Global warming over the last 16 years

The two hallmarks of every Westwall posting are here again - a lack of intellectual rigour, and a lack of honesty.

Germany is not "going back to coal" because it has never gone out of it. What they are doing is phasing out nuclear and going almost entirely into renewables. To do that, they need to extend the use of coal beyond the original cut-off date of 2018. I don't entirely agree with the phasing oit of nuclear before coal, but at least I understand their thinking and can be honest about it.

Germany and the conservative government there are fully up to speed on climate change, and are doing very good business in exports as a result.

The two hallmarks of every Westwall posting are here again - a lack of intellectual rigour, and a lack of honesty.

Germany is not "going back to coal" because it has never gone out of it. What they are doing is phasing out nuclear and going almost entirely into renewables. To do that, they need to extend the use of coal beyond the original cut-off date of 2018. I don't entirely agree with the phasing oit of nuclear before coal, but at least I understand their thinking and can be honest about it.

Germany and the conservative government there are fully up to speed on climate change, and are doing very good business in exports as a result.

Sure they are buckwheat, sure they are. Der Spiegel has run several articles exposing the fraudulent "science". As Germany goes, so goes the rest of Europe. As I said, thirty years of entrenched corruption doesn't get taken down overnight, but there are reports being published now that would have NEVER been published pre CLIMATEGATE.

And just think, there are at least another 100,000 emails just waiting to be released.

I can't wait!

Westwall -

Maybe it's worth your while considering with this is really your topic....?

The conservative German government has a VERY clear policy on climate change.

Germany reduced greenhouse gas emissions substantially but remains an important emitter. Ambitious targets for climate change mitigation have been fixed and a broad range of environmental measures are being implemented. The efficiency of these measures, as well as their coordination, should be improved though, as reaching the targets risks being costly. In particular, the early phase-out of nuclear power and the development of renewable energy sources will require high levels of investment and public financial support. Establishing a clear carbon price in all sectors of the economy and phasing out environmentally harmful subsidies would contribute to reducing the CO2 abatement cost. The generosity of feed-in tariffs also needs to be carefully monitored and adjusted tightly in line with market developments to avoid deadweight losses and excessive increases in electricity prices. In addition, in order to maintain the German leadership in green sectors and preserve future sources of growth, competition in the energy sectors should be increased and eco-innovation further developed.

And let's look at the attitudes of German people:

65% of Germans stated that Climate Change is the single most serious problem the world faces.

59% of German managers stated that Climate Change is the single most serious problem the world faces.

Climate Change Policies in Germany - Papers - OECD iLibrary

http://ec.europa.eu/public_opinion/archives/ebs/ebs_313_en.pdf

Westwall -

This is Der Speigel's editorial position on climate change. I know people who write for them, so it wasn't difficult to get a statement from them:

Global Warning

"Heat waves, sinking cities, droughts and disappearing polar ice caps -- the effects of climate change are catastrophic. Despite the consequences, human activity continues to belch greenhouse gases while a rising tide of activists questions the science behind prevailing data."

Climate Change - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten

Like any good magazine they give voice to a wide range of different opinions - which only proves yet again that there is no global conspiracy, doesn't it?

Do take a look down the list of recent stories they have published - fascinating stuff.

I allways love it when a supposedly non-biased operation has a official position statement on anything. That go's for any news organisation or any scientific organisation. Once you have taken a official position on anything you have now entered into the realm of politics. Science and politics don't mix, and shouldn't. Every time they get together disaster ensues.

But that's history, and you guys don't do history.....or facts. We get it.

Last edited:
Westwall -

Maybe it's worth your while considering with this is really your topic....?

The conservative German government has a VERY clear policy on climate change.

Germany reduced greenhouse gas emissions substantially but remains an important emitter. Ambitious targets for climate change mitigation have been fixed and a broad range of environmental measures are being implemented. The efficiency of these measures, as well as their coordination, should be improved though, as reaching the targets risks being costly. In particular, the early phase-out of nuclear power and the development of renewable energy sources will require high levels of investment and public financial support. Establishing a clear carbon price in all sectors of the economy and phasing out environmentally harmful subsidies would contribute to reducing the CO2 abatement cost. The generosity of feed-in tariffs also needs to be carefully monitored and adjusted tightly in line with market developments to avoid deadweight losses and excessive increases in electricity prices. In addition, in order to maintain the German leadership in green sectors and preserve future sources of growth, competition in the energy sectors should be increased and eco-innovation further developed.

And let's look at the attitudes of German people:

65% of Germans stated that Climate Change is the single most serious problem the world faces.

59% of German managers stated that Climate Change is the single most serious problem the world faces.

Climate Change Policies in Germany - Papers - OECD iLibrary

http://ec.europa.eu/public_opinion/archives/ebs/ebs_313_en.pdf

what a dummy....................

Quicker Coal Power

Greater agility in output may keep Old King Coal in place in a nonnuclear Germany

By Peter Fairley / February 2013

As Germany phases out nuclear power, keeping coal plants running will be a necessity, because natural gas is expensive there. And it’s not just Germany. The International Energy Agency predicts that by the end of the decade, demand from India and China will push coal to surpass oil as the world’s No. 1 energy source.

Quicker Coal Power - IEEE Spectrum

:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

Last edited:
'Global warming over the last 16 years'

Most 16 year olds have not even been laid yet. Why would anyone expect that a speculative scientific theory could be proven in the same time frame?

Wetwall -

Yesterday you were triumphing Der Spegeil as a model of great journalism. Today you are attacking them, apparently because they are a little more objective than you thought they were.

As it happens, Der Spegel is an excellent media source, and do publish stories from all kinds of different angles - proof there is no media conspiracy. But of course 90% of their stories on climate back the position that human acitivity is involved, because that is what scientific facts have established.

We have seen repeatedly this week that very few of yor beliefs about climate change stand up, and I would be refreshing if you could start admitting that some of those beliefs are false. There is nothing wrong with learning, after all.

Alternatively, you can keep pretending Germany is dreaming of a coal-fired future under a Scpetic government, and that Der Speigel is going to promote that cause.

You can keep pretending that European scientists are motivated by funding and keep pretending all of the data has been tampered with - or you can accept that all of those points have been proven to be false, and move on.

Last edited:
'Global warming over the last 16 years'

Most 16 year olds have not even been laid yet. Why would anyone expect that a speculative scientific theory could be proven in the same time frame?

Ummmm, the "theory" has been extant for over thirty years. In that time they have spent more than three times as much money on "research" than was spent on the Manhattan Project.

The Manhattan Project got us nuclear power in three years....so far the best the climatologists have given us for 100 billion dollars, is that if we spend 76 trillion dollars over the next bunch of years we will be able to lower the global temperature by ONE degree...in a 100 years....maybe.

Wetwall -

Yesterday you were triumphing Der Spegeil as a model of great journalism. Today you are attacking them, apparently because they are a little more objective than you thought they were.

As it happens, Der Spegel is an excellent media source, and do publish stories from all kinds of different angles - proof there is no media conspiracy. But of course 90% of their stories on climate back the position that human acitivity is involved, because that is what scientific facts have established.

We have seen repeatedly this week that very few of yor beliefs about climate change stand up, and I would be refreshing if you could start admitting that some of those beliefs are false. There is nothing wrong with learning, after all.

Alternatively, you can keep pretending Germany is dreaming of a coal-fired future under a Scpetic government, and that Der Speigel is going to promote that cause.

You can keep pretending that European scientists are motivated by funding and keep pretending all of the data has been tampered with - or you can accept that all of those points have been proven to be false, and move on.

Your English comprehension skills are very poor aren't they? I stated that the AGW cult has lost so much credibility that even Der Spiegel, a NOTED WARMIST magazine, was forced to write sceptical articles in order to save some sort of face.

You are turning into a rather tiresome troll bucko, I suggest you shape up or I will be forced to simply ignore your childish posts.

This is what you claim to have posted:

even Der Spiegel, a NOTED WARMIST magazine, was forced to write sceptical articles in order to save some sort of face.

This is what you actually posted:

Der Spiegel has run several articles exposing the fraudulent "science".

This is what Der Spiegel's climate section states:

Global Warning

"Heat waves, sinking cities, droughts and disappearing polar ice caps -- the effects of climate change are catastrophic. Despite the consequences, human activity continues to belch greenhouse gases while a rising tide of activists questions the science behind prevailing data."

I don't see any 'face-saving' there, do you?

Again, at some point it would be refreshing if you could start to admit points that have been proven false rather than flail around posting nonsense.

Forum List

Back