Gmail Drive ;>)

D

DFresh

This is one of best programs I've seen in a while. Gmail drive allows you to use your gmail account as a virtual drive in windows exployer. Everytime you put a file in the virtual dirve (10mb limit) gmail drive send an e-mail to your account essentially uploading that file (sweet!!!). enjoy....it's totally free.

http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm

Just installed this. Tiny download with very small footprint on your computer. It automatically created the Gmail drive in 'My Computer' and I had no issues transferring a few files over. Nice little utility!!

Many uses. For one, if I wanted to shared pictures, music of and other type of file I could give who ever I want access to a mail account and transfer files that way. In future versions of the software I'm sure they will break up large files into small pieces before uploading so that the 10mb limit is not a problem. Google may have there hands full once this gets around.

DFresh said:
Many uses. For one, if I wanted to shared pictures, music of and other type of file I could give who ever I want access to a mail account and transfer files that way. In future versions of the software I'm sure they will break up large files into small pieces before uploading so that the 10mb limit is not a problem. Google may have there hands full once this gets around.
i c, kind of "dirty" file sharing system.
cause in general i would think the idea is to save data from the email server into local drive and if one wants to send some stuff out, then there is always "attach" cmd.

Forum List

Back