Global Warming is real, but not primarily man-made

OK I thought of one more thing that might help:

Water is so anxious to make a state change to a gas that it will evaporate at temps far below it's boiling point, that's where vapor pressure comes in.

No input is required to make water evaporate at temps far below it's boiling point except dry air that is 1 degree warmer than the water. Water will evaporate one molecule at a time and will cool the parent water as it does and will not warm the air.

Water will even do this at temps below freezing, it is called sublimation. And it happens to ice cubes in your freezer every day. Ice converts directly to vapor from ice even in the dark dry space that is your freezer.

Ice btw is a much better insulator than water.
not much better, buddy. earlier i explained the molecular hydrogen bonds were analogous to the liquid phase inter-molecular bonds. this applies to water's crystal structure too. there's different types of ice, but the sort frozen from standing water is not dramatically different from the liquid because the crystalline bonds are closely analogous to the liquid bonds.

freezers are subject to depositation, the opposite of sublimation. at ambient pressure, significant sublimation will require a source of heat. there has to be a temp/pressure gradient. in modern freezers which cycle out depositation (frost) with fluctuations in temperature, these temps facilitate the most sublimation. this is why ice boxes are better than freezers with respect to freezer burn, a product of sublimation.

you are hopeless! :rofl: you have to understand the implications of sensible heating in order to understand the role of water in heat transfer relative to nearly everything else.

I read your entire link about sensible heat and it not only taught me nothing, it in no way supported some of the bizarre assumptions you are making, Antagon.

I followed one link contained within it here Heat capacity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and it contained tons of information that flatly refute your reasoning while supporting a half dozen of the examples and experiments I have posted.

I provided you with links that indeed say that there IS water on Mars and you don't read them.

I provide you with links that assert directly that it IS in fact the atmosphere that causes the earth to retain heat and you just don't listen.

I am getting the impression that you know better and are just jerking my chain. Wadevah

not trying to jerk your chain. i'm just not certain how what i'm explaining is not getting through to you. i'm not certain how you could live on earth and contend that mars has enough water to take similar effect to the water on earth when exposed to sunlight, either.

here is a NASA explanation which i think is aimed at kids:
Turns out that 80 to 90 percent of the heat from global warming is actually going into the oceans so the oceans are really the big Earth heat bucket, that’s where all the heat winds up going.
It turns out the oceans can absorb 1000 times the amount of heat as the atmosphere without really changing their temperature all that much and the reason is because of something called heat capacity.

NASA - Oceans of Climate Change

the article also attributions to atmospheric forcing despite the temperature gradient being in favor of water more often than not, and despite him clearly stating the capacity for water to absorb significantly more heat than the atmosphere. do you see how that is illogical?

Forum List

Back