Go to HighSchool - taste a condom!

Moi said:
"He didn't really tell them to just put (condoms) in their mouth," Danfelser said. "What he does, basically, in his classes, depending on the age appropriateness of the class, is to try to get them ... used to condoms and kind of destigmatize them.

"He tells them, if they're comfortable, they can open up the packages, they can touch them, they can stretch them out and those kind of things. And he has told them, if they're the flavored kind, they can go ahead and taste them if they want to. But it's generally to desensitize the whole stigma of 'Oh my God, it's a condom.'"

That is the stupidest, most ignorant thing I have ever heard. And this person works in the education industry. Even if the "lesson" to be learned is a valid, valuable one what teacher has the right to ridicule a student's personal beliefs??!! The supreme court declared that sex and it's trappings were so deeply personal as to be protected by the [imaginary] constitution- but you can make fun of a student for their preferences????

The hypocrisy of this situation is galling.

Kinda makes you think of homeschooling, no? :smoke:

:thup: As I said, that is what we teach, abstinence. Though the kids kinda roll their eyes, you hope the message gets through on some level. Bonnie too I think, is considering teaching in parochial. I'd stay there if we weren't so dismally underpaid.
Moi said:
Kinda makes me want to send him to parochial school.

My 3.5 year old son is in a Montessori school now. He'll go there until he's 6. I chose it because I love the fact that the teachers are multi-cultural, that they have a high student to teacher ratio and that they teach individually as well as by group. I wish I could afford to send him to private school forever, but 3 years of this will bankrupt me as it is.

I just have to hope the foundation I lay as a parent will repel all the garbage school teaches when it comes to personal issues such as drugs, drinking, driving and sex. Well, hope and administer discipline!

Moi said:
My 3.5 year old son is in a Montessori school now. He'll go there until he's 6. I chose it because I love the fact that the teachers are multi-cultural, that they have a high student to teacher ratio and that they teach individually as well as by group. I wish I could afford to send him to private school forever, but 3 years of this will bankrupt me as it is.

I just have to hope the foundation I lay as a parent will repel all the garbage school teaches when it comes to personal issues such as drugs, drinking, driving and sex. Well, hope and administer discipline!

All 3 of mine went to Montessori school through kindergarten! Awesome. Very expensive and worth every penny! All went into first grade reading at least at 3rd grade level. There are Montessori grammar schools, but like 9k per year. :terror:

Kathianne said:
Kinda makes you think of homeschooling, no? :smoke:

No. It makes me think that the voucher system is an even better idea than I orginally thought it was. If schools have to compete for students then teachers who engage in this kind of "instruction" would be out on their asses so fast it would leave friction burns.

Moi said:

The sad thing is it wouldnt bankrupt you if you didnt have to pay higher taxes in order to pay for everyone elses kid to goto school.

• Thanks
Reactions: Moi
insein said:
The sad thing is it wouldnt bankrupt you if you didnt have to pay higher taxes in order to pay for everyone elses kid to goto school.

Merlin1047 said:
No. It makes me think that the voucher system is an even better idea than I orginally thought it was. If schools have to compete for students then teachers who engage in this kind of "instruction" would be out on their asses so fast it would leave friction burns.

To you both: DARN RIGHT!

Wow! Sorry for the late reply on this, but that is completely inappropriate. There are right and wrong ways to teach a sex ed. course and that is the definitely the wrong way. Heck, that wouldn't even be appropriate in college!

brneyedgrl80 said:
Wow! Sorry for the late reply on this, but that is completely inappropriate. There are right and wrong ways to teach a sex ed. course and that is the definitely the wrong way. Heck, that wouldn't even be appropriate in college!

Perhaps a private lesson just you and me browney? You can test out the flavors, lol. I'M JUST TEASING!!(unless your interested)

:slap: Not usually her defender, but I think she is absent! :laugh:

insein said:
Perhaps a private lesson just you and me browney? You can test out the flavors, lol. I'M JUST TEASING!!(unless your interested)

Moi said:
"He didn't really tell them to just put (condoms) in their mouth," Danfelser said. "What he does, basically, in his classes, depending on the age appropriateness of the class, is to try to get them ... used to condoms and kind of destigmatize them.

"He tells them, if they're comfortable, they can open up the packages, they can touch them, they can stretch them out and those kind of things. And he has told them, if they're the flavored kind, they can go ahead and taste them if they want to. But it's generally to desensitize the whole stigma of 'Oh my God, it's a condom.'"

That is the stupidest, most ignorant thing I have ever heard. And this person works in the education industry. Even if the "lesson" to be learned is a valid, valuable one what teacher has the right to ridicule a student's personal beliefs??!! The supreme court declared that sex and it's trappings were so deeply personal as to be protected by the [imaginary] constitution- but you can make fun of a student for their preferences????

The hypocrisy of this situation is galling.

It's time to BUST the teachers' union.

Making teachers take over the instruction of sex is a big fat insult to them to begin with. Not to mention the harmful possibilities for the children.

If the Supreme Court says that sex is so "deeply personal" then sex should not be taught to children by teachers who are not even related to them. I do agree that sex is a personal matter and thus should only be taught to children by their parents.

When the government keeps taking away the responsibilities of the parents it is continually eroding parents' rights. Next stop, communism. :eek:

For some unknown reason, the title of this thread reminds me of a beer commerical: "Tastes great or less filling". ;)

Forum List

Back