Global Warming or Cooling? Place Your Bets.

Well I'll throw a wild card into the betting here...

EPA cover up- Global Warming Report False!

Proving that the Global Warming issue may indeed be simply a political issue we discover last night what 38 year veteran EPA scientist Alan Carlin tried to tell his bosses and the rest of the world back in March. The climate is cooling!

The 98-page report, co-authored by EPA analyst Alan Carlin, pushed back on the prospect of regulating gases like carbon dioxide as a way to reduce global warming. Carlin’s report argued that the information the EPA was using was out of date, and that even as atmospheric carbon dioxide levels have increased, global temperatures have declined over the last 11 years.

Carlin’s boss at the EPA dismissed the report saying, “The administrator and the administration has decided to move forward on endangerment, and your comments do not help the legal or policy case for this decision,” he wrote, according to the e-mails released by CEI. “I can only see one impact of your comments given where we are in the process, and that would be a very negative impact on our office.”

He later wrote an e-mail urging Carlin to “move on to other issues and subjects.”

“I don’t want you to spend any additional EPA time on climate change. No papers, no research, etc., at least until we see what EPA is going to do with climate,” McGartland wrote.

The question arises- will Obama’s Cap and Trade bill still be passed now that we know that Global Warming is a farce? I maintain my stance that focusing on Global Warming or even Global Cooling is simply an example of the public overfocusing on hype rather than on what’s really necessary. Certainly reducing pollution and carbon emissions is important but I’d like to see the Global Warming fanatics focus their energy on something more important like water conservation. (see STONE PAPER| ROCK PAPER| FIBERSTONE PAPER | or Natural Source Printing: We are a Quality Green Printer and Premier Green Resource for more info on the water crisis and simple ways you can help).

EPA cover up- Global Warming Report False! « Green Printing & Packaging Blog

Well, I think it will be cold on the ends and warm in the middle, and that during half the year it will be hotter on the top half, and the other half year, it will be warmer on the bottom half.

It fluctuates a lot It has been getting warmer for a long time, but it also gets cooler too. So I think we are at the warm end of the cycle, and over the long haul, it will get cooler.

What's actually going on is that pollution destabilizes ecosystems on a small scale locally, which results in the migration (read: extinction) of animal populations, further limiting biodiversity, causing selection pressure on viruses, bacteria and other harmful organisms to adapt to new hosts. This eventually results in humans getting more, potentially devastating diseases and a general destruction of animal populations (which sucks).

Furthermore, greenhouse gasses may not increase or decrease the temperature of the world as a whole, but it may change weather patterns and ocean currents--the effects of which are unpredictable but probably most harmful (in the form of droughts, floods and storms) to the poorest people in the world (south asian coastline villages, Africa, South America). This is why intelligent people have stopped calling it 'Global Warming' and have instead opted for the less frightening, though more accurate, 'Climate Change'.

Eleven years is not a timescale we should be interested in, Pale Rider--the rate of pollution is still increasing, and the effects of that pollution will be exponential over maybe 100 years. Is that a long time? Yes, but not that long to destroy a planet.

What's actually going on is that pollution destabilizes ecosystems on a small scale locally, which results in the migration (read: extinction) of animal populations, further limiting biodiversity, causing selection pressure on viruses, bacteria and other harmful organisms to adapt to new hosts. This eventually results in humans getting more, potentially devastating diseases and a general destruction of animal populations (which sucks).

Furthermore, greenhouse gasses may not increase or decrease the temperature of the world as a whole, but it may change weather patterns and ocean currents--the effects of which are unpredictable but probably most harmful (in the form of droughts, floods and storms) to the poorest people in the world (south asian coastline villages, Africa, South America). This is why intelligent people have stopped calling it 'Global Warming' and have instead opted for the less frightening, though more accurate, 'Climate Change'.

Eleven years is not a timescale we should be interested in, Pale Rider--the rate of pollution is still increasing, and the effects of that pollution will be exponential over maybe 100 years. Is that a long time? Yes, but not that long to destroy a planet.
You do have a point, in that pollution is worth cleaning up and controlling. See the Cuyahoga River that caught fire in the 70's in Cleveland, Ohio.

On the other hand CO2 is NOT a pollutant. The gas you are breathing out right now, CO2, is NOT toxic to any known living creature (well, save some extremophile archaea and anaerobic bacteria).

Also, we are not destroying the planet. The planet is doing just fine. We're [potentially] making it less hospitable to humans. BIG difference. Many plants prefer a CO2-rich environment. Even if "the day after tommorow" comes true (and it's a bunch of BS), there's more life in the oceans than on land. The Earth will be swell, like after a facelift.

Now, as to the OP, I'd bet on Global Cooling. Why?

Because we're overdue for an Ice Age. It's going to come, maybe not in my lifetime, but it will eventually come. We'll adapt or die.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back