God of my father Abraham, and God of my father Isaac, the LORD which saidst unto me, Return unto thy country, and to thy kindred, and I will deal well with thee

Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Mark 14:36
“Abba, Father,” he said, “everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.”

Romans 8:15
The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”

Galatians 4:6
Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.”

Many missionaries branded so-called Muslim forms of worship and religious vocabulary as wrong, without knowing that virtually all quranic religious vocabulary, including the name “Allah,” and virtually all the forms of worship, except those specifically related to Muhammad, were used by Jews and/or Christians before they were used by Muslims.
Who was

Just sayin'
:eusa_angel:

God is the generic word for many names of God. It's unfortunate we didn't stick with Eloheim or El Shaddai, then there wouldn't be so much confusion with Allah.

Did you know the phonetic Hebrew word for Allah is:

אלה
'âlâh
aw-law'
A primitive root (rather identical with H422 through the idea of invocation); to bewail: - lament.

אלה
'âlâh
aw-law'
A primitive root; properly to adjure, that is, (usually in a bad sense) imprecate: - adjure, curse, swear.

As for equating all gods as one, it doesn't wash. Muslims know it as well, that's why their law is to kill anyone who leaves Islam for Christianity.

Sure there is a Jesus in the Islamic beliefs, but their belief is that He is no more than a prophet that was able to do a few healings. That's not all that Christ is to a Christian, not by a long shot.

Similarities in beliefs? Sure. That's what happens when a man decides he is a prophet and tries to convince the Jews and the Christians that he knows their religions better than they do and instead creates a third, mixing up all the beliefs and then claiming his book usurps all others then butchers them when they disagree.

That doesn't make it the same god. Far from it.

God is the generic word for many names of God. It's unfortunate we didn't stick with Eloheim or El Shaddai, then there wouldn't be so much confusion with Allah.

Did you know the phonetic Hebrew word for Allah is:

אלה
'âlâh
aw-law'
A primitive root (rather identical with H422 through the idea of invocation); to bewail: - lament.

אלה
'âlâh
aw-law'
A primitive root; properly to adjure, that is, (usually in a bad sense) imprecate: - adjure, curse, swear.

As for equating all gods as one, it doesn't wash. Muslims know it as well, that's why their law is to kill anyone who leaves Islam for Christianity.

Sure there is a Jesus in the Islamic beliefs, but their belief is that He is no more than a prophet that was able to do a few healings. That's not all that Christ is to a Christian, not by a long shot.

Similarities in beliefs? Sure. That's what happens when a man decides he is a prophet and tries to convince the Jews and the Christians that he knows their religions better than they do and instead creates a third, mixing up all the beliefs and then claiming his book usurps all others then butchers them when they disagree.

That doesn't make it the same god. Far from it.

A twisted man's convoluted ideas about what God the Father wants doesn't diminish His divinity.

IOW..... Same Father, different interpretations.

I hate to see someone's blind hatred and bigotry blind them to the truths that the Bible and Qur'an share.

Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

And Jacob said, O God of my father Abraham, and God of my father Isaac, the LORD which saidst unto me, Return unto thy country, and to thy kindred, and I will deal well with thee

The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

“Abba, Father,” he said, “everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.”

The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”

Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.”

Many missionaries branded so-called Muslim forms of worship and religious vocabulary as wrong, without knowing that virtually all quranic religious vocabulary, including the name “Allah,” and virtually all the forms of worship, except those specifically related to Muhammad, were used by Jews and/or Christians before they were used by Muslims.
Who was

Just sayin'
The quran is nothing but lies taken from the Bible by the liar mohammed. Allah is not the god of Abraham, Izaac, and Jacob, Jehova is. Allah is satan.

There are so many verses in both books, but the direction of the Quran is to dominate and mistreat unbelievers so badly that they will give in just to survive and convert to Islam. Mohammad used Islam to gain political control and beheaded (was it over 900?) who refused to submit.

Christ role modeled to forgive those who persecute and kill us.

How much more different could the two beliefs be.

Libs seem to want to destroy all things Christian. I think there will be some real regret when you see what comes next, but it will be too late.

Who was

Just sayin'

Have you ever read the Quran? It is a very different book from the New Testament. Very little in common.

I respect everybody's religion. Saying that they are all the same is the deepest form of disrespect and religious intolerance.

I always laugh when I hear Christian denigrate the name "Allah".

The word Allah just means "The God" in arabic.

If you go to a Christian church anywhere in the Middle East. Their services are conducted in the Arabic language and their Bibles are printed in Arabic.

If you open their Bible you will see that they use the word "Allah" instead of "God" or "Lord" like in the English translation of the King James Bible.

Muslims and Christians and Jews all worship the god of Abraham do they not?

Yes. But stupid people - of all faiths or of no faith - are welcome to whine about it.

Mohammad came up with his own god with completely opposite characteristics and called it the same god, does that make it the same god because Mohammad says it is?

So as people are screaming "ALLAH AKBAR" as they whack off the heads of Christians and Jews, do you think there might be an inconsistency?

If a Muslim decides to worship Jesus, do Muslims have a problem with that?

Yes. But stupid people - of all faiths or of no faith - are welcome to whine about it.

Huh?

Well anyway if they all worship the SAME god then killing each other over religion is stupit.
They are all brothers and sisters in Gods eyes?

That's never stopped Christians from killing Christians or Muslims from killing Muslims, so why should it stop Christians and Muslims from killing each other?

Mohammad came up with his own god with completely opposite characteristics and called it the same god, does that make it the same god because Mohammad says it is?
Exactly what are these completely opposite characteristics you refer to?

A side by side comparison of Bible verses and Quran verses to make your point would be nice. :doubt:

I always laugh when I hear Christian denigrate the name "Allah".

The word Allah just means "The God" in arabic.

If you go to a Christian church anywhere in the Middle East. Their services are conducted in the Arabic language and their Bibles are printed in Arabic.

If you open their Bible you will see that they use the word "Allah" instead of "God" or "Lord" like in the English translation of the King James Bible.

Thats true, Allah just means God in Arabic thats all, its not the name of a person like so many Westerners think.

So as people are screaming "ALLAH AKBAR" as they whack off the heads of Christians and Jews, do you think there might be an inconsistency?

If a Muslim "worships" Jesus he is no longer a Muslim, Jesus is a prophet in the Quran but for a Muslim you have to believe in God and Prophet Muhammed is his messenger, theres not alot of wiggle room on this with Islam.

If a Christian starts saying Parise Allah in church do christians have a problem with that?

I began to read the Koran, it became clear IMO that Allah and God/Yahweh are not the same dude.

But there is only one god and they both started out worshipping the god of Abraham.

The problem is the people and the religion they built just like Christians as well.
It is HOW they worship god.
And HOW they rationalize their actions with their religion.

Religion is a construct of man not god.

Huh?

Well anyway if they all worship the SAME god then killing each other over religion is stupit.
They are all brothers and sisters in Gods eyes?

The split, if one were to call it that, comes in the story of Abraham.

When the promised child had not yet been concieved, Sarah gave Abraham her handmaiden Hagar to concieve a child with. He did. His name was Ishmael. Then God "remembered his promise" and Sarah was also with child. She gave birth to Isaac.

Sarah then did not want Ishmael to share in the inheritance that she felt rightfully belonged to Isaac and told Abraham to send hagar and Ishmael away, which he did...into the desert.

When Hagar believed Ishmael was near death, she placed him under a "bush" and moved away from him because she could not bear to watch her child die. And God sent an angel to her who told her to go get Ishmael, there was water nearby and that God would make a nation from Ishmael.

This isnt Qaran, this is old testament Bible.

The nation God made of Isaac was the Hebrew nation. And from Ishmael he made the Arabic nation.

Theres a great book out there simply called Abraham, that really takes a hard look at the three Abrahamic religions and explains both their differences and their similarities in great detail. Very easy to read and interesting book. I suggest everyone take a look.

Forum List

Back