Global warming: red-faced climatologist issues grovelling apology

97 percent of scientists say man-made climate change is real

LOL, thats 97 out of 100 picked by establishment.

What about the 33,000 who say it is bogus? AGW is a trick of the ruling elite, talked about by the Club of Rome, to bring in UN Agenda 21. Which is about global control of everthing as well as global depopulation

The 97 percent screaming headline for consensus is based on a survey of 1,372 scientists.

Actually, it was based on a survey of only 78 scientists. They were self selected, and the question were phrased in such a way that no one would say "no."

whoo hoo! I was going by the actual article DaGoose linked to.

"The report is based on questions posed to 1,372 scientists" That's from his link. And even that's bogus as all get out.

This info of less than 80 scientists is even better. Can you put up a link to those figures? I'd love to add that to my bookmarks.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
The 97 percent screaming headline for consensus is based on a survey of 1,372 scientists.

Actually, it was based on a survey of only 78 scientists. They were self selected, and the question were phrased in such a way that no one would say "no."

"The report is based on questions posed to 1,372 scientists" That's from his link. And even that's bogus as all get out.

This info of less than 80 scientists is even better. Can you put up a link to those figures? I'd love to add that to my bookmarks.

Thanks in advance.

Here ya go:

Study claiming ’97% of climate scientists agree’ is flawed « ClimateQuotes.com

Thanks in advance.

Here ya go:

Study claiming ’97% of climate scientists agree’ is flawed « ClimateQuotes.com

The article is flawed in its analysis. It makes a big deal over whether human activity is the primary influence on warming.

A. Of course, the sun has the primary influence on warming.

B. It assumes that unless man's influence is primary, it's not important.

The author thereby makes the very same mistakes he's accussing others of. FAIL!!!

Global warming: red-faced climatologist issues grovelling apology – Telegraph Blogs

Global warming: red-faced climatologist issues grovelling apology

Not.

I've just been listening to BBC Radio 4's More Or Less. It was the episode announcing that the Global Warming Policy Foundation's scientific adviser Dr David Whitehouse had won a £100 bet made on the programme four years ago with climatologist Dr James Annan. Annan predicted temperatures would rise in that period; Whitehouse predicted they wouldn't. Annan lost.

But you'd never guess it from his high-handed tone when he was asked why he'd lost. "Just bad luck," Annan explained, going on to insist (contradicting most available real-world data, it must be said) that the trend for global warming remained "robustly positive." He then agreed to another four-year bet. If it went against him a second time would he change his mind, Annan was asked. At first he appeared to agree that it would but then he started backtracking, insisting that it wouldn't change in the slightest his view that carbon dioxide causes global warming….

This "Even though I was wrong I'm still right" syndrome afflicts a lot of people in the climate alarmist community. But then, you can hardly blame them for their wilful self-delusion and glib complacency for they seem to operate in a bubble in which there are no punishments for failure.

The classic example is Paul Ehrlich who lost a famous bet on "scarce resources" with the late economist Julian Simon (aka the "Doomslayer" because he was so good at confounding environmentalists' hysterical scaremongering using actual scientific data as opposed to computer projections).

The interesting part, as I recall in Watermelons, is what happened next:

While Ehrlich continued to be feted as an environmental seer (in 1990, the year he lost the bet, he won a MacArthur Foundation "genius award"), Simon was invariably dismissed during his lifetime as a right-wing crank.

As a profile in Wired put it: "There seemed to be a bizarre reverse-Cassandra effect operating in the universe: whereas the mythical Cassandra spoke the awful truth and was not believed, these days "experts" spoke awful falsehoods, and they were believed. Repeatedly being wrong actually seemed to be an advantage, conferring some sort of puzzling magic glow upon the speaker."

Digging that puzzling magic glow, Dr Annan?

??? What apology wha?

Who fucking cares?

Now you think you're smarter than 97% of scientists. What a moron. :cuckoo:

Nope, I just want proof, that you can not provide.

I know you and your moronic arguments too well. No matter what proof is presented you'll say that it's either skewed or not good enough. You're happier living in ignorance.

I'm happier living with FACTS, as opposed to politically-motivated conjecture. Sell the snake oil elsewhere, please.

Forum List

Back