GM is becoming China Motors

First of all, it is you are, therefore you're. Not your. That version is reserved for ownership. I realize that navigating the english language is as difficult as basic economics, but you should at least try to learn one of the two properly.

Second, what part of tax dollar bail outs for a failed business that is now reaping profits in CHina, without paying back their debt to taxpayers, can you not grasp? I realize this question requires more critical thinking than basic grammar, so if you don't understand, I understand. But please, if that is the case STFU and listen instead of frothing at the mouth like a mental patient.

I don't know about anyone else, but I want GM to make a profit. It's how the taxpayers will get their money back. They can't make a profit if they aren't competing globally. All the major car manufacturers make cars IN China.

So do you want all companies to make a profit? So, you like the idea of millions of jobs leaving America for bigger profits?

They aren't leaving here. They are STILL making cars here. To compete they MUST make cars in China.

I don't know about anyone else, but I want GM to make a profit. It's how the taxpayers will get their money back. They can't make a profit if they aren't competing globally. All the major car manufacturers make cars IN China.

So do you want all companies to make a profit? So, you like the idea of millions of jobs leaving America for bigger profits?

They aren't leaving here. They are STILL making cars here. To compete they MUST make cars in China.

Every year, more GM cars are being made overseas and are being imported to the US.

But you want them to have NO resposibility to our governement you idiot.

So why are you complaining about what they do?

Dear right wing IDIOTS.

You are for the coprs doing anything they want to do without the government having any say.

That means you cant complain about ANYTHING they do.

Its your own philosophy you clowns

The bottom line is that the Chinese don't compete fairly and we are giving them the means to produce our products as well as we do, at a lower cost. They put significant tariffs on our manufactured goods and then offer to allow our manufacturers to produce goods there if we transfer the technology to a joint venture arrangement with a Chinese company. This is fair trade?

Below is an interesting perspective:

"Snip"[GM] is building Cadillac factories in China instead of exporting Cadillacs from the United States to China. Why?

The reason is simple. Manufacturers know that, under the current system, they can produce in China and sell to the United States, but they will not be allowed to produce in the United States and sell to China -- all because the Obama administration does not have the intelligence or will to invoke the WTO rule for trade-deficit countries invoked by President Nixon on August 15, 1971, when he imposed an across-the-board 10% tariff which balanced U.S. trade by 1973.

If President Obama invoked Nixon's WTO rule, he could demand trade reciprocity (we buy your products; you buy ours). He could impose a trade-balancing scaled tariff upon imports from all the countries with which the U.S. has a trade deficit. Such a tariff would go up when the U.S. trade deficit with a country goes up, go down when it goes down, and disappear when trade with that country approaches balance.

Then GM would be able to produce its Cadillacs and Volts in America and export them to China. It could preserve its inventions for its own use, instead of having to give them to its Chinese competitor. Not only that, but with increased manufacturing investment, the U.S. economy could start growing rapidly again./Snip

Snip: The following statement on his website summarizes Romney's current trade position regarding China:

China presents a broad set of problems that cry out urgently for solutions. It is time to end the Obama administration's acquiescence to the one-way arrangements the Chinese have come to enjoy. We need a fresh and fearless approach to that trade relationship. Our first priority must be to put on the table all unilateral actions within our power to ensure that the Chinese adhere to existing agreements. Anyone with business experience knows that you can succeed in a negotiation only if you are willing to walk away. If we want the Chinese to play by the rules, we must be willing to say "no more" to a relationship that too often benefits them and harms us.

Under President Obama, our trade relationship with China has deteriorated steadily. American manufacturers know that, with Obama as president, they can produce in China and sell to the United States, but they will not be allowed to produce in the United States and sell to China. Romney will demand at least some reciprocity from China. He could not do worse than Obama./Snip

Articles: Here Comes the Made-in-China Cadillac

Maybe we need a businessman in the White House.

New Topics

Forum List

Back