Global warming my freezing ass!

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
it's been unseasonally cool here, too.

Usually this place is like a pizza oven in the summer. But my horses still have water in their seasonal creek (it's usually long gone by now).

mount.jpg

Lol, that image was small, I didn't know it was a graveyard.

Oh well, all the interesting people in this burg died long ago, anyway.

And we are hitting a couple of 90+ days here in Portland, Oregon. Nothing unuassal about that in July. Except that the wind is out of the West. We usually get those days on an East wind. Oddly enough, this past January and February, we had East winds that brought us 60 degree weather. Those winds in those months are normally when we get our deep freezes.

That's because the east for the most part is freezing its ass off.

Until just recently.

My horses were standing in mud the last week of June, and I couldn't send the kids to the babysitter without jackets. That's a little odd.

Hay sure looks good. Saw green on the hill north of Burns between Silvies and Drewsey that I have never seen green in July before. Bet my cousins near John Day get three cuttings this year. Two for sure.

They weren't able to harvest the first cutting early, though. And I saw a lot of first cuttings getting rained on this year.

A good year will see some people with four cuttings, but I don't think we'll get there this year.

I think wheat harvest was late, too. They're just getting started over here. I'm not super familiar with the schedule here; I'm from Pendleton originally, but I do believe everybody was/is late.

I have flannel sheets on the bed along with two down blankets and a comforter. Global warming my freezing ass.

Raise your hands. How many of you brought a jacket to work Tuesday or put on an extra blanket the other night? Now check the calendar. Yep, it's the middle of summer.

In fact, so far it's one of the coldest Bay Area summers in the last 40 years.
Bay Area experiencing one of the coolest summers in 40 years - Inside Bay Area

Yeah. The weather got my hopes up one day this week, and it went back to being cold. Why did I decide to spend my summer here again? If I wanted cold this time of year I would go to Australia.

Haven't paid that much attention to when they harvest the wheat. Most of what I saw Thursday near Condon had not been harvested yet.

The primary crop around Portland that I am interested in has just come on today. The blackberries are late, but big and really juicey and sweet. A wonderful perk of being in maintenance, is that after work, I borrow the manlift and use it to pick blackberries. Just extend it over the fence, down into the blackberries, and fill the buckets.

Forum List

Back