GM is again the world's largest automaker

GM could have accomplished all of this without our tax dollars. Companies do it every day. All Obama achieved was closing republican owned dealerships and STOLE the money from the share holders and gave it to his union buddies.

When the mob did things like this it was considered a crime.

Funny how times have changed.

GM could have accomplished all of this without our tax dollars. Companies do it every day. All Obama achieved was closing republican owned dealerships and STOLE the money from the share holders and gave it to his union buddies.

When the mob did things like this it was considered a crime.

Funny how times have changed.

You are living in a fantasy world.

Obama took a lot of heat for saving GM. Today, I think a lot of Americans are proud that America is once again home of the world's largest automaker. GM is well on it's way to paying back the government. If the recent trend in GM stock holds, the government may actually make a profit.

Less than two years after emerging from bankruptcy,General Motors Co.has regained the title of the world's largest automaker.

GM's worldwide sales rose 7.6% to 9 million vehicles in 2011. The Detroit manufacturer last held the top spot in 2007 before it was surpassed byToyota Motor Corp.the next year.

Chevrolet, GM's flagship brand, set a record by selling nearly 4.8 million vehicles. That was more than what many entire auto companies posted in sales last year, including Nissan and Honda.

GM has repaid $24.1 billion of the $49.5 billion in federal government aid it received. The repayments include the proceeds from the automaker's public stock offering. The government's holdings in the company's stock are worth about $10 billion based on Thursday's closing share price of $24.82.

GM is again the world's largest automaker - latimes.com

Nice try.

GM is only on top because of an alliance with a Chinese automaker. They really haven't recaptured their market share.

We are never going to see that money back.

I crack up every time I hear the Obamabots spout, Obama SAVED the AUTO industry..

How do all you little peons out there feel about him giving your monies to save his Union donors jobs?

the rest of ya can go to hell

I crack up every time I hear the Obamabots spout, Obama SAVED the AUTO industry..

How do all you little peons out there feel about him giving your monies to save his Union donors jobs?

I'm glad we saved some jobs. I don't have a problem with that part of it, necessisarily.

My problem is that it was a bailout without pre-conditions to make the company more competitive. Wagoneer took his 12 million dollars and left, but most of the jokers who helped him slam it into the wall are still there. Still trying to make those big expensive cars that are profitable but no one really wants to buy with gas at $3.50 a gallon.

Actually, President bush is the one who took the initial steps to save the auto industry. He gave the first bailout to them in 2008 with provisions to continue bail outs....Obama followed thru when he took office.

I'm on board with the government doing what it has to save as many good paying jobs (union or otherwise) as it can.

And if you don't like it, that's too bad.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back