GM CEO gets $23 million pension.

Where the hell are they getting the money? The company has been in debt and loosing money for years...

How is it the board has 23 million to give away? :eusa_think:

-Joe

Where the hell are they getting the money? The company has been in debt and loosing money for years...

How is it the board has 23 million to give away? :eusa_think:

-Joe

they have the money to pay all the millions of pensions to the union folks.....where is that comming from.....

Good for him. This was negotiated when? From everything I've read about this guy, he's done a hell of a job. Got gargantuan concessions from UAW, the uncracked nut, retirees that are now counting on what they 'earned.' If not for that, GM might be able to retool.

This should be fun. He is getting a pension. That was never mentioned in the "loans" from the government; only bonuses.

Let's see what everyone does. If they can cancel out contracts, they should do the same to pensions.

Good for him. This was negotiated when? From everything I've read about this guy, he's done a hell of a job. Got gargantuan concessions from UAW, the uncracked nut, retirees that are now counting on what they 'earned.' If not for that, GM might be able to retool.

it is not a golden parachute or bonus ....it is a pension deferred compensation and stock options....

it is not a golden parachute or bonus ....it is a pension deferred compensation and stock options....

Ok, I'm not that up to speed with the differentiation. Why bad?

Ok, I'm not that up to speed with the differentiation. Why bad?

why bad....?.....not sure it is bad....just another example of the obama crowd not being in front of the story.....

Do not want the government ruining any business, there not supposed to.
Private Enterprise only I own three GM vehicles all 05 and newer
but would rather drive a Toyota made by workers from the south than anything from anywhere made buy the United States Government
Union Or Non Union.

Ever heard of Hudson,Rambler,Studebaker to name a few??
Put GM and Chrysler in the same grave yard before allowing Obama
to be CEO. Move from Detroit to North Carolina:eusa and get a job building Toyotas. Detroit is a shit hole anyway. You can blame the big three all you want but Detroit is still a shit hole and there is shit on everyones hands that live and work there. :eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray:

Do not want the government ruining any business, there not supposed to.
Private Enterprise only I own three GM vehicles all 05 and newer
but would rather drive a Toyota made by workers from the south than anything from anywhere made buy the United States Government
Union Or Non Union.

Ever heard of Hudson,Rambler,Studebaker to name a few??
Put GM and Chrysler in the same grave yard before allowing Obama
to be CEO. Move from Detroit to North Carolina:eusa and get a job building Toyotas. Detroit is a shit hole anyway. You can blame the big three all you want but Detroit is still a shit hole and there is shit on everyones hands that live and work there. :eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray:

That was enlightening. Not.

actually, while i have no problem with the pension as it is no doubt contractual, wagoner did a terrible job at the helm. GM's stock has nose dived every year he has been at the helm.

His situation is no different than AIG. Contracts for performance completed or pension. He lost over 80 billion dollars in four years.

Where is Congress? Why aren't people threatening to stop this?

His situation is no different than AIG. Contracts for performance completed or pension. He lost over 80 billion dollars in four years.

Although you and many others think its Congresses job to make sure a business does no fail it is NOT THERE JOB and as long as Politicians throw money at them there going to take it. I believe that years ago after government and unions started to take to much control of the auto industry for what ever reason GM made a conscious decision to ride the wave. With what they had been made to do to please the Government and unions, competing on a global scale was bound to fail sooner or later and now you and me are getting bullshitted again all to save jobs for the UAW. Move to where the jobs are.

actually, while i have no problem with the pension as it is no doubt contractual, wagoner did a terrible job at the helm. GM's stock has nose dived every year he has been at the helm.

why? Besides the obvious that people weren't buying what they were selling. What did he do?

Although you and many others think its Congresses job to make sure a business does no fail it is NOT THERE JOB and as long as Politicians throw money at them there going to take it. I believe that years ago after government and unions started to take to much control of the auto industry for what ever reason GM made a conscious decision to ride the wave. With what they had been made to do to please the Government and unions, competing on a global scale was bound to fail sooner or later and now you and me are getting bullshitted again all to save jobs for the UAW. Move to where the jobs are.

Noooooo...I was being sarcastic. I think government should stay as far away from businesses as possible.

Amtrak is the perfect example.

Forum List

Back