Globull Warming

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Contumacious, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Contumacious

Contumacious Radical Freedom

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,851
    [​IMG]

Himalayan Glaciers Not Melting

Submitted by Doug L. Hoffman on Fri, 11/13/2009 - 15:26

According to a flurry of recent reports by the BBC and other mass media, the glaciers in the Himalayan mountains are melting at a furious pace. Of course this is taken as proof that climate change is still taking place at an ever accelerating rate, despite the fact the global temperatures have remained flat for the past decade. What, then, explains the rapidly retreating Himalayan glaciers? Nothing, because the glaciers are not shrinking. A new report by a senior Indian glaciologist states that the glaciers remain frozen and quite intact, thank you.

The report by Vijay Kumar Raina, formerly of the Geological Survey of India, seeks to correct widely spread reports that India's 10,000 or so Himalayan glaciers are shrinking rapidly in response to climate change. It's not true, Raina says. The rumors may have originated in the Asia chapter of the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's (IPCC's) 2007 Working Group II report, which claims that Himalayan glaciers “are receding faster than in any other part of the world and, if the present rate continues, the likelihood of them disappearing by the year 2035 and perhaps sooner is very high if the Earth keeps warming at the current rate.” Evidently, the bogus reporting was based on measurements from only a handful of glaciers."

2. SFC Ollie

SFC Ollie Still Marching

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,458
    I can believe there is some climate change going on. Fact is it would be nice to be a few degrees warmer. But that man is causing the earth to warm up? That's almost as funny as Dinosaur farts.

3. Charles Stucker

Charles Stucker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +225
    I gues that means we have been Al Gored by the bull, right?

4. keee keee

keee keee Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Now that global warming is being uncovered as a farce it is now called climate change!!!! all bullshit!!!!

5. Rozman

Rozman Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,688
    The left say that man is the cause of global warming by releasing CO2 into the air.
    It has been a long time since I was in school but don't we do that every time we breathe?
    So to do my part to stop global warming I have decided on my own to cut down my breathing by 15%.
    Since I started I realized how much I look like Brad Pitt whenever I look into the mirror whenever I do this. Also I have been out on three dates with Jennifer Aniston and Megan Fox.heh heh heh and I scored twice.

My dopey brother has tried to get me to stop by saying that it was normal to breathe and he also told me that plants require carbon dioxide to grow and produce food.....

I am so confused by global warming.
    My brother is working late tonight so I think I will start holding my breath now.
    Maybe that hot chick thirteen from the TV show House will show up tonight to make Jennifer jealous.

I will let you guys know later how my night went.