GM suspends Volt production again

Is it now? The Ford C-Max Hybrid get 47 town, 47 highway, at $25K. And the present plan is for a plug in version next year. Again, that makes the real cost of a home solar system payback time far lower as you are not only powering your home, but also part of your transportation costs. And last I saw, the government had no part in financing the manufacture of the C-Max.

Not just manufacture.. but the tax incentives etc.. which is bullshit that taxpayers fork over anything to incentivize a product

Then again, we have had more powerful diesel cars that already get as good or better mileage... but libs don't like that (so see, not really about the MPG)

And lest we forget the pollution and waste involved in using commercial power to 'recharge'... the pollution of the battery manufacturing.. etc..

This is about nothing more than an agenda put forth by people who have the wool pulled over their eyes

Hmmm......... A problem with reading comprehension?

not at all....since Obama's solar panels failed......i'm guessing he's going for windmills.....

Red_car_with_windmill_extended.13802708_std.jpg

Fucking dumb!!!

Lucintel

Lucintel’s Analysis of Global Solar Photovoltaic Market: Market to Reach US $105 Billion by the End of 2016
. .Lucintel logo

Irving, TX (PRWEB) July 18, 2012

In calendar year 2010, total worldwide solar photovoltaic (PV) system installations topped 16,568 MW with a value of US $75 billion. The market is anticipated to grow to 33,600 MW in 2016 with a 14% CAGR over the next five years. The cumulative installation is expected to reach 190,800 MW by the end of 2016, with a value of approximately US $105 billion representing a CAGR of 28% during 2011–2016.

The solar industry is doing very well, with an expansion rate that most industries envy. But, like any rapidly evolving technology, some players will fail as they fail to keep up with the technology, or bet on the wrong technology. Just think back to the early days of computers.

dumb is right.....! Obama thinks he can convert into a whole new industry by limiting the old one first....raising prices to force the conversion....that's dumb...

i am all for developing solar energy but it just is not feasible for most drivers at this point....

Last edited:
The Volt is a well made car which, thanks to the propaganda of the Republican party..has gotten a great deal of bad press. One car..caught fire after rigorous government tests..and Republicans had a field day with it.

The other electric cars..like the Leaf..are doing much better.

Good job Republicans.

Buy Japanese!

So you didn't fall for the propaganda, did you? When did you buy your VOLT?

The Volt was NOT a well made car, does not appeal to what most Americans want in a vehicle, and is impractical as hell.. and if it were not for the US government using tax dollars to incentivize the piece of shit, even less would have been sold

Not "impractical" at all.

The Volt gets glowing reviews from several car mags..

2011 Chevrolet Volt Full Test - Road Test - Car Reviews - Car and Driver
2012 Chevrolet Volt Chevrolet Volt Car Buying Guide at CARandDRIVER.com- 2012 Chevrolet
2012 Chevrolet Volt Reviews, Pictures and Prices | U.S. News Best Cars
http://autos.aol.com/cars-Chevrolet-Volt-2013/expert-review/

It's an impressive example of American Engineering.

The Volt is a status symbol that is just not practical for the majority. It has a narrow niche market. The last crash test ratings were for 2012, and the Volt was merely "good". Which isn't good enough for people to drive around with their children in the car. Even if, stretching it, even if someone who fit into that narrow demographic of living in a house with a charging station, did not have to drive very far, the Volt would be no more than a second car with a primary car still necessary to actually do things, like take three kids and a load of sports equipment to practice.

The Volt was NOT a well made car, does not appeal to what most Americans want in a vehicle, and is impractical as hell.. and if it were not for the US government using tax dollars to incentivize the piece of shit, even less would have been sold

2012 Chevrolet Volt Chevrolet Volt Car Buying Guide at CARandDRIVER.com- 2012 Chevrolet
2013 Chevrolet Volt Reviews, Expert Car Reviews on AOL Autos

It's an impressive example of American Engineering
That catches on fire??????

As impractical as the Volt is, the Leaf is even worse. When it runs out of a charge it has to be towed.

http://autos.aol.com/cars-Chevrolet-Volt-2013/expert-review/

So what year is your VOLT?

So what year is your VOLT?

Eh?

I bought a used car. From 2008. That's what I could afford.

Basically..if I can't pay for the whole thing..I don't buy it.

The only time I bought something "on time" was when I opened a business and bought apartments.

It's an impressive example of American Engineering
That catches on fire??????

One car caught fire.

Basically..it's safer then most gas powered cars.

Impractical for a lot of every day folks, yes.... it is not a road trip or vacation vehicle... it is not something to use for anything more than short commutes where you can go home and charge... it is also impractical in manufacturing, and would also be much higher in price if not incentivized by government thru taxation or tax breaks (at taxpayer expense)

It is a step forward in engineering.. impressive?? Not really... overhyped is more like it

Eh?

I bought a used car. From 2008. That's what I could afford.

Basically..if I can't pay for the whole thing..I don't buy it.

The only time I bought something "on time" was when I opened a business and bought apartments.

So you aren't supporting GM or the VOLT.

Forum List

Back