Go Back In Time to Witness ONE Historical Event...

What Us historical event would you like to have witnessed?

• Gettysburg Address

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signing of Declaration of Indepencence

• Wright Brothers Flight

• Woodstock

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A Presidential Inauguration

• Other (no disasters/tragedies.. next poll....)

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters
... which would it be?

I think the signing of the U.S. Constitution would qualify.

Though, I would probably enjoy a Beatles concert more.
for sure.wish i was alive back then to see it when they came on ed sullivan.have been fortunate enough to talk with people in real life who got to witness it and hear it from them secondhand though which is the next best thing.

The formation of the first living cell 3.5 billion years ago, then the diversification into complex life during The Cambrian Explosion.. After that the moment of the Big Bang. And sitting in during Lee's surrender to Grant would be good to see.

Julius Caesar at Alesia, and crossing the Rubicon.

A John Ball speech.

Battle of Verdun.

Waterloo.

Charles Martel's routing of the Muslim army at Tours.

Meeting Thomas of Aquina when he had his epiphany re his works near the end of his life.

Nelson at Trafalgar.

A Viking trading journey from Norway to Constantinople via the Russian river network.

Like, zillions of other stuff, dude ...

I wont to see the creation of the universe. That's probably the most epic historical event ever happened.

I would have loved to witness a Roman Triumph.

The Torah was dictated to Moshe during the 38 years in the desert. The 10 Commandments, are a summary of the Torah. But you are correct in the strictest terms.
Parts of the Torah existed as oral tradition, but the actual book wasn't compiled until the Captivity. It borrows from Babylonian mythology, e.g. The Great Flood, and contains events like Moses' death that occurred after the period in the desert.

I would like to have witnessed the birth of USMB

It must have been something to see

Forum List

Back