GObP blocked vet's cost of living raise

:lol: This is the biggest pile of bullshit I've ever read on here. It's so mindblowingly stupid I don't even feel the need to blow it apart.

So you think vets are incompetant people who sit around all day wanting for the government to do something for them? I don't. I think they are some of the hardest working, honorable people I know.

I dont know why you on the left feel the need to try to turn them into victims of everything. Especially why you feel the need to lie to do so, like in the OP.

But since it's the biggest pile of nonsense you've read on here, im sure youll have no problem whatsoever explaining yourself. or why you think otherwise.

First of all, I don't think you should be able to call people incompetent unless you can spell incompetent. The vets I know (and I know a lot of them) mainly joined for benefits or college. And the ones who went to the war zones came back all fucked up. These men aren't victims and you're creating a ridiculous straw man argument with that. They came back injured, changed, and with expectations that their service would be respected and paid back. However this country has a reprehensible record in it's treatment of vets. One of the best things the Obama Administration has done has been to restructure the VA and improve benefits to our former soldiers. The Vietnam vets I know and hang out with tell me it's been night and day between Bush's and Obama's handling of veteran affairs. What you're saying is uninformed offensive utter bullshit. I have nothing against you personally and I appreciate us keeping this civil. But you're vision of this issue is extremely offensive to me. Our veterans deserve as much as we can give them because your ass and my ass isn't over there carrying a gun.

So you also know what the Vets think?

My husband is a Viet Nam Marine Vet...he can not stand Obama. He can't even stand to hear him talk.

My son is in the Army, training in Psy Ops, and in 2008 he really wasn't into politics and thought i was a little crazy with me not trusting Obama. When he was home on leave a couple weeks ago, he's completely changed his tune. He says he needs to be voted OUT. He told me most of the guys in his unit feel the same way. Why do you think you've heard so much lately about someone in the military getting in trouble for speaking their mind about Obama on facebook, or some other media? Obama has them upset, and they're not liking where he's leading them!

So you think vets are incompetant people who sit around all day wanting for the government to do something for them? I don't. I think they are some of the hardest working, honorable people I know.

I dont know why you on the left feel the need to try to turn them into victims of everything. Especially why you feel the need to lie to do so, like in the OP.

But since it's the biggest pile of nonsense you've read on here, im sure youll have no problem whatsoever explaining yourself. or why you think otherwise.

First of all, I don't think you should be able to call people incompetent unless you can spell incompetent. The vets I know (and I know a lot of them) mainly joined for benefits or college. And the ones who went to the war zones came back all fucked up. These men aren't victims and you're creating a ridiculous straw man argument with that. They came back injured, changed, and with expectations that their service would be respected and paid back. However this country has a reprehensible record in it's treatment of vets. One of the best things the Obama Administration has done has been to restructure the VA and improve benefits to our former soldiers. The Vietnam vets I know and hang out with tell me it's been night and day between Bush's and Obama's handling of veteran affairs. What you're saying is uninformed offensive utter bullshit. I have nothing against you personally and I appreciate us keeping this civil. But you're vision of this issue is extremely offensive to me. Our veterans deserve as much as we can give them because your ass and my ass isn't over there carrying a gun.

So you also know what the Vets think?

My husband is a Viet Nam Marine Vet...he can not stand Obama. He can't even stand to hear him talk.

My son is in the Army, training in Psy Ops, and in 2008 he really wasn't into politics and thought i was a little crazy with me not trusting Obama. When he was home on leave a couple weeks ago, he's completely changed his tune. He says he needs to be voted OUT. He told me most of the guys in his unit feel the same way. Why do you think you've heard so much lately about someone in the military getting in trouble for speaking their mind about Obama on facebook, or some other media? Obama has them upset, and they're not liking where he's leading them!

Based on what?

GOP blocked cost-of-living adjustment for veterans, Sen. Murray says - The Washington Post

yeah, I know we already know this but its an important issue. No matter what else you feel, please write your Congressperson and tell them to take time out from their constant vacation to vote FOR this.

Ya sure.. a great accomplishment in it's own right... BUT did they frost the cake by saying it is Obama's innaction? Anybody can piss on the veterans.. getting America to believe the black guy did it is "priceless"...

It's offensive to you that I think Vet's aren't incompetent? It's offensive to you that I think they are some of the hardest working, honorable people I know and shouldn't be treated like victims because they chose to sacrifice unimaginable things for their fellow man?

Im going to have to simply agree to disagree on that one.

Theres a lot of vets w/ unseen scars like traumatic brain injury. These vets need all the assistance that can be offered to reintegrate them into society. Thanks Republicorp :rolleyes:

:lol: This is the biggest pile of bullshit I've ever read on here. It's so mindblowingly stupid I don't even feel the need to blow it apart.

Meet Avatar....

She is quite possibly one of the biggest partisan hacks on this site. It doesn't matter what the issue is she will take the side of whatever the person with the (R) next their name says. It's without fail.

GOP blocked cost-of-living adjustment for veterans, Sen. Murray says - The Washington Post

yeah, I know we already know this but its an important issue. No matter what else you feel, please write your Congressperson and tell them to take time out from their constant vacation to vote FOR this.

The OP is a liar. The entire GOP did not block this. 1 lone Senator blocked it. He should not have.

EDITL
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09/27/which-senator-put-a-hold-on-veterans-benefits-bill.html
Under Senate rules, a single senator is allowed to anonymously keep a bill from advancing toward a vote with what is called a “secret hold.” The senator in this case has not been identified.
IF it is secret, HOW do they know it was a Republican?

A spokesman for Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), the ranking Republican on the Senate veterans’ committee, announced Thursday afternoon that the issue had been resolved and there was no hold.

Who originally placed the secret hold, and why? No one seems to know or wants to say.
So, no hold after all.

Michael Brumas, a spokesman for Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, tells The Daily Beast, “I don’t know of any secret holds. This was a late request and by the time the Senate adjourned not all 100 senators had had a chance to sign off on it. The bill was being reviewed in the waning hours before the Senate finished its work. Unfortunately, the Senate adjourned before the clearance process was finished. There was an effort to get this cleared before Congress adjourned early Saturday morning. But it’s now been cleared by both sides for action when the Senate reconvenes.”
Again, no hold.

essentially, the Dems made a big fucking stink about nothing, and the OP went with it because he's a moron.

Last edited:
From what I read the bill had cleared republican hurdles, so what your saying in reality is the dems recessed without action so they could create another strawman for the elections. How commiecrat of them. How's it feel to be a commie propagandast? BTW I am one of the affected disabled vets.

Once I have rep available, you get some.:clap2:

It's offensive to you that I think Vet's aren't incompetent? It's offensive to you that I think they are some of the hardest working, honorable people I know and shouldn't be treated like victims because they chose to sacrifice unimaginable things for their fellow man?

What the hell are you talking about?

We just humor her & say stuff like "thats right dearie" ;)

From another link from YOUR link:

Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) said GOP concerns were about the $1 billion price tag for the program over five years. Republicans described the proposal as a political ploy of no practical value. “If, in fact, we want to help veterans get jobs, there are lots of ways to do it,” Coburn said on the floor before the vote. “We need to make sure the job training programs we have are working, and they’re not.”

“I introduced a substitute amendment because I felt the Democrats’ bill was more focused on their electoral desires than actual real-world outcomes for veterans,” Burr said.

Vet jobs bill fails in Senate; caught in Hill battle - The Washington Post

Coburn was exactly right....if the job training programs we have now aren't working, why put more money into it? Fix the programs first! Why just throw $1 billion at something that probably won't work anyway?

We threw money at the stimulus....we know how well THAT worked!
I believe our troops and vets deserve everything thing they get, in fact they deserve more. But why do it stupidly like the dems want? We need something we know will work!

Thanks for posting that. In many cases, congress members are against a bill simply because it doesn't accomplish what is promised. Many bills have a hidden agenda and lots of added crap, yet because it has "Vets" in the title, people claim those who vote against it are against vets. This is an old trick and it's crazy that some people fall for things without looking into it.

The best thing that can be done for vets is the same thing that is good for everyone. We need people in Washington to make policies that are condusive to a healthy economy and companies confident enough to hire.

I know many vets and they aren't looking to be taken care of like some of Obama's supporters. The assumption of liberals is that everyone needs them and their fucked up programs to survive.

Meet Avatar....

She is quite possibly one of the biggest partisan hacks on this site. It doesn't matter what the issue is she will take the side of whatever the person with the (R) next their name says. It's without fail.

You are wrong on so many levels here:)

The same thing I've been talking about since you began saying that I'm responding with nothing but BS that I am clearly wrong about.

If you don't know what I am talking about, why on earth are you responding to it telling me you think it's ludicrous?

Why is it that its always the GObP/pubpots who are so damn quick to send our people to get the shit kicked out of them (or dead) and always the rw's defend it while refusing to take any responsibility for the consequences?

Read the posts from the rw's. They just don't give a fuck about our own people and what they've been through.

Instead, they just love MitWit because, SOB that he is/was, he actually protested AGAINST those who protested AGAINST the Vietnam war.

What is lower than that?

I'll betcha that the rw's here would have been right beside him.

I hesitate to post that because its just so horribly vile but I'll bet they would.

Meet Avatar....

Prove it. Should be easy to do.

Just post what your beliefs and opinions are.

Meet Avatar....

Name one republican position/policy you disagree with.

Meet Avatar....

Name one republican position/policy you disagree with.

The lack of response is all the answer we needed. Thanks for proving me right.

Forum List

Back