Go Bears!

Most likely the Colts would beat the Bears 7 out of 10 times. maybe 6. But on any given sunday.

AFC trounced the NFC this year, and 2005, and 2004 and 2003.....

It also depends a lot on matchups. SOmetimes some teams are just able to beat a team that is better.

One year, I think 96, the 49ers were on a roll, crushing everyone in their path, including the Chargers in the super bowl, rolling up almost 50 points in that game. Yet during the season, the lowly Eagles of Philadelphia, who were going nowhere, defeated the 49ers soundly 48-10, or something like that.

You never know.

But I do wish I could put some money on the game, I would take odds, not points, and put about $1000.00 on the colts.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but this is Superbowl related and didn't see the need to start a whole new thread.

The NFL Network has been replaying some of the old Superbowls in their entirity. I'm watching Superbowl 23 right now, and I watched the 4th quarter of Superbowl 13 a few nights ago. It was cool to see Staubach play again.

Anyway, they are replaying Superbowl 3 tonight. Jets vs. Colts. Just thought that was cool and put out a heads up for anybody that might be interested but hadn't heard about it.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but this is Superbowl related and didn't see the need to start a whole new thread.

The NFL Network has been replaying some of the old Superbowls in their entirity. I'm watching Superbowl 23 right now, and I watched the 4th quarter of Superbowl 13 a few nights ago. It was cool to see Staubach play again.

Anyway, they are replaying Superbowl 3 tonight. Jets vs. Colts. Just thought that was cool and put out a heads up for anybody that might be interested but hadn't heard about it.
No hijack! I watched this a couple times today:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/69344/super_bowl_shuffle/

http://www.webwaymonsters.com/85bears/shuffle.html

It's Super Bowl Sunday and I think Rex Grossman was out partying like last night was New Years Eve.

Um, Kathianne? At the moment, the Colts have their 11 pt lead and they are getting ready to kick the point after. (4th 11:44 just after the review of the interception runback for a Colts' TD).

Make that a 12 pt lead now that the pt after is good.

But like the saying goes, "it ain't over 'til it's over!"

It's Super Bowl Sunday and I think Rex Grossman was out partying like last night was New Years Eve.

Um, Kathianne? At the moment, the Colts have their 11 pt lead and they are getting ready to kick the point after. (4th 11:44 just after the review of the interception runback for a Colts' TD).

Make that a 12 pt lead now that the pt after is good.

But like the saying goes, "it ain't over 'til it's over!"
I know, but had to leave. I kept screaming at all of them. :sad: I don't take that kind of stress well. The snacks were delicious though!

Let's see. Grossman threw two HUGE picks, and he had some horrendous fumbles. But while the offense problems CAN be laid at his feet, the Bums, er... Bears defense couldn't manage to stop the Colts running back tandem of Addai and Rhodes. THAT was what impressed me about the game.

And again, Devin Hester did his best to keep the dream alive, but one man cannot carry the team, especially when the opponent can prevent him from getting his hands on the ball.

Let's see. Grossman threw two HUGE picks, and he had some horrendous fumbles. But while the offense problems CAN be laid at his feet, the Bums, er... Bears defense couldn't manage to stop the Colts running back tandem of Addai and Rhodes. THAT was what impressed me about the game.

And again, Devin Hester did his best to keep the dream alive, but one man cannot carry the team, especially when the opponent can prevent him from getting his hands on the ball.
Defense just seemed to collapse. No QB protection, it just fell apart. They did have a great season though. We love Lovie!

Defense just seemed to collapse. No QB protection, it just fell apart. They did have a great season though. We love Lovie!

Agreed. And watch out for next year. Now that Rex has had the bitter taste of ALMOST making it, he should come back with a vengeance and an intensity that I think he lacked this year.

Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are both excellent coaches and good men. God bless 'em both!

Bears fans will be howling for a new QB this offseason.

Maybe, but Lovie so far has stuck by him. The fans and reporters have been very tough on Rex. But the team and coach, well heh!

FUnny how the mvp went to Namath, and all the hoopla about him. The Jets DEFENSE won that game, holding the colts to what? 7? The jets only scored about 16 or 19 points? Not exactly an offensive explosion.

Watch the steelers play the Rams in the seventies, the game was fixed, many football games are. The professional gamblers in Vegas tuned me into it.

FUnny how the mvp went to Namath, and all the hoopla about him. The Jets DEFENSE won that game, holding the colts to what? 7? The jets only scored about 16 or 19 points? Not exactly an offensive explosion.

Watch the steelers play the Rams in the seventies, the game was fixed, many football games are. The professional gamblers in Vegas tuned me into it.

Yep. Seven points, and Johnny Unitas had to come off the bench to get them that. Cool to see him actually play too.

One of the funnier moments was comparing how they dealt with an injuried player. Today, they bring the game to a stop and two or three trainers, sometimes from both teams, come running onto the field. On one of the kickoffs in Superbowl 3, a Colt went down. Four teammates grabbed him by the arms and legs and drug him off the field as fast as they could.

Forum List

Back