Global warming is not working in Newport, CA

You are like the idiots who think that because a lot of Jews lived through the concentration camps, somehow the Holocaust didn't happen and tons of Jews weren't killed.

New York City is 304.8 SQ MI. The Earth is 197060800 square miles. You think maybe, just maybe, you need more (that is, a LOT more) than one (or a few) tiny cherrypicked example?

So now if you don't believe in the the sham of global warming, you're a holocaust denier? :cuckoo:

Loon!

No.

Don't be intentionally dishonest, you know I didn't say that.

Irony alert .... irony alert ... man your battle stations!

No.

Don't be intentionally dishonest, you know I didn't say that.

So what did you mean by making such an incendiary comparison? People who deny global warming are like people who deny the holocaust because....

REALLY???

And, I'm being dishonest? You need to justify how you can use such an insane comparison.

I didn't make that comparison either. Care to try again and use some reading comprehension this time?

Actually, it is what you said. It my not have been what you intended, but it is what you said.

You are like the idiots who think ... the Holocaust didn't happen... (extraneous words omitted)

You used the holocaust for a reason when it has no place in the discussion.

It's funny, last month we had a ton of days cooler than normal, but they still said it was "too warm" ... this month we are on a messy start, cold and stormy, but they are still saying (on the few warm days so far) that it's warmer than normal ...

... this is just getting stupid when they want to deny our cold and wet days altogether to keep claiming it's warmer than normal. Terrorism, that's all environuts are, terrorists.

New York City just posted the coldest June since 1958 and one of the top ten coldest Junes ever. But, I guess that's just more evidence the globe is warming. :cuckoo:

It's about time for Editec to pop up on this thread with his, "It's global weirding" argument.

This is a funny religion they have.

You are like the idiots who think that because a lot of Jews lived through the concentration camps, somehow the Holocaust didn't happen and tons of Jews weren't killed.

New York City is 304.8 SQ MI. The Earth is 197060800 square miles. You think maybe, just maybe, you need more (that is, a LOT more) than one (or a few) tiny cherrypicked example?

You didn't compare people smart enough to see that global warming is a hoax with holocaust deniers? :eusa_eh:

Sorry Nik, but almost everytime you post you prove you do nothing but lie.

So what did you mean by making such an incendiary comparison? People who deny global warming are like people who deny the holocaust because....

REALLY???

And, I'm being dishonest? You need to justify how you can use such an insane comparison.

I didn't make that comparison either. Care to try again and use some reading comprehension this time?

Actually, it is what you said. It my not have been what you intended, but it is what you said.

You are like the idiots who think ... the Holocaust didn't happen... (extraneous words omitted)

No. I said that YOU (which is different than "anyone who thinks global warming isn't real) are making arguments SIMILAR (that is, the reasoning is pretty much the same) to those who use the argument I used above to deny the holocaust.

Notice that I never claimed that means that global warming is real, merely that your argument against it is incredibly disingenious. Reading is fun, eh?

New York City just posted the coldest June since 1958 and one of the top ten coldest Junes ever. But, I guess that's just more evidence the globe is warming. :cuckoo:

It's about time for Editec to pop up on this thread with his, "It's global weirding" argument.

This is a funny religion they have.

You didn't compare people smart enough to see that global warming is a hoax with holocaust deniers? :eusa_eh:

People who use that reasoning, yes. Because its the same reasoning.

By the way...for all of both of your outrage and whining and bitching, neither of you have managed to give a coherent rebuttal to my point.

Both positions are examples of someone taking a few particular examples of a phenomena which has millions of data points and using them as representative. Is that true or false?

No. I said that YOU (which is different than "anyone who thinks global warming isn't real) are making arguments SIMILAR (that is, the reasoning is pretty much the same) to those who use the argument I used above to deny the holocaust.

Notice that I never claimed that means that global warming is real, merely that your argument against it is incredibly disingenious. Reading is fun, eh?

First off, that's a pretty piss poor example if that's what you set out to prove. I haven't even heard anyone make an argument like that about the holocaust. But, leaving that aside for a moment, my point is that there are repeated anecdotal reports that widely dispersed sections of the country are experiencing cooler than normal temps for extended periods of time.

This stands in stark contrast to Chris' postings about one or two hot days in this place or that. I think it is significant when many places in the country are reporting (through official sources) that they are experiencing long periods of below normal temps. You may have a point if it were just one area or two areas that were experiencing this, but here we have all of New England, the eastern seaboard, most of the western states and at least most of the upper midwest. This, of course, is only one part of the argument against manmade global warming. This just points out the obvious dubious nature of the argument for AGW.

Global climate has continually changes. That's life folks.

The Midwest was an ocean bed. I have looked at the fossils in the limestone personally. Fact I can go snap some pictures of a few in my yard for y'all if ya like. I've seen the layers of three different floods where a hill top was excavated all the way to a layer of blue clay where a green algae layer laid on the top of the clay.

Some people act like the world is coming to an end. They are working on the panic factor so they can make their dime quickly before they go the way of the hairy Mammoth.

First off, that's a pretty piss poor example if that's what you set out to prove. I haven't even heard anyone make an argument like that about the holocaust. But, leaving that aside for a moment, my point is that there are repeated anecdotal reports that widely dispersed sections of the country are experiencing cooler than normal temps for extended periods of time.

Those type of arguments, similar to yours, are unfortunately around. And my point is that your anecdotal evidence is irrelevant.

This stands in stark contrast to Chris' postings about one or two hot days in this place or that. I think it is significant when many places in the country are reporting (through official sources) that they are experiencing long periods of below normal temps. You may have a point if it were just one area or two areas that were experiencing this, but here we have all of New England, the eastern seaboard, most of the western states and at least most of the upper midwest. This, of course, is only one part of the argument against manmade global warming. This just points out the obvious dubious nature of the argument for AGW.

Its not. You don't take a few data points to try to disprove a trend.

This thread is kinda stupid.

While I challenge to what extent anthropocentric global warming is or isnt real, I think its reasonable to assert that global tempuratures are in fact rising. Further, global warming is as the name suggests... global. Your local weather provides no evidence to prove or disprove changes in global temperatures.

So, people are posting that all across the North American continent temperatures are lower than normal and your response to that is to say that their information is local and anecdotal.

You may be too dumb to be from Virginia. Have you even noticed that temperatures are abnormally cool here too? The Potomac was frozen over for the first time in years last winter. All through the Spring, and now into the Summer, temps have stayed below normal.

Your response, "well it's 'global warming' so it must be warm someplace." Twit.

Your response, "well tempuratures are average to slightly below average some of the time here, so they must be below average all of the time everywhere else."

No, your argument is lame, not compelling, and lacks mental capacity of even Forest Gump. You cannot deduce that there is no global warming by looking at local temperatures of your choosing. You must look at the world temperatures in the aggregate. If you can do that and it shows tempuratures are below normal than maybe I will buy your argument... of course then again we would probably have to look at that in relationship to years past and years to come to draw accurate conclusions. Twit.

It's funny, last month we had a ton of days cooler than normal, but they still said it was "too warm" ... this month we are on a messy start, cold and stormy, but they are still saying (on the few warm days so far) that it's warmer than normal ...

... this is just getting stupid when they want to deny our cold and wet days altogether to keep claiming it's warmer than normal. Terrorism, that's all environuts are, terrorists.
map-blended-mntp-200903-200905-pg.gif

Yes, some people have a cool day, and then immediatly assume that what they feel represents the whole world. But the data shows that, thus far, 2009 has been a very warm year.

But our resident freakazoids will just deny the reality of the data. Until the causes of that data impacts their little lives. Then they will be screaming, "why didn't someone tell us!". WE are dealing with people here that are dishonest even with themselves. Sad commentary on their psyches.

Note the only major area of actual cooling is in Canada. And that the rest of the Arctic land areas are far warmer than normal. Especially revelant are the areas of major increases temperature across Eastern Siberia and Greenland.

The Canadians can sell ice cubes in the future. the rest of the world might need them. They'll be rich!

By the way...for all of both of your outrage and whining and bitching, neither of you have managed to give a coherent rebuttal to my point.

Both positions are examples of someone taking a few particular examples of a phenomena which has millions of data points and using them as representative. Is that true or false?

"The Earth is four and a half billion years old, but we know what the temperature of the planet should be and 1 degree every one hundred years increase is way outside the baseline...based on our massive 70 years of data...and I don't give a damn how many ice ages and rewarming cycles occured before fossil fuels so shut the hell up."

70 years out of 4.5 billion is what I call cherrypicked.

We don't even know how much we don't know yet, much less exactly what it is we don't know.

Last edited:

"The Earth is four and a half billion years old, but we know what the temperature of the planet should be and 1 degree every one hundred years increase is way outside the baseline...based on our massive 70 years of data...and I don't give a damn how many ice ages and rewarming cycles occured before fossil fuels so shut the hell up."

70 years out of 4.5 billion is what I call cherrypicked.

We don't even know how much we don't know yet, much less exactly what it is we don't know.

OK, lets use all of our crude oil up, to hell with emission regulations, how could we ever damage the planet at all, go for it!
We're all going to die anyway so screw it, huh?

Forum List

Back