GM finally seals its doom (pic)

They will go up to 35 miles between charges, so for someone like a college student or a person who lives in the city and drives less than 30 miles a day, something like this would be ideal. Low parking fees, no gas, and stores easily.

Not a bad idea actually. Something like this would also sell pretty good in Europe.

Only to the total twat market.

Yo.....TB......what if the center of a city like Seattle installed these vehicles as mass transportation? They've already got smart cars in Europe that are capable of driving to anywhere you want without you having to steer.

Now......put that on a power grid system like what they have for the trolley cars of San Francisco, and now you've got a really workable mass transit system, which would cut down DRASTICALLY on things like pollution as well as overcrowded parking lots.

Still think it's a twat kind of vehicle? If so, you're dumber than I thought.

I don't think GM is that innovative :tongue: , my guess is that GM must have stolen it from Toyota:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IT7qK1hrro&feature=related]YouTube - Toyota I-Real Top Gear[/ame]

Yo.....TB......what if the center of a city like Seattle installed these vehicles as mass transportation? They've already got smart cars in Europe that are capable of driving to anywhere you want without you having to steer.

Now......put that on a power grid system like what they have for the trolley cars of San Francisco, and now you've got a really workable mass transit system, which would cut down DRASTICALLY on things like pollution as well as overcrowded parking lots.

I hadn't realized that this vehicle was to be used in the manner you describe. If that's the case and the technology is there to make it feasible (and affordable), then yes I think that might be a good idea.

I'm sorry to hear you already thought I was dumb.

My guess is that this is the future (from 1963) :tongue: , funny car:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJfSS0ZXYdo]YouTube - Jeremy drives the smallest car in the world at the BBC - Top Gear - autos[/ame]

Last edited:

I hadn't realized that this vehicle was to be used in the manner you describe. If that's the case and the technology is there to make it feasible (and affordable), then yes I think that might be a good idea.

I'm sorry to hear you already thought I was dumb.

Only called you dumb because you just looked at the initial vehicle without bothering to look at all the possibilities that it brings.

And......it's not that it was designed to do it, but the applications are already available right now as off the shelf parts.

I kinda think the vehicle is cool. Besides.....looks better than a golf cart. Speaking of which.....Obama said that the patrol vehicles for the White House were going to be replaced with golf carts.

I think these would work much better. Probably cheaper too!

These buggies wouldn't be practical in cold and wet weather. Also, if these things are in regular car traffic, I'd think they'd get hit because they would be harder to see. Some people might even door the suckers! They're still gay looking.

The market gets to decide if this is a good idea or not. What's the top speed? In this part of the world if you can't do at least 40 you are relegated to bike paths. Where I work most of my co-workers have more than a 35 mile commute one way.

They will go up to 35 miles between charges, so for someone like a college student or a person who lives in the city and drives less than 30 miles a day, something like this would be ideal. Low parking fees, no gas, and stores easily.

Not a bad idea actually. Something like this would also sell pretty good in Europe.

I agree the first rational response to this thread!

exactly, there could be a market for this

Exactly, say you life in a big city like Chicago, NY, LA etc. This could get you around without the hassle or congestion of the subway or the expense of a car or the expense of a taxi!

exactly, there could be a market for this

Exactly, say you life in a big city like Chicago, NY, LA etc. This could get you around without the hassle or congestion of the subway or the expense of a car or the expense of a taxi!
LA, maybe, NY or Chicago, maybe part of the year

Except for one thing. LA is roughly 20 to 25 miles across. And if you don't get on the expressway That thrity five mile range will be extremely unlikely and if you do you are suicidal.

Hi ItsFairmont:

GM finally seals its doom (pic) . . . You don't need a link.

You do not need a link or picture to figure out that GM is definitely DOOMED, because the U.S. Consumer Base is IMPLODING (story) right before our very eyes. We are looking at record "Outsourcing" of JOBS (story and story) and the importation of Foreign Nationals (legal and illegal) to 'displace' U.S. workers from JOBS, (story) which is leading to 700,000 people standing in the unemployment line every month (story) 'and' 10,000 new foreclosures EVERY DAY (story). General Motors can do everything right and still collapse in utter failure, because distressed U.S. workers cannot afford to make their house payments; much less go out and buy a new car off the showroom floor.

All of the idiots advocating Comprehensive Amnesty for Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals (like Kenyan-born Obama) are supporting the destruction of the U.S. Consumer Base that removes U.S. workers from your list of potential customers; which means General Motors and Ford have fewer opportunities to unload their high-priced cars and trucks. "Four More Years" of failed Bushenomics by Senor Obama will guarantee that General Motors goes into bankruptcy under the weight of having no Consumer Support, as U.S. workers continue to struggle under lower and lower 'wages' for fewer and fewer JOBS that Congress is doing NOTHING to protect :)cuckoo:).

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
GM is fucked because of shitty business decisions by it's CEO's over the past 10-20 years.

They were in bed with big oil, and had the government supporting them, so they didn't really worry about product development and improvement. Meanwhile.....Toyota, Honda and BMW were working their asses off to improve their products, and now? We've got the current mess we have.

A failed business because of the idiocy in the White House from 2004 - 2008.

GM is fucked because of shitty business decisions by it's CEO's over the past 10-20 years.

Sadly I have to agree. GM could go on "surviving" if there were no major economic crisis but this crisis has essentially removed the baid-aid's from GM to uncover all the debt they've been avoiding and had hidden from public view.

As for the wheelchair car/segway... there are already plenty of Scooters out there that are cheaper, have better range, and similar speeds. Sure they don't have a ceiling but adjustments can be made.

Forum List

Back