Go Bears!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Going to go watch, if they win I'll probably watch the second game.

So long as it's a good game, I'm not really rooting for either team.

Now the second game, it's all about the Patriots. I love to dis' the Colts.

So far, so good. The announcers are really for NO though...

Bears are going to the Dance. The Saints just seemed gi lose it around 5-6 mins into last quarter.

Yep, Miami bound. Now who should I root for, Colts or Pats? Can't watch the whole game, too much sitting. Too loud from the dad, son, and friends.

Ok, Bears & Colts in 2 weeks! I must admit, the AFC game was great.

Yep, Miami bound. Now who should I root for, Colts or Pats? Can't watch the whole game, too much sitting. Too loud from the dad, son, and friends.

And wow........Rex completed a couple of passes too! The bears are so gonna get their asses handed to them!

Final score: Colts 34 Bears 13

And wow........Rex completed a couple of passes too! The bears are so gonna get their asses handed to them!

Final score: Colts 34 Bears 13
While that's the common wisdom, (obvious you've just been to Vegas), time will tell. ;)

Projection: Colts 37, Bears 22.

I figure the Bears will find the end zone once, and then it'll be Gould's foot racking up the points. I'm guessing it'll be a close game at the half, but just like they did last week, the Colts will rack up a huge 3Q to take the lead and keep it.

Of course, the Bears won't have the rough turf advantage they had last week, and Indy (Peyton) plays very well with a decent floor under him.

But with my track record this playoff season, I could be ass-backwards.

Is it true that the national sewers authorities ask the citizens to not go in toilets during Superbowl's half time, because the sewers wouldn't be able to support the awesome quantity of water thrown down the toilet ? If 90 millions of people drive out water... Then, it makes a lot of water.

Is it true that the national sewers authorities ask the citizens to not go in toilets during Superbowl's half time, because the sewers wouldn't be able to support the awesome quantity of water thrown down the toilet ? If 90 millions of people drive out water... Then, it makes a lot of water.

LOL! I didn't get the memo!

I've heard that on radio, a very serious radio. So, I suppose it is not a joke.

So, Kathianne, don't drink too much beers before Chicago's victory :D

LOL! I don't drink beer! It's a joke PE, we can relieve ourselves during the breaks.

Go Bears!!!

dabearsprayergk9.jpg

http://westanddivided.blogspot.com/2007/01/da-bears-song-in-prose.html

Links to very weird stuff. At the end, link to second post:

Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Da Bears Song in Prose
Being a Ghost Story of the Superbowl.
Stave 1
[with apologies to Charles Dickens]
I have not posted for a few days. I should be focused on covering every detail of the titanic constitutional struggle unfolding between the legislative and executive branch over the war. But I cannot. The truth is - I cannot focus, I cannot concentrate, I cannot think. I have barely slept the last three days. My mind keeps replaying what I have seen. I have spoken of this with no one. But if I do not tell someone I will go insane. Perhaps I already am. No matter, I decided I will write down what has transpired and post it on my blog. Perhaps then I will get some peace. I don’t expect anyone to believe this, I barely believe it myself. But I know what I saw.

It started last Friday. I flew to Chicago for some family business, landing at Midway, and stayed at my brother’s house. I got in late. The Southwest flight landed at midnight. I grabbed a Chicago-style hotdog with the works [Poppy seed bun, all-beef dog with the thick skin that pops when you bite it, a kosher half-sour pickle spear, wedges of tomato the length of the bun, primary yellow mustard – not brown, no speckles, just yellow mustard, nuclear fluorescent green relish, six small green hot sport peppers, and celery salt sprinkled over it all] from the 24 hour food stand in the terminal, and inhaled it on the way down to baggage claim. I always have a hot dog within five minutes of landing in Chicago. I should have taken my time. The baggage handlers were on strike, or the union was taking a break, or the Chicago Southwest Airline baggage claim is incompetent, but it took two hours before my bags spilled onto the carousel.

I was not in a good mood. This was the “tweener” weekend. The Bears beat New Orleans the previous week and punched their ticket to the Superbowl. The Superbowl was yet another week away. The mindless euphoria in the city added to my irritation. It permeated the airport, the streets, the radio, TV and seemed to be in the very air I was breathing. It was inescapable. Everyone was wearing Bear hats, Bear sweaters, Bear scarves, Bear buttons. The Bears were on the cover of every newspaper and magazine in every rack. They were on every radio station and every commercial on TV. From the cab I saw one billboard that said “All Bears All the Time”. That said it all. “Bah! – Bullshit!” I said out loud, startling the driver. If I see one more smiling Bear-bedecked fool give me the thumbs-up and saying “Duh Bears.”, I swear I am going to hit them. My head rolled back in the seat of the cab and I closed my eyes. What is wrong with these idiots. The Bears cannot beat Indy. Peyton will chew ‘em up and spit them out. He is exactly the kind of quarterback in exactly the kind of offense the Bears can’t handle. “What blind fools they are!” I practically spit the words out. Young quarterbacks folding in the Superbowl is as reliable as the sun setting in the west. Brady was the exception that proves the rule. Grossman has no chance....

conclusion, 'would be nice!':

I saw the scoreboard in Miami at the end of the game.

Chicago Bears 41
Indianapolis Colts 13

Indianapolis over Chicago, by at least 11 points.

The two main factors in the game: Indianapolis' defense, and Chicago's offense. If either leaves their "A" game at home, their team will lose.

Indianapolis over Chicago, by at least 11 points.

The two main factors in the game: Indianapolis' defense, and Chicago's offense. If either leaves their "A" game at home, their team will lose.

Arrrggg! Gnashing of teeth. Do NOT rain on my parade, plenty of time for that Monday! :rofl: :rofl:

Forum List

Back