Global Warming stopped in 1996

Discussion in 'Environment' started by miami_thomas, Oct 15, 2012.

1. miami_thomas

miami_thomas VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +96
    First, the argument about global warming had not been up for debate. Most scientists agreed that global warming was occurring but not that it was manmade. Turns out that global warming stopped in 1996. The fact is renewable energy is the driving force behind trying to prove a coming disaster because many people in the world of academia have been working on solutions for the coming energy crisis for some time. As early as even 1911 there was a belief that solar energy would be the way of the future as a renewable source. It was believed that coal would eventually run out and the other form would be needed. But other forms of energy have risen like Oil and natural gas. So all those that bought into and invested into renewable energy, making it become a reality had become a problem. So then in the 1950s and 1960s temperatures were dropping and an idea about carbon in the atmosphere from a study back in 1896 regarding combustible energy and the carbon produced was starting to be used as the blame. It was bringing on an ice age. Then in 1980 temperatures were on the rise and by the mid 1980s the idea about the coming ice age had all but died. Then in 1988 the temperature had been rising for the last 8 years and then global warming became the topic of discussion. Now for the past 16 years or since 1996 the temperature has stayed flat. No global warming no global cooling but we still are trying to make policy regarding a research that has no supporting evidence. Why you ask well the reason is simple and the reason is money. All the investments over the past nearly 100 years are not wasted. They need renewable energy to take off so they can make a profit and maintain credibility. They cannot afford to wait another 100 or more years before these things might, I repeat might, be needed. So they need policies to help force renewable energy on people because it is more expensive.

Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it | Mail Online

2. zeke

zeke Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,868
    Yea I watched a special made by a scientist/photographer (initially a global warming sceptic) who has spent the last several years documenting the melting of glacial ice. Miles of ice have disappeared from several different areas up north.

I can't believe that tv is allowed to show shit like that. You know, photographic "proof" that our earth is warming and ice is melting more rapidly than ever thought possible.

How can they let that shit be televised? Why someone might look and listen to the information this man presented and not believe hacks like you.

Wouldn't that be a shame? You with your opinion article and this guy with proof. Who you gonna believe?

3. OohPooPahDoo

OohPooPahDoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,320
  4. miami_thomas

miami_thomas VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Ice is thinning in some areas and thickening in others. I tell you that you democrats take information and don't even question it. You do no research and just trust what you are being told is the truth. The fact is that you can set out to prove whatever you want and can find evidence to support your views. It is only things that cannot be disproven that are fact.

Feature

5. miami_thomas

miami_thomas VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +96
    So you are saying that if it does not support your view you do not read it. No wonder you still know nothing.

6. OohPooPahDoo

OohPooPahDoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,320

No that's not what I'm saying. If you'd like to know what I'm saying, get your head out of your asshole and read the words that I wrote.

7. zeke

zeke Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,868

Where is it thickening?? And how did this guy get these time lapsed photos to prove what ever it was he wanted to prove. I think the guy said he was just documenting the melt and came away believing that man has had a hand in global warming.

But all in all who cares. You don't seem to. I do but what difference does that make.

I take the common sense approach about how you could burn billions of pounds of carbon in the form of oil and coal, put the burnt carbon into the atmosphere and not expect there to be am effect. Doesn't make sense to me that all that released carbon amd other by products are doing nothing.

But again, what you and I believe means nothing.

8. miami_thomas

miami_thomas VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +96
    By the way, here is another one from the ESA. It shows ice shrunk by about 5 centimeters from 1991 to 2000 and continued to shrink until 2008. But since 2009 the ice sheet has grown by 9 centimeters. Look the world goes through cycles and has done so for ever. It will continue to do so and predicting an unpredictable thing will prove to be impossible. If we are unable to predict the weather of one small area more than 5 days out and even then not perfectly, how in the world are we supposed to predict the weather of the world years out? It is stupid to believe that is possible.

Height of Antarctica ice sheet increasing — MercoPress

9. zeke

zeke Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,868
    Miles of glacial retreat. Not centimeters.

But it was cool how this photographer got these time lapsed (over several years) photos to falsely document the melting of these galciers. Miles of retreat. Not inches.

Hell soon Glacier Nationl Park in Alaska won't have much (or any) in the way of galciers. But I never expected to go there anyway. O h well. Who the fuk cares but a bunch of wacko earth lovers.

10. miami_thomas

miami_thomas VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Common sense approach huh? How about all the bombs we dropped during World War II. What about all the combustion done then to an extent that has never been seen since? Seems that would have caused global warming for sure. What about the ice age and the freezing then which was then followed by the earth warming? What about the little ice age between 1350 and 1850 then the warming after that. Are you suggesting those two things had to be caused by humans as well? Evidence would support normal cycles before supporting that man is causing the heating of the earth. And as far as why it matters is because we are betting our economic futures on it being true. If it was just a study and not driving policy I would agree it doesnÂ’t matter. But it is driving public policy and that is a problem when it is not proven fact. Again like I said we cannot even predict accurately the climate 5 days out and even then not perfectly. How in the world are we supposed to believe someone predicting it hundreds or even thousands of years out?