Global warming is not working in Newport, CA

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
While global warming is being claimed throughout the world Newport, California is seeing abnormal low temperatures for the 2009 Summer season.

Weather for Newport Beach, CA

68°F
Current: Clear
Wind: W at 4 mph
Humidity: 63%
Sun
Mostly Sunny
67°F | 58°F
Mon
Mostly Sunny
67°F | 59°F
Tue
Mostly Sunny
67°F | 59°F
Wed
Mostly Sunny
67°F | 59°F

Expecting a normal of 72°F for the days of the month of July Newport is not reaching that hopeful 72 degrees for the local surfers this year. The surf is off without that normal high of a lovely 72°F.

Average Maximum Temperatures
Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Year
°C 17 17 18 19 19.4 20 22 23 23 22 20 17 19.7
°F 62 63 64 65 66.9 69 72 73 73 71 68 63 67.5
Source: NEWPORT BEACH HARBOR data derived from GHCN 2 Beta.
1005 months between 1909 and 1996

Average Minimum Temperatures
Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Year
°C 8.5 9 9.8 11 12.6 14 16 17 16 14 11 9 12.3
°F 47 48 50 52 54.7 57 61 62 60 57 52 48 54
Source: NEWPORT BEACH HARBOR data derived from GHCN 2 Beta.
1006 months between 1909 and 1996

It has been exceptionally cool here for us in the Midwest this year. I've personally enjoyed the much cooler temps this year.
Updated: 16 min 18 sec ago
Clear
68 °F
Clear

Normal (KLWD) 85 °F
Record (KLWD) 98 °F (1978)
Yesterday 69 °F 64 °F
Yesterday's Cooling Degree Days: 2

Farmers' crops keeping US cool

Updated 14:52 18 May 2009 by Catherine Brahic

While cities create a warm bubble known as the urban heat island, most farms have an opposite chilling effect. This "cool farms factor" has lessened the effects of global warming across the entire continental US, and could continue to do so, suggests new research.

It also suggests projects that plant trees to cool the planet need to be approached with caution.

Fields can lower temperatures in two ways: by using solar energy to evaporate water – in a similar way to a person cooling down by sweating – and by reflecting more solar energy out into space than darker vegetation such as forests – a phenomenon known as the albedo effect...............................

That reminds me....I gotta get back to the Rockin' Baja Lobster some time soon.
knife.gif

Global warming ain't working here either......

Summer forecast: Cool & dry?

Posted at 9:51 AM on June 1, 2009 by Ken Paulman (2 Comments)

(the following was written by Paul Huttner, who's having technical difficulties today)

Forecasting weather is risky business some days. Sometimes it's tough to get tomorrow right, let alone next weekend. Imagine trying to forecast several months ahead.

That's what the folks at NOAA's Climate Prediction Center (CPC) do. They've shown considerable success over the past few years with seasonal forecasts. They often do best with winter forecasts during El Niño years. The climatic "signals" are strongest during El Niño for regional weather patterns.

Forget swimming much this year.

Minneapolis - St. Paul, Minnesota -

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/186965-Many-forecasters-have-one-word-for-this-summer-COOL Summer's coming. Grab a sweater.

Sunday and Monday may be in the 80s, but some forecasters say don't be fooled.

Across Minnesota and the Dakotas, temperatures could be below normal through the end of August, according to the federal Climate Prediction Center. The outlook for "meteorological summer" -- June, July and August -- prompted one Accuweather forecaster to predict a "year without summer."

This thread is kinda stupid.

While I challenge to what extent anthropocentric global warming is or isnt real, I think its reasonable to assert that global tempuratures are in fact rising. Further, global warming is as the name suggests... global. Your local weather provides no evidence to prove or disprove changes in global temperatures.

It's funny, last month we had a ton of days cooler than normal, but they still said it was "too warm" ... this month we are on a messy start, cold and stormy, but they are still saying (on the few warm days so far) that it's warmer than normal ...

... this is just getting stupid when they want to deny our cold and wet days altogether to keep claiming it's warmer than normal. Terrorism, that's all environuts are, terrorists.

It's funny, last month we had a ton of days cooler than normal, but they still said it was "too warm" ... this month we are on a messy start, cold and stormy, but they are still saying (on the few warm days so far) that it's warmer than normal ...

... this is just getting stupid when they want to deny our cold and wet days altogether to keep claiming it's warmer than normal. Terrorism, that's all environuts are, terrorists.
map-blended-mntp-200903-200905-pg.gif

Maybe you should have just ignored it?

is that the republican ideal? to ignore stupidity...
Tell me did you post in Chrissy's "stupid" Record heat all across the U.S. thread and tell him/her how it's "kinda stupid"? Nah, you didn't you just wanted to show your ass in this thread. Typical hack.

No I didnt. I just chose to post in this topic since it had a more politically charged title which actually mentioned global warming. But his/her point, whatever it is, is equally as stupid and uncompelling.

is that the republican ideal? to ignore stupidity...
Tell me did you post in Chrissy's "stupid" Record heat all across the U.S. thread and tell him/her how it's "kinda stupid"? Nah, you didn't you just wanted to show your ass in this thread. Typical hack.

No I didnt. I just chose to post in this topic since it had a more politically charged title which actually mentioned global warming. But his/her point, whatever it is, is equally as stupid and uncompelling.
So just start your own little thread...Simple.

This thread is kinda stupid.

While I challenge to what extent anthropocentric global warming is or isnt real, I think its reasonable to assert that global tempuratures are in fact rising. Further, global warming is as the name suggests... global. Your local weather provides no evidence to prove or disprove changes in global temperatures.

So, people are posting that all across the North American continent temperatures are lower than normal and your response to that is to say that their information is local and anecdotal.

You may be too dumb to be from Virginia. Have you even noticed that temperatures are abnormally cool here too? The Potomac was frozen over for the first time in years last winter. All through the Spring, and now into the Summer, temps have stayed below normal.

Your response, "well it's 'global warming' so it must be warm someplace." Twit.

New York City just posted the coldest June since 1958 and one of the top ten coldest Junes ever. But, I guess that's just more evidence the globe is warming. :cuckoo:

It's about time for Editec to pop up on this thread with his, "It's global weirding" argument.

This is a funny religion they have.

New York City just posted the coldest June since 1958 and one of the top ten coldest Junes ever. But, I guess that's just more evidence the globe is warming. :cuckoo:

It's about time for Editec to pop up on this thread with his, "It's global weirding" argument.

You are like the idiots who think that because a lot of Jews lived through the concentration camps, somehow the Holocaust didn't happen and tons of Jews weren't killed.

New York City is 304.8 SQ MI. The Earth is 197060800 square miles. You think maybe, just maybe, you need more (that is, a LOT more) than one (or a few) tiny cherrypicked example?

You are like the idiots who think that because a lot of Jews lived through the concentration camps, somehow the Holocaust didn't happen and tons of Jews weren't killed.

New York City is 304.8 SQ MI. The Earth is 197060800 square miles. You think maybe, just maybe, you need more (that is, a LOT more) than one (or a few) tiny cherrypicked example?

So now if you don't believe in the the sham of global warming, you're a holocaust denier? :cuckoo:

Loon!

So now if you don't believe in the the sham of global warming, you're a holocaust denier? :cuckoo:

Loon!

No.

Don't be intentionally dishonest, you know I didn't say that.

Loon!

No.

So what did you mean by making such an incendiary comparison? People who deny global warming are like people who deny the holocaust because....

REALLY???

And, I'm being dishonest? You need to justify how you can use such an insane comparison.

Loon!

No.

So what did you mean by making such an incendiary comparison? People who deny global warming are like people who deny the holocaust because....

REALLY???

And, I'm being dishonest? You need to justify how you can use such an insane comparison.

I didn't make that comparison either. Care to try again and use some reading comprehension this time?

Forum List

Back