Globe Publishes Final Election Results 8 Hours Before Polls Close

Well, I believe it was intentional. Dirty politics by a leftist newspaper.

I don't believe there is any conspiracy here. At least not at this moment. But if this supposedly test comes out even close to the actual results then I would definitely call for a full investigation.

Exactly. Wait until the final results before jumping to conclusions. Though be forewarned, it can be easy to predict what district is going to vote where much of the time.

All you have to do is look at who's registered as what and how they voted in previous elections both local and for the President. CNN does it fairly well every election season. I remember it during the 2008 election, thought it was amazing technology.

I don't think that the normal standards are coming into play for this election.

Although without a link yet, I hear Jason Lewis tell that Al Frankenstein's recount loyah is in Marxatxachusetts already.

Hoobooie. :rolleyes:

Dude's been such a doper for so long...he'ds stuck in the past...maybe the late seventies.

Massachusetts hasn't ranked as a top taxed state in decades.

Further proof that you are what you put up your ass.

Dude: what a prick of a dope

Funny thought came to mind.

What happens if Scott Brown was just trolling the GOP and turns out to be a Liberal? Other than maybe the minds and hearts breaking of a good portion of the population here at USMB. :lol:

Why is it the same people who take anything they can to attempt to prove foul play in elections are the same people who yell the loudest when liberals bring up the same things (Diebold, Florida 2000, Ohio 2004, etc)

The real question is why do the liberals who yell the loudest about "being cheated" yell the loudest about trying to cheat and put things out here like this to make people question whether they are trying to defraud the system?

Because they're all a bunch of EFING cheaters.

Funny thought came to mind.

What happens if Scott Brown was just trolling the GOP and turns out to be a Liberal? Other than maybe the minds and hearts breaking of a good portion of the population here at USMB. :lol:

That would really suck. But you can never be too sure nowadays.

He supported Ronmeycare...That's bad enough.

That's my point.

Maybe it will be like Scooby Doo, but it's too late to stop it. So when the mask is ripped off, we'll see Nancy Pelosi. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_C2HJvtRDY]YouTube - Scooby Doo Theme Song[/ame]

dewey-beats-truman1.jpg

The 1948 Presidential Election

1948 - Truman runs against Thomas E. Dewey, the Republican nominee in the 1948 presidential election. The scientific pollsters, including George Gallup, all predicted that Dewey would beat Truman. (Gallup had won a dramatic bet by correctly predicting the outcome of the 1936 election.) Newspapers were so sure the pollsters were right that they printed the headline, "Dewey Beats Truman." But they were wrong.

Truman beat Dewey and the race wasn't even that close (Truman won by 3.5 percentage points). What had gone wrong? The pollsters had stopped polling a week before the election. They thought that people's votes would not change before the election. But in 1948 there were two strong independent candidates whose support eroded away in the last week. By stopping their polling too soon, the pollsters missed this shift away from the third party candidates back to the major parties. Since most of the votes shifted to Truman, he won the election.

I was just about to say "Dewey Defeats Truman"

MAJOR difference between the two that makes the Dewey-Truman mistake irrelevant to this situation. The article that accompanied that mistaken headline didn't have ANY breakdown of how votes were cast because that information was not yet available at the time they went with the story. Counting the votes for that election went on throughout the night but that newspaper had to be put to bed for printing. It had two stories ready to go -one for Dewey winning and another if Truman won. At the time the paper had to be put to bed for printing, they still didn't know who had won and had to make a choice to run with one or the other or neither - and took a chance based on the fact Dewey was ahead at that time and figured he would retain that lead to the end. He didn't and the paper got it wrong.

So how does that error in any way compare to THIS where the actual breakdown of how the votes were cast is already drawn up 8 hours before the polls even open? THAT is not comparable to an error in deciding which story to go with. Putting out THAT kind of story with actual voting breakdowns looks like someone was assigned to just make up numbers out of whole cloth about votes that hadn't even been cast yet. But WHY? There is no legitimate reason to make it up instead of waiting for the real numbers and their explanation for it being published hours before the polls even open is LAME. If the outcome ends up in any way resembling their "facts", it wouldn't take much for many people to believe the election was rigged.

No one believed that incorrect headline somehow proved Truman's win was tainted -but they sure will believe it is tainted if Coakley wins now.

I was just about to say "Dewey Defeats Truman"

MAJOR difference between the two that makes the Dewey-Truman mistake irrelevant to this situation. The article that accompanied that mistaken headline didn't have ANY breakdown of how votes were cast because that information was not yet available at the time they went with the story. Counting the votes for that election went on throughout the night but that newspaper had to be put to bed for printing. It had two stories ready to go -one for Dewey winning and another if Truman won. At the time the paper had to be put to bed for printing, they still didn't know who had won and had to make a choice to run with one or the other or neither - and took a chance based on the fact Dewey was ahead at that time and figured he would retain that lead to the end. He didn't and the paper got it wrong.

So how does that error in any way compare to THIS where the actual breakdown of how the votes were cast is already drawn up 8 hours before the polls even open? THAT is not comparable to an error in deciding which story to go with. Putting out THAT kind of story with actual voting breakdowns looks like someone was assigned to just make up numbers out of whole cloth about votes that hadn't even been cast yet. But WHY? There is no legitimate reason to make it up instead of waiting for the real numbers and their explanation for it being published hours before the polls even open is LAME. If the outcome ends up in any way resembling their "facts", it wouldn't take much for many people to believe the election was rigged.

No one believed that incorrect headline somehow proved Truman's win was tainted -but they sure will believe it is tainted if Coakley wins now.

Occam's Razor.

Occam's Razor.

Exactly. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. If the Globe has released figures that accurately represent what happens to night, hours before the votes are cast, then the simplest explanation is that the results were rigged.

He supported Ronmeycare...That's bad enough.

That's my point.

Maybe it will be like Scooby Doo, but it's too late to stop it. So when the mask is ripped off, we'll see Nancy Pelosi. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_C2HJvtRDY]YouTube - Scooby Doo Theme Song[/ame]

Do you watch LOST?

Hurley has the best use of Scooby Doo as a verb evah.

Hurley to Kate: You just totally Scooby Doo'd me, didn't you.​

:lol:

Do you watch LOST?

Hurley has the best use of Scooby Doo as a verb evah.

Hurley to Kate: You just totally Scooby Doo'd me, didn't you.​

:lol:

:lol: Oh Hurley. Only person who could go on the island and gain weight. Keeping food under his shirt me thinks. :lol:

Occam's Razor.

Exactly. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. If the Globe has released figures that accurately represent what happens to night, hours before the votes are cast, then the simplest explanation is that the results were rigged.

No, the simplest answer is a printing error. Just like it was proven to be, seeing as how Brown won.

biased hack paper got caught trying to fix election. I wouldn't use that paper to line my bird cage. Afraid my bird would get cancer of the asshole from that rag.

The Liberal Media is corrupt and i think most people understand that. The Boston Globe is a notorious Liberal Rag. They're almost as notorious as the NY Times. They will do anything to get Democrats elected...and i do mean Anything. I don't trust anything in the Boston Globe at this point. You can be sure they had an ulterior motive for this. I seriously doubt it was just an innocent mistake. Oh well,Brown whipped their a*ses anyway.

Forum List

Back