Global warming is ‘no longer a planetary emergency’

Do you really want to throw yourself in with these guys? Do you think you and they think alike? Do you have a lot of respect for them? How much respect do you ACTUALLY hold for Christopher Monckton and Vaclav Klaus?

Last edited:
What does that retard conspiracy theory have to do with the fact that you fell for a scam by a phony org?

It's what defines you as a cultist, Dave, the way you instantly fall for every scam, and the way you so reliably repeat every retard conspiracy theory.

It’s official. The scare is over. The World Federation of Scientists, at its annual seminars on planetary emergencies, has been advised by its own climate monitoring panel that global warming is no longer a planetary emergency.

--

Last year’s magistral lecture to the Federation was by Professor Vaclav Klaus, then president of the Czech Republic, whose talk was entitled The manmade contribution to global warming is not a planetary emergency.

President Klaus had said: “Current as well as realistically foreseeable global warming, and especially Man’s contribution to it, is not a planetary emergency which should bother us. … My reading both of the available data and of conflicting scientific arguments and theories allows me to argue that it is not global warming caused by human activity that is threatening us.”

This year Dr. Christopher Essex, Professor of Applied Mathematics at the University of Western Ontario and chairman of the Federation’s permanent monitoring panel on climate, gave the Federation’s closing plenary session his panel’s confirmation that “Climate change in itself is not a planetary emergency.”

--

Professor Essex pointed out that history had shown illegitimate political movements inventing false emergencies to bypass democratic constraints on their quest for absolute power.

The Earth’s climate, he said, is a dynamic and continually-changing system. “Human societies have lived and thriven under every conceivable climate, and modern technology makes adaptation to changing weather conditions entirely routine.”

--

On behalf of the climate monitoring panel, Professor Essex also spoke up for scientists who have been bullied, threatened or even dismissed for having dared to question the Party Line on climate. He said: “Our greatest concern at present is that the intellectual climate for scientific investigation of these matters has become so hostile and politicized that the necessary research and debate cannot freely take place.

“Political constraints take the form of declaring the underlying science to be settled when it clearly is not; defunding or denigrating research that is perceived to threaten the case for renewable energy; or the use of odious pejoratives like “denialist” to describe dissent from officially-sanctioned views on climate science.”

Professors Bob Carter and Murry Salby, who had questioned the severity of Man’s influence on the climate, were both ejected by their universities this year.​

I believe someone was saying something about a consensus...?
Aren't you the little corporate bitch!

Arguing against global warming, is as stupid as saying gravity plays no role in plane crashes.

What does that retard conspiracy theory have to do with the fact that you fell for a scam by a phony org?

It's what defines you as a cultist, Dave, the way you instantly fall for every scam, and the way you so reliably repeat every retard conspiracy theory.

Did you ever notice that you do nothing but project?

It’s official. The scare is over. The World Federation of Scientists, at its annual seminars on planetary emergencies, has been advised by its own climate monitoring panel that global warming is no longer a planetary emergency.

--

Last year’s magistral lecture to the Federation was by Professor Vaclav Klaus, then president of the Czech Republic, whose talk was entitled The manmade contribution to global warming is not a planetary emergency.

President Klaus had said: “Current as well as realistically foreseeable global warming, and especially Man’s contribution to it, is not a planetary emergency which should bother us. … My reading both of the available data and of conflicting scientific arguments and theories allows me to argue that it is not global warming caused by human activity that is threatening us.”

This year Dr. Christopher Essex, Professor of Applied Mathematics at the University of Western Ontario and chairman of the Federation’s permanent monitoring panel on climate, gave the Federation’s closing plenary session his panel’s confirmation that “Climate change in itself is not a planetary emergency.”

--

Professor Essex pointed out that history had shown illegitimate political movements inventing false emergencies to bypass democratic constraints on their quest for absolute power.

The Earth’s climate, he said, is a dynamic and continually-changing system. “Human societies have lived and thriven under every conceivable climate, and modern technology makes adaptation to changing weather conditions entirely routine.”

--

On behalf of the climate monitoring panel, Professor Essex also spoke up for scientists who have been bullied, threatened or even dismissed for having dared to question the Party Line on climate. He said: “Our greatest concern at present is that the intellectual climate for scientific investigation of these matters has become so hostile and politicized that the necessary research and debate cannot freely take place.

“Political constraints take the form of declaring the underlying science to be settled when it clearly is not; defunding or denigrating research that is perceived to threaten the case for renewable energy; or the use of odious pejoratives like “denialist” to describe dissent from officially-sanctioned views on climate science.”

Professors Bob Carter and Murry Salby, who had questioned the severity of Man’s influence on the climate, were both ejected by their universities this year.​

Arguing against global warming, is as stupid as saying gravity plays no role in plane crashes.
In case you haven't noticed, no one is saying the climate doesn't change.

But your side has made a claim -- and has failed to adequately prove its case. And no, just because you really really really really REALLY want it to be true is not proof.

--

--

--

But your side has made a claim -- and has failed to adequately prove its case. And no, just because you really really really really REALLY want it to be true is not proof.

They have. They just haven't printed it under beer caps, where you do all your reading.

Do you really want to throw yourself in with these guys? Do you think you and they think alike? Do you have a lot of respect for them? How much respect do you ACTUALLY hold for Christopher Monckton and Vaclav Klaus?

I'm not big on lynching organizations because of whom they allow on their podiums.

If I WAS --- I'd have to discount almost every major research university in America.
Don't care if they believe in God -- every carried a shovel for a fossil fuel search, are a brain-adled progressive --- or smoke..

I really try to listen to what they are saying..

Why would I care? I just bet on the wining horse.

And science trumps 95% - 99.999999% every time.

It should.

But climate "science" is not science.

You wouldn't know. You don't know science. Say something scientific, like what is degrees of freedom?
Beats me -- I have only a rudimentary knowledge of statistics.

I'm curious...what were your Google search terms to come up with that? :lol:

They have. They just haven't printed it under beer caps, where you do all your reading.
Oh, goody. Yet another prog imbecile who thinks that "being a liberal" is an accomplishment worthy of respect.

Never before have I encountered people so arrogant with so very little reason to be.

Forum List

Back