go check factcheck.com! ROTFLMAO

spillmind

Sep 1, 2003
Palo Alto, Ca.
and get your facts straight! :laugh:

i'm gonna say what everyone is thinking, but only some will admit:

if cheney is not a truth distorting, pathological LIAR, then what exactly is he?

i doubt cheney is a man with an absent mind.

what i do find possible, is someone who spins things so that the light is always shining the right way on something, even when in your heart you know something is wrong.

and speaking of halliburton, great spin on that one, too, you ol' tricky dick! :rock:

"Now, in my capacity as vice president, I am the president of Senate, the presiding officer. I'm up in the Senate most Tuesdays when they're in session.

The first time I ever met you was when you walked on the stage tonight."

If it wasn't true, why didn't Edwards call him on it?

Additionally, I guess it's feasable that just because they were at that breakfast together doesn't mean they hung-out and talked small talk eh?

It can't be too difficult forgetting the torture of sitting next to a ninny like Edwards anyway.. :p

-Cp said:
"Now, in my capacity as vice president, I am the president of Senate, the presiding officer. I'm up in the Senate most Tuesdays when they're in session.

The first time I ever met you was when you walked on the stage tonight."

If it wasn't true, why didn't Edwards call him on it?

Additionally, I guess it's feasable that just because they were at that breakfast together doesn't mean they hung-out and talked small talk eh?

It can't be too difficult forgetting the torture of sitting next to a ninny like Edwards anyway.. :p

this spin is making even ME dizzy!

'Edwards aides also said the two met when the first-term North Carolina senator accompanied, Elizabeth Dole, to her swearing-in by Cheney in January 2003.'

the guy lies and he can't even tell the difference anymore. YOU can't even tell the difference anymore!

CLEVELAND - Vice President Dick Cheney (news - web sites) said Tuesday that the debate against Democratic Sen. John Edwards (news - web sites) marked the first time the two had met. In fact, the two had met twice previously. [woopdy freakin-do]

AP Photo

"Now, in my capacity as vice president, I am the president of Senate, the presiding officer. I'm up in the Senate most Tuesdays when they're in session. The first time I ever met you was when you walked on the stage tonight," Cheney told Edwards during the debate.

In February 2001, the vice president thanked Edwards by name at a Senate prayer breakfast. Edwards aides also said the two met when the first-term North Carolina senator accompanied, Elizabeth Dole (news - web sites), to her swearing-in by Cheney in January 2003.

Edwards didn't forget. The Democratic vice presidential nominee noted the discrepency at a post-debate rally in a Cleveland park and used it as an example of Cheney "still not being stratight with the American people."

"The vice president said that the first time I met Senator Edawrds was tonight when we walked on the stage. I guess he forgot the time we sat next to each other for a couple hours about three years ago. I guess he forgot the time we met at the swearing in of another senator. So, my wife Elizabeth reminded him on the stage[ :baby: ]," Edwards said as the crowd roared.

According to Edwards staff, Cheney replied, "Oh, yeah."
:rock:

"She reminded him about the truth," Edwards told the crowd, "and come November, we're going to remind him that the American people do not want four more years of George W. Bush."

:gives:
Cheney made the remark in accused Edwards of frequent absences from Senate votes.

Well, hmm, it doesn't appear that there is any refutation at all of Cheney's comment on Edward's participation in the senate, so I'm guessing they don't have anything to go on.

spillmind said:
and get your facts straight! :laugh:

i'm gonna say what everyone is thinking, but only some will admit:

if cheney is not a truth distorting, pathological LIAR, then what exactly is he?

i doubt cheney is a man with an absent mind.

what i do find possible, is someone who spins things so that the light is always shining the right way on something, even when in your heart you know something is wrong.

and speaking of halliburton, great spin on that one, too, you ol' tricky dick! :rock:

If no one else will say it, I will.

Big f***ing deal.

spillmind said:
this spin is making even ME dizzy!

'Edwards aides also said the two met when the first-term North Carolina senator accompanied, Elizabeth Dole, to her swearing-in by Cheney in January 2003.'

the guy lies and he can't even tell the difference anymore. YOU can't even tell the difference anymore!

Speaking of spin, you can spin this as much as you want. It doesn't matter if John Edwards sat on Dick Cheney's lap at that prayer breakfast, when they met each other is beside the point. The point of the whole thing is John Edwards attendance record in the Senate is horrible. In fact, when you take John Edwards and John Kerry and put them together, you're looking at about a 25% attendance record in the Senate. That's three quarters of the time that these two Senators weren't there to do the job the people elected them to do. As far as Cheney remember or not remember Edwards from three years ago, must mean little Johnny didn't make much of an impression.

George Soros appropriated factcheck.com and it now points to his website. I think Cheney might be upset at that.

no1tovote4 said:
George Soros appropriated factcheck.com and it now points to his website. I think Cheney might be upset at that.

MY POINT EXACTLY! the guy distorts reality so much, he sent his supporters to the enemy! should tell you a little something about his 'freudian slip'! :laugh:

not that it matter all that much, but it's hilarious to listen to the bushies posting in reply saying: it doesn't matter what he said, and :gives:

when kerry saying he was actually 25 miles out of cambodia, when he wasn't exactly there was PRACTIALLY TREASON!

i'm not going to jinx anything, because i am sure the bush admin has some kind of slick trick up their sleeve... bush better need a teleprompter on friday for then to have ANY chance!

defending cheney's LIE... to make a point, when he could have just said edwards had a bad attendance... is the PERFECT example of how the man distorts the truth.

*see* it if you like, it's been laid in front of your very eyes. it doesn't get any more OBVIOUS than this.

I find it funny that the libs will point to Cheney's comments here because they have no good defense for Edwards/Kerry's dismal Senate voting records and attendance..

Spill

As if any of your comparisons are even remotely apt. The self-described pivotal moment of a man's life did in fact not actually happen, and that's the same as forgeting you shook a man's hand (one of hundreds that day no doubt) at some breakfast months prior? Beyond the fact that the comment itself was hyperbole to demonstrate a point, which remains true whether or not they bumped into each other over pancakes half a year ago. More over, that's what you chose to single out? Does that mean you concede every other point on which he corrected Sen. Edwards? Or is that, in your mind, just the most important moment of the entire hour and a half debate?

One would think that if you can't remember sitting next to a US senator that you sort of work with on a weekly basis then you wouldn't hammer a guy for not knowing who the widowed wife of Rabin is or isn't. just my two cents

DKSuddeth said:
One would think that if you can't remember sitting next to a US senator that you sort of work with on a weekly basis then you wouldn't hammer a guy for not knowing who the widowed wife of Rabin is or isn't. just my two cents

No, I'd think it's because Edwards wasn't worth remembering... folks who are remarkable typically leave an impression on folks... Edwards is far from remarkable...

DKSuddeth said:

That's just it, he doesn't work with Edwards on a weekly basis because Edwards attendance record is horrible. If indeed Cheney sat next to Edwards for a couple of hours three years ago, he was sitting next to a no name Senator at one of God knows how many breakfasts and luncheons that have taken place in a three year span.

As I said before, it's all beside the point. Edwards attendance record is the point, I don't care if he served Cheney his breakfast that day.

Jimmyeatworld said:
As I said before, it's all beside the point. Edwards attendance record is the point, I don't care if he served Cheney his breakfast that day.
It doesn't matter what Edwards senate record is, Cheney is a liar. :puke3:
It doesn't matter what Kerry did after coming back from Vietnam, Bush went AWOL! :puke3:
It doesn't matter that Kerry voted for the war, Bush sent kids to die. :puke3:
It doesn't matter that Kerry missed how many Intelligence meetings after 9/11, Bush is doing everything wrong. :puke3:
It doesn't matter how sickening Kerry and Edwards both are. Not only are they not fit for the White House, they're not fit to work in an outhouse!

Factcheck.com? I think you mean www.factcheck.org. That site is the real deal and you can tell that they are non-partisan because they call out both Republicans and Democrats. On the other hand, factcheck.com just redirects you to georgesoros.com, and I don't think there's much else I have to say.

Zhukov said:
Spill

As if any of your comparisons are even remotely apt. The self-described pivotal moment of a man's life did in fact not actually happen, and that's the same as forgeting you shook a man's hand (one of hundreds that day no doubt) at some breakfast months prior? Beyond the fact that the comment itself was hyperbole to demonstrate a point, which remains true whether or not they bumped into each other over pancakes half a year ago. More over, that's what you chose to single out? Does that mean you concede every other point on which he corrected Sen. Edwards? Or is that, in your mind, just the most important moment of the entire hour and a half debate?

you call it hyperbole, and i point to it as just a trademark of his- instead of saying 'you have a terrible attendance in the senate', he said: 'this is the first time i had met you, when you walked onto the stage'. it was merely a practical, telling demonstration for those who have the ability to see clearly.

if you can't see a trend in the man's behaviour, you simply aren't looking for it.
or denying it? :dunno:

i don't agree with his points... i do see where he erred, and there is a nice list being compiled as we speak. i will post the false statements and also the points edwards brought up that cheney totally ignored. like tora bora, for example. i'm sure you will eagerly await that post :laugh:

spillmind said:
i will post the false statements and also the points edwards brought up that cheney totally ignored. like tora bora, for example. i'm sure you will eagerly await that post :laugh:

Be sure you do the same for the Senators. Granted that will take more time considering the relative amounts involved, but it's only fair.

Incidentally, if this bit of insignificant unimportant minutae is so telling of VP Cheney, what does the Cambodian story tell you about Sen. Kerry? Be sure to put your answer at the top of your compiled list of inaccuracies.

"I remember Christmas of 1968 sitting on a gunboat in Cambodia. I remember what it was like to be shot at by Vietnamese and Khmer Rouge and Cambodians, and have the president of the United States telling the American people that I was not there; the troops were not in Cambodia. I have that memory which is seared -- seared -- in me."

However seared he was, Kerry's spokesmen now say his memory was faulty.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A27211-2004Aug23.html

Now let's compare that to:

Mrs. Edwards: Ya'know, y'all had waffles together three years ago, dontcha member?

VP Cheney: Geez, you're right I had forgoten all about that. Your husband is so incredibly vapid and such a non-entity he left absolutely no impression on me whatsoever, consequently until you reminded me of it just now, no conscious memory of our encounter remained. I apologize profusely. By the way could you please remind your husband he has work tommorow.

grab a bomb and join Al-Queda... At least then you can be dispatched appropriately...

Zhukov said:
Spill

Zhukov.......I am speechless...WOW :clap1:

New Topics

Forum List

Back