Votes: 1 33.3%
  • You insane in the cranium?

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Cain

Air Force DEP
Nov 14, 2010
Tennessee
I have read many books that deal with futuristic societies, and many of them, including some famous series with teenagers/young adults*, show a Global Earth. A Earth without a United States, Russia, China, Afghanistan, but just 1 huge Empire.

I know that these are serious fantasy books, but they have actually brought up a discussion at school before (multiple actually) about if boundaries will ever change, if maybe people will blend into one huge nation of its own.

I am just wondering what others think about this. I could see it happening, but many years down the alone. Old rivalries die hard. My family still holds a grudge against England for persecution from over 200 years ago, but people change. I believe people can unite, just takes time, and effort.

*Halo Series, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc.

P.S. Yes, I realize all of these are very fantastic series' but they all have a basic point of a united Earth.

People need nationality. They create it out of really thin tissue sometimes.

Tribalism and territoriality are an essential part of biology.

Take a look at the world, little one - tribal wars in Africa, middle east nations - Sunnis vs. Shites and everyone hates the Kurds - Muslims of all stripes hating Jews - India and Pakistan clashing with each other - Russia vs. the Chechens and Georgians and probably a few other countries - China - North Korea against the entire world and threats from N. Korea to S. Korea - these along with plenty other issues are ingrained into the cultures of these peoples, sometimes for centuries. That's not going to change no matter how much some people believe everybody will kiss and make up and live happily ever after.

There is no utopia nor will there ever be so long as mankind tries to rule itself.

Take a look at the world, little one - tribal wars in Africa, middle east nations - Sunnis vs. Shites and everyone hates the Kurds - Muslims of all stripes hating Jews - India and Pakistan clashing with each other - Russia vs. the Chechens and Georgians and probably a few other countries - China - North Korea against the entire world and threats from N. Korea to S. Korea - these along with plenty other issues are ingrained into the cultures of these peoples, sometimes for centuries. That's not going to change no matter how much some people believe everybody will kiss and make up and live happily ever after.

There is no utopia nor will there ever be so long as mankind tries to rule itself.

little one? hmm

I never meant to imply it would be a utopia. Who's to say it would be? It could be the whole Earth under one tyrant if it does somehow happen.

I am not saying it will happen, or that it won't, just asking whether or not others think it will. I take it you do not believe it will?

I have read many books that deal with futuristic societies, and many of them, including some famous series with teenagers/young adults*, show a Global Earth. A Earth without a United States, Russia, China, Afghanistan, but just 1 huge Empire.

I know that these are serious fantasy books, but they have actually brought up a discussion at school before (multiple actually) about if boundaries will ever change, if maybe people will blend into one huge nation of its own.

I am just wondering what others think about this. I could see it happening, but many years down the alone. Old rivalries die hard. My family still holds a grudge against England for persecution from over 200 years ago, but people change. I believe people can unite, just takes time, and effort.

P.S. Yes, I realize all of these are very fantastic series' but they all have a basic point of a united Earth.

Those authors were drunk.

Its not gonna happen.

This is also exactly what the anti-Christ is planning on.................

The EU is a a failure.

Global Earth would be even worse.

It could happen but the perpetrator, to pull it off, would have to kill billions of people to do it. I figure right now the only group that could pull it off would be the Chinese. They could protect about 10 to 20 million of their people and then kill the rest of the world's population. They would still be viable as a entity. They plan long term which the West doesn't do.

It is also what the Christ is planning on.

It is also what the Christ is planning on.

Minus the famine, worldwide destruction, chaos, martial law, war, sadness, suffering, evil authoritarian rule, yea, you're right............

I wonder...If the Earth was attacked by creatures from another planet, woud all the peoples of the world unite against the common enemy?

New Topics

Forum List

Back