Gluten-free diet could damage health of people without coeliac disease, expert claims.

My grandma ate grains for 100 years. Plus butter, bacon, ice cream. She was never bothered by any of them. Mildly chunky after 90.

Humans have eaten grains for thousands of years, many live to be quite old. Too many complex carbs are consumed, way too much sugar, but demonizing a food group is going too far. All things in moderation. You want to tell 90 year old to stop eating grains? They will just look at you.
Not GMO grains...and not thousands of years either.

Humans have eaten grains for thousands of years, many live to be quite old. Too many complex carbs are consumed, way too much sugar, but demonizing a food group is going too far. All things in moderation. You want to tell 90 year old to stop eating grains? They will just look at you.
The GMO thing is another scare crisis. It helps the crops grow in various conditions. Lot's of hysteria going around with foods.

The GMO thing is another scare crisis. It helps the crops grow in various conditions. Lot's of hysteria going around with foods.
Not buying that.

GMOs have not been effectively researched. The long term affects on the body are not known. I have no desire to be a guinea pig.

Humans feasting on grains for at least 100,000 years
Grains were not a MAJOR part of the human diet until we started farming.

At any rate, it is well known that the body essentially turns grains into sugar, during digestion. The harmful affects of this are well known.

Not buying that.

GMOs have not been effectively researched. The long term affects on the body are not known. I have no desire to be a guinea pig.
I'm not buying your hysteria either. Good luck finding non modified food, pretty much all of it has been unless you hunt.

Not buying that.

I'm not buying your hysteria either. Good luck finding non modified food, pretty much all of it has been unless you hunt.

True it is difficult to avoid, but I do what I can....and the thing is you can't avoid GMOs if you eat grains. Pretty much all grains are GMO. So, just another reason among many why I do not eat grains PERIOD.

Are you aware of the number of nations that will not accept GMO foods? If it is all hysteria, then why won't Monsanto and our terribly corrupt federal government PROVE GMO foods are safe? We know our central government is owned by Monsanto...so Monsanto pretty much gets whatever they want.

GM Crops Now Banned in 38 Countries Worldwide – Sustainable Pulse Research
http://sustainablepulse.com/2015/10/22/gm-crops-now-banned-in-36-countries-worldwide-sustainable-pulse-research/#.Vzm5epErI2w

Twenty-Six Countries Ban GMOs—Why Won't the US? | The Nation
www.thenation.com/article/twenty-six-countries-ban-gmos-why-wont-us/
Oct 29, 2013 - A few years ago, there were sixteen countries that had total or partial bans on GMOs. Now there are at least twenty-six, including Switzerland, Australia, Austria, China, India, France, Germany, Hungary, Luxembourg, Greece, Bulgaria, Poland, Italy, Mexico and Russia.

Day 2 without porridge.
Good for you, but are you still eating other grain and sugar products? If so, you are not doing yourself any favors by eliminating porridge.

If you still consume cereal, bread, or any other grain containing products, you will not experience any of the health benefits.

Where are GMOs grown and banned? #GMOFAQ
The Takeaway

When nations ban the importation or cultivation of GMO products, such moves are generally driven not by science, as the independent science organizations in every major country have come out with public statements that GM products are safe.

Other factors are trade protectionism, pressure from activists, public uneasiness or a desire to protect a country’s image—such as the French belief that genetic crops could “contaminate” the country’s reputation as a world food capital. As is often the case with GMOs, the situation in the European Union suggests how divisive and political this issue has become.

The EU has witnessed numerous skirmishes between scientists and politically-based opposition. Scottish leaders, for example, admitted that their decision to opt out of GMO cultivation was based on marketing concerns, rather than science. And when the European Commission’s science adviser, Anne Glover, spoke in favor of the science of genetic engineering, she found herself out of a job following intense lobbying by opposition groups. Bans almost always run counter to the advice ofscientists and agricultural experts in the nations where they are implemented.

Forum List

Back