GM designing & building electric cars in China.

Tell me about any multinational corporation that holds patriotism as a high standard in America?

They will all do whatever they can to make the most profit and get the most govt money.

Coke? Pepsi?

Surely not Google. I agree with you there. :D

Chinas car market is growing at a unprecedented rate. Makes sense to grab a share of this market ASAP. Welcome to capitalism 101 Republicans. now enjoy!

Don't forget a private company getting buddy buddy with the government and the 2 entities exchanging enormous dollar figures, that the public will see none of, welcome to fascism 101.

Chinas car market is growing at a unprecedented rate. Makes sense to grab a share of this market ASAP. Welcome to capitalism 101 Republicans. now enjoy!

Sounds more like the Unions burning the candles at both ends again. Was Stimulus Money used here? That would be my only concern. :)

Did I hear that GM gave all of their hourly employees $5,000 bonuses?

If only American workers could learn to work as cheaply as the Chinese.

"Preosperity Through Lower Wages!"

OR....they could simply be unemployed. Let the unions decide. Do you REALLY think those big fat union bosses give a rat's ass? Where will THEY be when ALL of the jobs are gone overseas?

Unions outside of govt jobs are a single digit percentage of members in the workforce.

You are beating a dead horse.

If only American workers could learn to work as cheaply as the Chinese.

"Preosperity Through Lower Wages!"

OR....they could simply be unemployed. Let the unions decide. Do you REALLY think those big fat union bosses give a rat's ass? Where will THEY be when ALL of the jobs are gone overseas?

Unions outside of govt jobs are a single digit percentage of members in the workforce.

The Million Doller Question is "What Percentage of Government Worker's are represented by Union's?" Thanks for Playing.

Sounds more like the Unions burning the candles at both ends again.

sounds more like a major car manufacturing corporation trying to make a more robust bottom line. Its called capitalism.

Its actually a smart move on GM's part.

I'm sure the Chinese workers aren't unionized.

Imagine. Producing cars without the UAW.

.....Probably, because....China isn't loaded with a herd o' Christian Teabaggers (who think anti-petroleum = anti-Christ).

handjob.gif

The Million Doller Question is "What Percentage of Government Worker's are represented by Union's?" Thanks for Playing.
And that has what to do with this thread?
Are we going to offshore our schools?

sounds more like a major car manufacturing corporation trying to make a more robust bottom line. Its called capitalism.

Actualy, whereas it is capitalism, it is by no means business as normal.
There are many automobile makers that were not suffering fiuancnailly that would have jumped into that market if it were deemed a viable investment.

Yet, it seems the one that required a government bailout is the only one.

So the question is....why did Ford not go for it? Nissan? Toyota?

Seems to me this could be another tax payer investment into a green idea that is not ready for prime time.

And that has what to do with this thread?
Are we going to offshore our schools?

It is a direct response to your false assertion.

Here is another.

The Million Dollar Question is "What percentage of US Auto Worker's are represented by Unions?"

Actualy, whereas it is capitalism, it is by no means business as normal.
There are many automobile makers that were not suffering fiuancnailly that would have jumped into that market if it were deemed a viable investment.

Yet, it seems the one that required a government bailout is the only one.

So the question is....why did Ford not go for it? Nissan? Toyota?

Seems to me this could be another tax payer investment into a green idea that is not ready for prime time.

ford is not in China?

John Deere is.
And Farm aid is what made Deere what it is today.

Its actually a smart move on GM's part.

I'm sure the Chinese workers aren't unionized.

Imagine. Producing cars without the UAW.
Ah, yes.....the Good Ol' Days.....​

"In 1931, Ford employed an ex-boxer and "tough guy" named Harry Bennett to head up his security division or Service Department as it was euphemistically called.

Eventually Bennett had the largest private army of thugs, hoodlums and ex-convicts in the world. Ford deferred to him in EVEYTHING. He ran the Ford Motor Company with an iron fist. Hitler's Gestapo was modeled after the Ford Service Department, with its army of ruffians and thugs."

Forum List

Back