Gmat

Jon

The CPA
Mar 20, 2008
Fayetteville, AR
As many of you know, I'm currently working towards my second bachelor's degree, and when I finish, I plan to go for my Master of Accountancy degree. Today, I took the Graduate Management Admissions Test, which determines if you get in and how much financial aid you qualify for. I wasn't worried about getting in, but I wanted to score well so that I could get a good assistantship and not have to pay anything.

For those unfamiliar with the GMAT, it is scored out of 800. Anything over 630 is considered "competitive." The University of Arkansas requires a 500 for acceptance. So, let's see how Jonny boy did...

Attachments

• $001.JPG
    $001.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 83
As many of you know, I'm currently working towards my second bachelor's degree, and when I finish, I plan to go for my Master of Accountancy degree. Today, I took the Graduate Management Admissions Test, which determines if you get in and how much financial aid you qualify for. I wasn't worried about getting in, but I wanted to score well so that I could get a good assistantship and not have to pay anything.

For those unfamiliar with the GMAT, it is scored out of 800. Anything over 630 is considered "competitive." The University of Arkansas requires a 500 for acceptance. So, let's see how Jonny boy did...

<sigh> I can't make out the numbers, even with the bloody reading glasses.

He scored..

He scored..

Bastard! ;)

Nice job, J.

Thanks guys.

Just got a comment from one of my professors on Facebook who is on the admission committee for the Masters program. "Congratulations! Looks like an assistantship is likely (but not making any promises)."

It's an awesome day.

Thanks guys.

Just got a comment from one of my professors on Facebook who is on the admission committee for the Masters program. "Congratulations! Looks like an assistantship is likely (but not making any promises)."

It's an awesome day.

Bet that is a hard day to come down from! I'd be in the clouds. Congratulations!

I scored in the top 5% in math and the top 1% of verbal in the GMATS.

FYI I was a History and Lit major as an undergrad

Dropped out of the MBA program I was in, despite those scores.

Hated it.

More than the program itself, I looked around at the yuppies (they hadn't been called that yet, but that's what they were) and realized I didn't want to work with that kind of person for the rest of my life.

Should have gone in the law, instead.

Next life, I guess.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back