Go Woke, Go Broke strikes again, "First Man," flag free movie fails at box office....

They can always recut it. Just put in the original footage. That would help. I'm not going to see it. I don't know anyone that is.
Broke trailer trash is not Hollywood's target audience.
Oh my an intellectual reply, Nyahh nyahh you are a poop head. Oh oh the superior phrasing and vocabulary.
It's true and that drives you nuts
I don't think you would know the truth if it kicked you in the nuts.
Don't lie and say you were thinking
Thinking it is automatic with me so sorry it is not with you.

That is not revisionist history. By your logic, they could be "re-writing" anything by not showing it. You could claim they're re-writing the Vietnam war by not including it.

What a clueless boob you are. This movie is about the first man to walk on the moon - an American. One of the most iconic images of the 20th century is the American flag on the moon.
This movie is about Neil Armstrong. Not an American propaganda piece. Are you pissed he said "giant leap for mankind" instead of "giant leap for AMERICA" too? Good grief, snowflake. The flag was blow over into the dirt when they took off anyways. Is it "rewriting history" if they had shown that? :rolleyes:

IOW, Get Woke and Go Broke.

The only reason Neil Armstrong is a worthy subject for a movie is because he is the First Man to walk on the Moon...and was an American.
They never denied he was an American

They downplayed the fact that America sent him to the moon.

I saw the movie

They made it clear it was America the whole time.

Yes...insult the one country on the planet that actually has an emotional attachment to the movie you make....and expect the other countries to pick up the tab.......

Box Office Fail: Flag-Free 'First Man' Flops

First Man tanked at the box office, coming in well below expectations, with just a $16.2 million opening weekend.
At worst, the story of Neil Armstrong’s historic trip to the moon was projected to do much better, anywhere between $19 million and $21 million. Keep in mind, though, that those projections are usually downplayed as a means to save face and to inspire free publicity when a film over-performs.

In other words, $16 million is a catastrophe for a movie that probably cost $100 million to $125 million to produce and publicize.

Directed by Oscar-winner Damien Chazelle, First Man roared out of elite film festivals with a ton of buzz and rave reviews. The movie took a big tumble, though, when moviegoers learned that one of the most iconic moments of the last century was arrogantly removed for touchy-feely and oh-so woke globalist purposes.

Libs keep claiming that movies, news outlets ect, are just commercial, and do what they do to make money.

I keep saying liberals betray their professional and ethical responsibilities to their investors, to advance their vile political agenda.

And we see once again, that I am right, and the vile liberals are either stupid or lying, if not both.

Can you imagine how easy it would be to make a movie about the fucking MOON RACE, exciting and enjoyable to see?

But Hollywood couldn't do it.

Can you imagine how easy it would be to make a movie about the fucking MOON RACE, exciting and enjoyable to see?

The movie was not about the moon race
It was about Neil Armstrong based on the book by Neil Armstrong called......First Man

The movie was not about the moon race
It was about Neil Armstrong based on the book by Neil Armstrong called......First Man

And Titanic was a love story. Yet they still got a lot of drama from the setting.

Yes...insult the one country on the planet that actually has an emotional attachment to the movie you make....and expect the other countries to pick up the tab.......

Box Office Fail: Flag-Free 'First Man' Flops

First Man tanked at the box office, coming in well below expectations, with just a $16.2 million opening weekend.
At worst, the story of Neil Armstrong’s historic trip to the moon was projected to do much better, anywhere between $19 million and $21 million. Keep in mind, though, that those projections are usually downplayed as a means to save face and to inspire free publicity when a film over-performs.

In other words, $16 million is a catastrophe for a movie that probably cost $100 million to $125 million to produce and publicize.

Directed by Oscar-winner Damien Chazelle, First Man roared out of elite film festivals with a ton of buzz and rave reviews. The movie took a big tumble, though, when moviegoers learned that one of the most iconic moments of the last century was arrogantly removed for touchy-feely and oh-so woke globalist purposes.
Note that the movie never once insults any country.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I would have to say if it fails to acknowledge the Moon Landing as an American triumph and spins History to portray it as a more global effort then it's not only insulting to all the Americans who worked to make it happen, but it insults the historical record as well.

We went to the Moon as Americans. One of the reasons we've never returned is we've forgotten that fact.
The entire movie is about Americans getting to the moon. Every character is American. You want me to apologize that its not what you consider "American" enough? If I blast it for not being filmed with a red white and blue filter over the camera will you back me up?

As long as it's not filmed in subdued pallete like 'Man of Steel', I'll be happy.

Zack Snyder can burn in Hell.

Forum List

Back