GM: we're Putting YOUR money where our stupid ideas are

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Having Obama run GM provides all the proof you'll ever need that Government should never be allowed to run ANYTHING! This is why we were supposed to have a limited Government. The Founders knew this and the NeoMarxists running the show are giving theAmerican people a painful lesson in why this was so.

First, the new GM Chairman Whiteacre admits he's a clueless rube and then you're supposed to have faith that he has the first clue as to how to run a car company.

But don't worry, if you buy a GM product and don't like it you can return it for a full refund in 60 days!

See, they're putting taxpayer money where their stupid fucking ideas are!

GM to offer money-back guarantee - Autos- msnbc.com

GM should've gone bankrupt to make way for better, more innovative automobile companies. Instead, the government intervened and bailed them out with taxpayer money. I say everyone should buy a GM car and return them for a full refund before the 60 days is up. Maybe they'll get the message this time.

GM should've gone bankrupt to make way for better, more innovative automobile companies. Instead, the government intervened and bailed them out with taxpayer money. I say everyone should buy a GM car and return them for a full refund before the 60 days is up. Maybe they'll get the message this time.

That would make sense in a world of free and fair competition. That's not the case, however. Expecting domestic firms to exist without subsidy while other nations heavily subsided their automakers is beyond realistic.

Nearly every merchant or product these days provides a money back guarantee.

Why should cars be any different?

my personal fave
This Agreement does not apply to and will not provide payment if:

You die.

That's beautiful isn't it? I also like...

You must be an individual natural person who is the title owner of the Eligible Vehicle. Businesses, corporations and partnerships do not qualify.

I understand the "individual" bit, but what is a "natural person"?

That would make sense in a world of free and fair competition. That's not the case, however. Expecting domestic firms to exist without subsidy while other nations heavily subsided their automakers is beyond realistic.
As all subsidies are net drains on the economy, would it not make more sense to purchase those automobiles that are most heavily subsidized by other countries? Thanks to the heavy subsidies, they will be heavily discounted (due to over-supply), and so our economy would reap all the benefits of cheap cars, and avoid all the pain involved with subsidies.

Or: if everyone else is jumping off a bridge, should you?

The Neo Libs love the government taking over private business and industry

The Neo Cons Hate the govt taking over private business and industry

The regular folk scratch their head and go "Why am I paying GM's salaries out of my tax dollars for, let em fail if they cant hang!!!!"

well, disregarding the political aspect of this and looking at it from a marketing standpoint...

I have done this promotion with Walking Shoes...

"Take a 30 Day Walk Test" on us, if the shoes are not the most comfortable shoes you've worn, then you can return them after 30 days of wearing them for a full refund.

Know that with shoes being worn, there is no way to resell them to someone else, even at a discount price. Perhaps at a flea market, but as a Department Store that had a name to protect and a product line to protect, you did not want to see product you carry in abundance at the flee market.

The promotion was a bomb...it generated maybe 5% more in sales than normal, but did NOT BRING IN customers in herds... the promotion itself...the advertising, did not bring people in to buy the product...the slight increase in sales came from the direct traffic in the dept and the quality salesmanship of the associate on the Shoe sales floor.

Out of all of the shoes I sold from this vendor in the 30 days that the event lasted, if memory serves about a thousand pairs sold in total where I would have sold 950 without the promotional event, I think 2 of them came back...the vendor of the product split the loss of the 2 pairs with me, as a partner in the promotion.

i actually lost money on this type of promotion because of what it cost me in advertising the event!

sigh....why management did not learn from their cash for clunkers event, is beyond me!

the true reason why cash for clunkers worked in this economy and credit market, is because the 4500 ended up being the 10% or 20% down payment on their new car, making it easier to get, the very hard to get financing in today's financial market. (unless your credit rating is perfect)

they more than likely, would have been better off with a $2000 bucks for whatever you can drag in for trade, promotion, with $2000 added to the value of your decent trade as well....

some have said cash for clunkers will make used cars go up, so the resale of these used car trades should go up and they may not take the FULL $2000 as a hit....

they could also save in huge advertising costs in relation to sales, if they narrowly focus their ads on promotions that generate huge sales... instead of WASTING this huge amount of money on a ''test drive'' depreciation event that really is no incentive at all to make a purchase.

New Topics

Forum List

Back