GM Bailout Looking like a win for Obama

If Gm was allowed to go belly up, chapter 7....I believe, do you think they would have made out better in the long run?

I'm not certain that they would have made out better....can you prove or show some data that could show that they would have....?

The bond holders could only have made out better, they had no where to go but up from the beating they took from Obama and the UAW.

I disagree with your speculation.

You can be as wrong as you want, that's fine with me.

The Senior secured creditors at GM and Chrysler now know what life is like in the Banana Republic American has become under the Boy King and his Union Buddies

The bond holders could only have made out better, they had no where to go but up from the beating they took from Obama and the UAW.

The Senior secured creditors at GM and Chrysler now know what life is like in the Banana Republic American has become under the Boy King and his Union Buddies

He probably doesn't understand that secured creditors are first in line for compensation in a bankruptcy hearing.

The Union has nothing to do with it.

It is funny to hear people attack the unions when it was poor management that destroyed GM.

No rightwinger, President Bush is the one that had the balls to save them imho....all Obama did was work out the deal President bush had started...and made certain it came in to fruition....which was not an easy task....

yes, Obama took the flack and the rebellion of the public on this, but the deal was done, the bailout was done in terms of money set aside for them, under President Bush.

Bush committed $17B to a plan that wasn't going to work. Obama nationalized the company and screwed the bondholders to give the UAW a gift at a cost of another $33B. But go ahead and blame Bush now that this is all turning out to be another Marxist scam.

Can you be more specific on how the Bond holders were "screwed" by Obama?

The bondholders were first in line to use the assets they owned for the best outcome of their choosing. That's why they took a risk on GM in the first place, and that's why the only way they could be coerced was by government fiat. They essentially got a fifth of the equity and absolutely no voice in the reorganization.

Bush committed $17B to a plan that wasn't going to work. Obama nationalized the company and screwed the bondholders to give the UAW a gift at a cost of another $33B. But go ahead and blame Bush now that this is all turning out to be another Marxist scam.

Can you be more specific on how the Bond holders were "screwed" by Obama?

The bondholders were first in line to use the assets they owned for the best outcome of their choosing. That's why they took a risk on GM in the first place, and that's why the only way they could be coerced was by government fiat. They essentially got a fifth of the equity and absolutely no voice in the reorganization.
They did better than GM stockholders who got nothing. I lost 90% of my investment in Lehman AAA bonds when the government let the company fail.

I really don't have much sympathy for those who invested in GM stock or bonds and held on to the bitter end. The company has been failing for many years. The debt was way out of control. When you are holding bonds that are yielding 50% more than the average AAA corporate bonds, you are taking a big risk. Bond holders chose to risk their money and lost.

can you translate your mumbo jumbo last sentence please?

I'm sorry... I hurt myself from laughing so hard at the Obama Fluffers here.

He did what?! LOL?

It is any wonder we have $3 trillion deficit in 2 years?

LOL

It's a wonder its not a $17 trillion deficit
Remember back when $3T deficit was a terrible thing? The blob is up near 5 Trillion!

I'm sorry... I hurt myself from laughing so hard at the Obama Fluffers here.

He did what?! LOL?

It is any wonder we have $3 trillion deficit in 2 years?

LOL

It's a wonder its not a $17 trillion deficit
Remember back when $3T deficit was a terrible thing? The blob is up near 5 Trillion!
But you approve of the helicopter money

how can libs bash trump for spending they approve of?

Forum List

Back