Gloria Steineim is a Gnat!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by PoliticalChic, Nov 30, 2010.

1. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,073
    Right-Wing Women Have Accepted Their Own Subordination | Gloria Steinem | Big Think

“Any group of people that has been subordinate absorbs the idea of our own subordination and that it is natural and comes to think that the only way to survive is to identify with the powerful.” That is what has happened to many right-wing women who vote Republican, says Steinem.

Why are all these women like Gloria Steinem and Erica Jong, who are frankly no longer that relevant, coming out of the woodwork?

Their ideas of 2nd wave feminism, that you don't need a man, that you can find true self-fulfillment in a career as opposed to marriage and having children, have FAILED many women. To cast out phrases like "Stockholm Syndrome" shows how desperate these left- wing women are. Screeching how important it is for women to work, to prove how "equal" we are to men, have left women disappointed, dissatisfied, and disenchanted. That premise failed women and the generations of ill-supervised children who were raised by TV, the internet, and the pop culture.

Ms. Steinem, it's not about reproductive rights, it's about what you do with the children after they are born. But you don't know anything about that. You denied yourself the opportunity to be a mother. You aborted your unborn baby and now you have to justify why that was the right decision for you. Doesn't it gall you to see strong conservative women like Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann with their husbands and children? They always look so happy. Yes you can find happiness in being a mother! What gets you even more is that they've been able to have successful relevant careers! They are in prominent positions and their voices carry weight! Women are realizing that they've been duped by 2nd wave feminists like yourself. People like you and Erica Jong are becoming like gnats that I need to flick off from my sweater.

Yes, I see fear in the eyes of all the liberals. Things are going to get very dirty on the road to the 2012 election.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. washamericom

washamericom Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,701
    stong vocal women are never out of vogue. the women on this board prove that.
    i'd like to see women speak up a bit more when a "political chick" (by that i mean any women in politics) gets unfair treatment from the press. i don't like it when organisations such as n.o.w switch it on and off to suit their own politics and agenda, be consistent.... great thread p.c. !

i should also add that as a conservative republican/libertarian, i was delighted to see that hillary clinton, yesterday, looked and sounded far more presidential, than obama ever has. she has great depth of knowledge and substance. also it was great to see the dems in power, struggling with the same problems (secrets and wikileaks) that they have so vehemntly attacked us for, for years.
    what's good for the goose. there can be no double standard for either subject.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  3. Granny

Granny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,270
    Women who know who they are don't need to be "strong and vocal." They already come over as strong and confident and the "silence" of their confidence speaks much louder than the wails of weak/resentful women who have never embraced their own self-worth as women.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Don't you find it somewhat odd that the feminist movement had no problem becoming a national force in politics, given so many women are, according to you, entirely happy with the status quo?

I remember back when my mother worked side by side making crayons for Binny and Smith but got paid about 80% as much as the man doing exactly the same job in the same factory floor.

I remember back when any women who had sex was a slut but every man doing the same thing was a swinging bachelor.

I remember when beating your wife wasn't a crime, but a right of marriage.

You think those things were okay?

You think we ought to go back to those days?

5. washamericom

washamericom Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,701

Women who know who they are don't need to be "strong and vocal." They already come over as strong and confident and the "silence" of their confidence speaks much louder than the wails of weak/resentful women who have never embraced their own self-worth as women.

subsitute "conservatives" for women in the above statement, it works... then try "srong and vocal conservative women"

and

"I remember when beating your wife wasn't a crime, but a right of marriage."

too dramtic, wife beating was never a right of anything.... in this country

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  6. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    I was reading this vermon - tropy

7. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
    And of course Liberal women would never try to subordinate others and become powerful through intimidation. Oh no, never! :uhoh3:

Liberals and Feminists in general only advocate freedom of choice if they are the only choice.

8. zzzz

zzzz Just a regular American

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +429
    I would venture to say that there are families out there where the man is subordinate to the woman.

Why are they coming back from ... obscurity? The political climate is changing in a direction they do not wnat and they believe they can help stem the conservative movement by appealing to their fan base. And people tend to surround themselves with people that think the same so they are probably out of touch with reality.

9. washamericom

washamericom Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,701
    touche'

10. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,673
    Being irrelevant isn't fun, so Glor is just trying to get back in the game. But for her it's an old-timers game these days wherein she can only go through the motions now.