Global warming MY ASS!

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
Took me an hour and a half to get to work, and it is a 15 minute drive...

http://www.kmsp.com/weather/

web_metro_vis.jpg

We're SUPPOSED to hit 70 today... but that won't happen. Then in the 40s the rest of the week.

Fuzzy, snow is pretty, but I'm sure you're sick of it by now!

mom4 said:
We're SUPPOSED to hit 70 today... but that won't happen. Then in the 40s the rest of the week.

I thought you were dodging tornados today.

dilloduck said:
I thought you were dodging tornados today.
Could be...
Windy with strong thunderstorms likely. Storms may produce large hail and strong winds. High 71F. Winds SW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 70%

And it just started pouring as I typed that. :D

mom4 said:

i thought snow was pretty maybe around...uh... christmas. After that, I hate it.

we haven't had a REAL snowfall since mid february. everything was melting, and last friday we had a clear, sunny, 57deg day-and I had the day off!! I got my car washed and vacuumed -paid $16 for it to be done at a full service car wash, and it didn't even last 3 days. at least it got vacuumed out though.

this is no real surprise since march is when we get storms like this.

fuzzykitten99 said:
i thought snow was pretty maybe around...uh... christmas. After that, I hate it.

we haven't had a REAL snowfall since mid february. everything was melting, and last friday we had a clear, sunny, 57deg day-and I had the day off!! I got my car washed and vacuumed -paid $16 for it to be done at a full service car wash, and it didn't even last 3 days. at least it got vacuumed out though.

this is no real surprise since march is when we get storms like this.
Man, I wish I could find a place that will wash and vacuum my car for 16 bucks.

dilloduck said:
but is it WARM snow?

I'm SO glad I no longer live in Richfield !!

it is the thick, wet/heavy stuff. metro transit is having to rescue half their buses because the ones that are the 'trailer' ones with the acordion thing in the middle, are getting jack-knifed everywhere. One was blocking the County Rd J exit on 35W...backing traffic up for several miles. Hwy 10 at the redneck bottleneck in Coon Rapids was a parking lot...

I can't see why anyone bothers today with going to work, unless your job is a critical one like a doctor or ambulance or police/firefigher...

I almost called in, after sitting in one place and not moving for 25 minutes. But I then thought about how crappy it would be to have to try to make it back home and figured, better late than never today at work...

The ClayTaurus said:
Man, I wish I could find a place that will wash and vacuum my car for 16 bucks.
well, if you ever move here to MN, we have a few around that are about the same price range.

the place I go (when I have the $) is Blue Velvet, about 3 miles from my house in Ramsey, MN. They have a menu, and you choose what you want them to do, and all the options include vacuum, window/glass cleaning, and hand-drying the car, even the locks, hinges, and water-holding crevices are dried with high-pressure air hoses, like what you use with an impact wrench. The prices vary by the extras you want like tire shine and air freshener, rain-x applications inside and out, floor mat washing, etc. They even offer minor and major int/ext detailing, but you have to make an appt for that. I hope to get my car detailed in a few months.

fuzzykitten99 said:
well, if you ever move here to MN, we have a few around that are about the same price range.

the place I go (when I have the $) is Blue Velvet, about 3 miles from my house in Ramsey, MN. They have a menu, and you choose what you want them to do, and all the options include vacuum, window/glass cleaning, and hand-drying the car, even the locks, hinges, and water-holding crevices are dried with high-pressure air hoses, like what you use with an impact wrench. The prices vary by the extras you want like tire shine and air freshener, rain-x applications inside and out, floor mat washing, etc. They even offer minor and major int/ext detailing, but you have to make an appt for that. I hope to get my car detailed in a few months.
This is where I go:

http://www.thegreatamericancarwash.com/

But only in the winter, as soon as it's warm out, I wash my own car.

Actually, now that I look at the prices, you can get a basic wash and quick vacuum for 16 bucks, but I always want the exterior extras that jack the price up. That makes my exterior-only wash around 16-17 bucks. I don't mind vacuuming and armorallin' the interior myself anyways. The California Car Duster that I got for my interior is the best 5 bucks I may have ever spent.

fuzzykitten99 said:
Took me an hour and a half to get to work, and it is a 15 minute drive...

http://www.kmsp.com/weather/

web_metro_vis.jpg

The weather here in Reno has been crap for a long time too. Cold, overcast, windy, rain then snow, rain then snow. I'm SICK of it. Temp's have been high in 30's and 40's, when they're supposed to be in the high 50's this time of year.

Summer can't come soon enough!!!

The ClayTaurus said:
This is where I go:

http://www.thegreatamericancarwash.com/

But only in the winter, as soon as it's warm out, I wash my own car.

Actually, now that I look at the prices, you can get a basic wash and quick vacuum for 16 bucks, but I always want the exterior extras that jack the price up. That makes my exterior-only wash around 16-17 bucks. I don't mind vacuuming and armorallin' the interior myself anyways. The California Car Duster that I got for my interior is the best 5 bucks I may have ever spent.

i would not mind vacuuming my own car except that i don't have the flexibility (movement wise) to bend, stoop, stretch to get everywhere they do right now. Plus it is time consuming, and kind of a PITA, and I don't feel like it. I would rather give the money to the local biz and give the kids there something to do.

i usually wash my own car too, at a 2-bit DIY wash in the summer, because they have better scrubbers and stuff already there.

Pale Rider said:
The weather here in Reno has been crap for a long time too. Cold, overcast, windy, rain then snow, rain then snow. I'm SICK of it. Temp's have been high in 30's and 40's, when they're supposed to be in the high 50's this time of year.

Summer can't come soon enough!!!

i thought spring was finally here on friday-57 for a high, sunny, no wind, just beautiful...mother nature is such a tease.

fuzzykitten99 said:
i would not mind vacuuming my own car except that i don't have the flexibility (movement wise) to bend, stoop, stretch to get everywhere they do right now. Plus it is time consuming, and kind of a PITA, and I don't feel like it. I would rather give the money to the local biz and give the kids there something to do.

i usually wash my own car too, at a 2-bit DIY wash in the summer, because they have better scrubbers and stuff already there.
Be careful if you give a shit about your paint, often those DIY car wash places have dirty water.

The ClayTaurus said:
Be careful if you give a shit about your paint, often those DIY car wash places have dirty water.

the place we go to is owned by a guy tim went to school with, and i kinda know, so we know the water is new/fresh.

plus i am not TOO worried about the paint since i hope to get it repainted (maroon isn't my color), which is why i haven't really bothered with detailing it as of yet. i may also decide to go ahead and detail it only, and keep the same color for a few more years, since this color does look good on the car. I just prefer deep blue, black, or forest/hunter green. I really want to paint it silver, but Tim hates that color, and says no. But I say its my car, I will get it any color I want...he's not the boss a'me!! :lalala:

Forum List

Back