CDZ Global Warming vs. Climate Change?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
1. Please tell me the difference between these two concepts.

2. How are each of them measured?

3. What objective data supports these concepts?

Thank you!

Not exactly sure what information you are requesting.

can you please provide some more information about your request.

Thank you!

Global Warming was the name of the scan until the temperature stopped going up...if it actually did go up since we keep finding out that NASA and other agencies keep changing the data.

Climate Change is the name of the scam once Global Warming became a non starter, when, for example, it is April 16 and 2 feet of snow fell in northern states......so now they have a catch all scam name they can use to lie about trying to take over the economy......

1. What is the difference, if any, between the theories of Global Warming and Climate Change?

2. What type of measurements would support either of these theories?

3. What hard data do we have to provide such measurements?

Thank you!

Global Warming was the name of the scan until the temperature stopped going up...if it actually did go up since we keep finding out that NASA and other agencies keep changing the data.

Climate Change is the name of the scam once Global Warming became a non starter, when, for example, it is April 16 and 2 feet of snow fell in northern states......so now they have a catch all scam name they can use to lie about trying to take over the economy......

Different thread, but deaily weather does not matter. Man made or not, the world is getting warmer. Lets talk heat islands, ppm CO2, Boy Scout experiments in fish tanks vs an "open" system like maybe the earth is and solar minimums.

I own five Crepe myrtles in St Louis. Southern magnolias grow in our city and some suburbs but not well in our countrysides. Wonder where they boys have there thermometers.

1. What is the difference, if any, between the theories of Global Warming and Climate Change?

Are you going for that solar maximum vs solar minimum vs Co2 stuff like I mentioned in my previous reply?

Are you going for that solar maximum vs solar minimum vs Co2 stuff like I mentioned in my previous reply?

Please summarize your cause and effect data.

Please allow me to clarify something, so as to eliminate the hyperbole that inevitably surrounds it:

Climate changes. Hence Ice Ages, and other such phenomena.
The earth warms. It also cools. Has for millenia.
Human action has had some impact on the environment.
The real debate is to what extent humans have impacted our world, and how long those effects will last. As well as how far reaching those effects are.

My question, then, to those who subscribe to "man-made climate change", is:
If the science is settled, then why do we need more studies to prove it? And, more to the point, if "man-made climate change" has, indeed, been proven (only way the science would be settled), then why is it still considered a theory, in the scientific sense?

Thank you!
My experience of searching, asking, and never getting a straight answer has been both frustrating and telling. The mere fact that these questions have never been answered after all this time, by itself, proves that this entire warming/change schtick is bogus.

So. Does global warming mean an increase in temp of the whole earth, the biosphere, the top of the biosphere in how many degrees in what span of time? The question leads us over to some kind of 'climate change' which could be an increase of whatever amount of storms of what ever kind in whichever time frame the party hack bandies about.

It's a fraud, there's no science to it at all.

On another list someone in Wisconsin was bitterly complaining that it's only 26 degrees there, and it's been snowing.

"Must be Global Warming," I said.

Because EVERYONE does that who doesn't believe in that new leftwing religion, they had to change it to "Climate Change" to try to confuse people so they can still demand that you believe in it. Even though obviously the climate is not getting warmer, and the whole thing is a lie.

... that new leftwing religion...
fyi my daily work is w/ trading financial instruments plus I'm a retired civil engineer. I deal in hard cash, concrete, reality.

That said, I'm finding this clamoring for the false god of 'climate change' to be something very troubling. Like, I can't think of any reason that it should not be considered well, evil.

Please summarize your cause and effect data.

Essentially sometimes the sun puts out more or less energy.

CO2 has this or that effect in a closed environment and we can extrapolate how it works on a global level.

In this case I say find obviously biased sources so you know where they are coming from. Find a website pro-human caused global warming and one obviously against it and judge who is being more hopeful for yourself.

If you want me to nudge you one way or another....

Personally I own 24 cylinders and 80 valves between my 3 cars so I'm not exactly an enviro-nut.

HOWEVER, I think the trouble the limited environmental regulation we have causes is greatly overplayed. Remember the Fox body Mustangs? With 1980's tech that 225 horse 4.9 was loads of fun. Ford Mustang (third generation) - Wikipedia

Now we need 600 to 800 horse to have fun.
Request Rejected

There is a trickle down effect in the auto world too. So even though I'm quite the enthusiast in this field if environmental regulations cost cars some power so be it.

Forum List

Back