Global Warming is real, but not primarily man-made

You really know nothing of meteorology, do you?

How 'bout you tell the class how and why advection fog forms?

Hey, cloud formation is way outside my understanding. I have a friend who rewrote the book on physics and he still hasn't been convinced that anybody knows how clouds form.

That's not all which is completely outside your understanding.

The physics behind cloud formation can be conclusively proven, time and time and time again.

Best STFU on the topic and look the fool now, rather than continue posting and remove all doubts.

Stupid comparison.

People are 70+% water...The localized temperature increase of boiling water can't be as readily dispersed as it can with other far more dissimilar materials....In any case, a 212° piece of metal is still going to be plenty hot to the touch.

Actually it is a very smart comparison, it affords you an immediate method of measuring the temp conductivity of various materials using your own senses as your gauge.

For example Antagon's assertion that water conducts and transfers heat 1000 times as well as air is easily provable via this simple test.

You can stick your hand into a 212 degree over for quite a while with no burns developing. But 125 degree water can burn you in a few seconds.

Last edited:

The physics behind cloud formation can be conclusively proven, time and time and time again.

Best STFU on the topic and look the fool now, rather than continue posting and remove all doubts.

Then school us on cloud formation, because I bet you fall flat on your face!

Stupid comparison.

People are 70+% water...The localized temperature increase of boiling water can't be as readily dispersed as it can with other far more dissimilar materials....In any case, a 212° piece of metal is still going to be plenty hot to the touch.

Actually it is a very smart comparison, it affords you an immediate method of measuring the temp conductivity of various materials using your own senses as your gauge.

For example Antagon's assertion that water conducts and transfers heat 1000 times as well as air is easily provable via this simple test.

You can stick your hand into a 212 degree over for quite a while with no burns developing. But 125 degree water can burn you in a few seconds.
Ever sat in a sauna that was over 120° for more than a couple minutes?

You're really in over your head here, Bubba.

I'm a pilot, dickweed...I've forgotten more about meteorology than you've ever known.

a suana is filled with air, not water, aluminum, steel or copper.

You can sit in a 190 degree sauna and not get skin burns.

try swimming in 190 degree water!

Are you trying to make a fool of yourself, or is it just happening to you by default?

I'm a pilot, dickweed...I've forgotten more about meteorology than you've ever known.

so school us.

Are you trying to make a fool of yourself, or is it just happening to you by default?
People are more than 70% water, you tool.

Aside from that, animal physiology and reaction to temperature changes is vastly different from that of largely inorganic matter, like air and water....You can sit in a 190° dry sauna for a short while because your skin can evaporate water off quickly enough to maintain its cellular integrity.

Your knowledge of both meteorology and human physiology couldn't fill the cover of a matchbook.

Aside from that, animal physiology and reaction to temperature changes is vastly different from that of largely inorganic matter, like air and water....You can sit in a 190° dry sauna for a short while because your skin can evaporate water off quickly enough to maintain its cellular integrity.

Your knowledge of both meteorology and human physiology couldn't fill the cover of a matchbook.

I just posted a link asserting that sitting in a 212 degree sauna is leisurely and relaxing.

And it simply makes no difference what the human skin does with heat since the same human skin is exposed to equally warm water, metal and air in my thought experiment.

The experiment accurately gauges the thermal conductivity of the materials involved in the experiment.

But I can provide you with data if you doubt me. Thermal conductivity is the exact opposite of insulative (R) values, so there are two ways that you or I can look em up.

just posted a link asserting that sitting in a 212 degree sauna is leisurely and relaxing.

Ummm no. It isn't. As a person who has enjoyed saunas in the past, I also know that 212 degrees is the temperature at which water boils. You cannot stand that temperature for more than a minute or so before you start getting burned. Hot tubs for instance should never be over 115-120 degrees or you start to cook like an egg. 212 degrees in a sauna? Reminds me of the time I walked into a drying room at a poly extrusion plant that was set at 160 degrees and I felt like the wall of heat was crisping my skin. I couldn't imagine 212.

Now, since this has nothing to do with Global Warming even as an example, how about we get back to something other than failed anecdotes?

The cellular structure and reaction to temperature of your skin is not equal to that of air, water or an iron bar.

Your entire premise is flawed beyond all repair.

Give it up.

actually you are just wrong. It makes no difference what the characteristics of your skin are, all that matters is the thermal conductivity of the warm materials contacting it.

just posted a link asserting that sitting in a 212 degree sauna is leisurely and relaxing.

Ummm no. It isn't. As a person who has enjoyed saunas in the past, I also know that 212 degrees is the temperature at which water boils. You cannot stand that temperature for more than a minute or so before you start getting burned. Hot tubs for instance should never be over 115-120 degrees or you start to cook like an egg. 212 degrees in a sauna? Reminds me of the time I walked into a drying room at a poly extrusion plant that was set at 160 degrees and I felt like the wall of heat was crisping my skin. I couldn't imagine 212.

Now, since this has nothing to do with Global Warming even as an example, how about we get back to something other than failed anecdotes?

hot tubs filled with water are not saunas filled with air, my exact point.

And yes I have been in sweat lodges for hours on end in which the temps were precisely that of boiling water and tho I don't recommend it as leisure, it certainly won't cook you.

I have also worked inside of wood kilns where the temps were 160 degrees. it certainly does not burn your skin at all.

I just posted a link asserting that sitting in a 212 degree sauna is leisurely and relaxing.

And it simply makes no difference what the human skin does with heat since the same human skin is exposed to equally warm water, metal and air in my thought experiment.

The experiment accurately gauges the thermal conductivity of the materials involved in the experiment.

But I can provide you with data if you doubt me. Thermal conductivity is the exact opposite of insulative (R) values, so there are two ways that you or I can look em up.

Dood, (mispelled in deferance to The Dude:lol:)

You need to get your facts from a source other than wiki. That site will get you killed! For your information 212 F is the temp they use for the world championships and it is not a relaxing situation! It is an endurance competition that lasts minutes and almost allways results in some form of injury.

This year there was a fatality.

Sauna World Championships

You started off OK in this thread but you have rapidly gone downhill since.

I'm just remembering the time I stood next to a Whiting electric induction holding furnace full of molten pig iron. 1600 degrees centigrade. Now that'll take your eyebrows off at 30 feet.

hot tubs filled with water are not saunas filled with air, my exact point.

And yes I have been in sweat lodges for hours on end in which the temps were precisely that of boiling water and tho I don't recommend it as leisure, it certainly won't cook you.

I have also worked inside of wood kilns where the temps were 160 degrees. it certainly does not burn your skin at all.
What medicine man would do something so irresponsible. The one I know sure wouldn't. Or was this one of those macho men's retreats that a few years back killed 6 people run by some washichu moron?

The cellular structure and reaction to temperature of your skin is not equal to that of air, water or an iron bar.

Your entire premise is flawed beyond all repair.

Give it up.

actually you are just wrong. It makes no difference what the characteristics of your skin are, all that matters is the thermal conductivity of the warm materials contacting it.
Better to remain silent and look the fool....:lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back