GM to take No. 1 sales spot from Toyota

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
General Motors is almost certain to claim the title of world's biggest automaker this year, retaking the top spot from Toyota, which has been hurt by production problems since the Japanese earthquake and still can't escape the shadow of major safety recalls.

The No. 1 title, a morale booster for the winner's employees and managers, would cap GM's remarkable comeback from bankruptcy.

GM's sales are up, mainly in China and the U.S, the world's top two markets. Its cars are better than in the past, especially small ones.

The Associated Press: GM likely to retake No. 1 sales spot from Toyota

I think GM should give up some Net ( if they really have any which I don't think they do) to Toyota and a nice fat check from uncle sam for fucking them last year.

Ohh and just wondering, are those GM car sales in Chins from GM cars made in China?

I believe they are.

from last year-

GM makes vehicles in China through two ventures, both of which are backed by SAIC Motor Corp. Reilly said he wouldn’t comment on the possibility of Chinese automakers buying GM brands.

GM

Yes, I think so. any net sales profit helps them insert laughter here_______ pay us back.

the question is; what happens when they, start building and selling here?

Last edited:
You mean building there and selling here?

yes. however, I don't believe they will build here on anywhere near the same scale, they don't have to the tariff agreements we have worked out with them now is very favorable to them, they want to manufacture there and ship here, they may build a token plant here but thats where we have to put the smack down and tell them, no.

Forum List

Back