"Global warming is real - it is man-made"

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Dante, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
  2. MajinLink

MajinLink Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Wow it's a few degrees hotter, lets make a big deal over it

3. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    funny, but a few degrees globally is not the same.

why not make a credible argument rather than post troll shit?

---

I've never sided with Gore or others over whether the issues were in need of immediate solutions or not?

4. antagon

antagon The Man

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +286
    i think this issue is only valuable for the purposes of supporting commoditization of CO2. that's my explanation for why all of the funded scientists point to the gas and build the anthro argument. i dont see how it is credible in light of more dominant causes.

5. JenT

JenT God lead our troops

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +253
    I think it's only valuable to those who want to control everybody else, gives them an excuse, they're trying to save the world!!!!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. glew

glew BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I'm curious Dante...Dosen't the temp change by about 40 degrees, every year, in the northern and southern hemisphere? Also, with warmer temps and more co2 in the atmosphere, wouldn't the number and variety of plants and trees increase? What ever happened to the rain forest, nuclear meltdown, ozone layer, global cooling, or any of the other iminent catastrophes that will befall us if we don't do something RIGHT NOW!!? The only environmental issue important to envronmentalists is whatever one can generate the most money. At least oil companies get their cash by providing us with something we need. You enviro-whackos get yours by doing absolutely nothing at all, except making life harder for everyone else.

7. antagon

antagon The Man

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +286
    notwithstanding the shaky underpinnings of the CO2 argument, this is not an excuse to embrace our generally destructive impact on the planet, or the fuels industries which lead the way in many respects. one of my bigger concerns is that environmental impacts which i feel have a bigger impact on humanity and the rest of nature have taken a back seat to ideas which might have more commercial potential, should the governments of the world decide that there needs to be a hyperfocus on CO2, for example. non-toxic, vastly abundant, integrated into nature, CO2 is among the least of our worries. Hg(CN)2? different story.

8. kirk2spock

kirk2spock Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In reality humans contribute about 5% to global worming in terms of CO2 release into the atmosphere. Yes it is true that we are responsible for this number and trying to minimize it in whatever way we can, but humans are not ultimately the source of global worming. It is arrogant of us to think that we can effect the ecosystem of the world in such a drastic way in only 20 years. Science is divided on the issues with scientists in government labs reporting that global warming is an imminent threat caused by humans and only we can save the planet while scientists at universities and private organizations generally suggest that man is not the ultimate cause and in reality contributes little. The IPCC has published documentation and recommendations about global warming at regular intervals and it was not until one of their more recent publications that they completely overturned their previous data showing global warming to be natural in favor of new data that showed global warming to be human caused. The problem is that they used the same relative data set and simply changed the way it is viewed to maximize the human contribution. They have also been known to falsify information to suit their purposes and destroy information that proves them incorrect.

So it would appear that politics drives natural history and our relation to the ecosystem...inherent problems there.

Consider too Rapid Climate Change Events as documented by paleoclimatological data from ice cores drilled out of Antarctica and atmospheric analysis of gas frozen in the ice. This heating process occurs every 22,000 years like clockwork for the past 150,000 years that our records go back. Guess what...it has been just about 22,000 years...fancy that.

Remember in the 80s when the next ice age was around the corner and we were all going to freeze to death?

9. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,921
    How did North America deglaciate 12,000 years ago?

10. psikeyhackr

psikeyhackr VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +71
    kirk2spock?

And you computed that how in relation to the Keeling Curve?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0Z7RRKzrdg[/ame]

psik