Global Warming is legit

Why is the planet cooling?
It's not cooling, it's not getting hotter
It's going crazy

It isn't going crazy either. It is just doing what it has always done. The weather is no more and no less strange than it has been in the past. The climate is no more and no less strange than it has been in the past. The only thing going on now is a group of less than honest charlatans with political goals are trying to cash in on billions of dollars up for grabs so long as the hoax holds out.

The energy the backradiated photons represent is expended in opposition to the EM field being radiated by the surface of the earth. The magnitude of the EM field radiated by the surface of the earth is, in turn, diminished by the magnituded of the EM field radiated by the atmosphere. The EM field being radiated by the earth, being larger than that being radiated by the atmosphere determines the direction of propagation and therefore the direction of energy flow.

Those things happen in accordance with the 2nd law of thermodynamics and the law of conservation of energy. If any of that energy reached the surface, it would be a violation of both those laws as energy would have to move from a cool object (the atmosphere) to a warm object (the earth) and if the earth absorbed any of that energy, its radiation output would have to increase even though its energy source (the sun) was not putting out more energy. That would represent the creation of energy and that, according to the law of conservation of energy simply can't happen.

How is energy "expended"? That sounds like 'destroyed', if not, it's still there. Unless you're creating matter, you've violated Conservation of Energy. Not only that, you've doubled-down on the error by postulating a second "anti-photon?", which also disappears! If it doesn't disappear, where does the energy go?

The energy the backradiated photons represent is expended in opposition to the EM field being radiated by the surface of the earth. The magnitude of the EM field radiated by the surface of the earth is, in turn, diminished by the magnituded of the EM field radiated by the atmosphere. The EM field being radiated by the earth, being larger than that being radiated by the atmosphere determines the direction of propagation and therefore the direction of energy flow.

Those things happen in accordance with the 2nd law of thermodynamics and the law of conservation of energy. If any of that energy reached the surface, it would be a violation of both those laws as energy would have to move from a cool object (the atmosphere) to a warm object (the earth) and if the earth absorbed any of that energy, its radiation output would have to increase even though its energy source (the sun) was not putting out more energy. That would represent the creation of energy and that, according to the law of conservation of energy simply can't happen.

How is energy "expended"? That sounds like 'destroyed', if not, it's still there. Unless you're creating matter, you've violated Conservation of Energy. Not only that, you've doubled-down on the error by postulating a second "anti-photon?", which also disappears! If it doesn't disappear, where does the energy go?

he doesnt have an answer konradv, or at least he has never answered in the past. the only response you will get is another insult about how stupid you are for not just believing him.

not this time skooks. more like exposed for the man behind the curtain pretending to be a wizard

Are you people really trying to pinpoint what's making the average world temp go up?
With so many variables?

Fellow, on terms of decades, there are only two variables. How much energy we get from the sun, and how much of that energy is retained on earth. All else is just minor redistributions from ocean, atmosphere, and cryosphere.

What about all the methane being released?
Along with other gases?
Geothermal and volcanic activity?

Methane is a GHG. It retains energy. Geothermal and volcanic activity contribute very little in the way of GHGs or heat compared to what we humans put into the atmosphere.

That is not true. My turn is simply to observe what is actually happening in the real world and wonder why you don't seem to notice it.

Conservation of Energy may demand what ever you say it demands, but it apparently does not demand enough of anything to drive the climate. Until you show that what you are asserting is actually doing something that can be demonstrated by actual proof in the real world, you are only moving hot air in your own immediate vicinity.

Conservation of Energy demands you tell me what happens to the energy of back-scattered photons. If you can't, the only logical inference is that it contributes to warming. That's all the proof one should need. What's YOUR deduction from the evidence presented? Do you have an alternate theory of what happens to the energy? If not, your opinion isn't worth much.

Let's concede that what you are saying is absolutely correct and all of what you say is contributing all of what you suppose to the warming of the planet.

Why is the planet cooling?

Why are you telling lies once again?

Ten Warmest 12-month consecutive periods of the CONUS Record

These are the warmest 12-month periods on record for the contiguous United States. The record begins January 1895.

2012 Warmth | Ten Warmest 12-month consecutive periods of the CONUS Record

Rank

Consecutive 12-month Period

Temperature Departure
(from 20th Century Average)

Warmest

May 2011 – April 2012*

+2.80°F

2nd Warmest

November 1999 – October 2000

+2.70°F

3rd Warmest

October 1999 – September 2000

+2.65°F

4th Warmest

April 2011 – March 2012*

+2.61°F

5th Warmest

September 2005 – August 2006

+2.56°F

6th Warmest

August 2005 – July 2006

+2.54°F

September 1999 – August 2000

+2.54°F

8th Warmest

July 1999 – June 2000

+2.51°F

9th Warmest

June 1999 – May 2000

+2.46°F

August 1999 – July 2000

+2.46°F

Old Rocks- you are worried about global warming right? wouldnt it be more fruitful to look at which 5 year periods showed the most warming? there wouldnt be many in the 2000's, if any.

Old Rocks- you are worried about global warming right? wouldnt it be more fruitful to look at which 5 year periods showed the most warming? there wouldnt be many in the 2000's, if any.

I have seen figures for the decades with the most warming....this is from those biased commies at National Geogrphic magazine!! :eusa_angel:

"The past decade has been the hottest on record, according to new global warming data released today at the Copenhagen climate conference by the World Meteorological Organization.

The climate research revealed today in Copenhagen says that that global combined air surface and sea surface temperatures for 2009 have so far hit 14.44°C (57.99°F). This is 0.44°C (0.79°F) above the average annual temperature of 14.00°C (57.20°F) recorded between 1961 and 1990, which is used as a reference period, according to the WMO."

Global Warming "Marches On"; Past Decade Hottest Known

Geez konradv, this is absolute rock bottom basic and you still don't get it? You become more pathetic all the time. Expending energy against a force, any force, wheither it be dead weight, hydraulic pressure, or an EM field constiutes work. The energy is expended doing work. That work is the dimunation of the opposing EM field by the amount of energy expended against it.

When energy is expended doing work, the work accomplished accounts for the expended energy. Are you now going to try and argue that the law of conservation of energy says that when you expend energy doing work the energy remains in addition to the work performed?

he doesnt have an answer konradv, or at least he has never answered in the past. the only response you will get is another insult about how stupid you are for not just believing him.

I didn't expect that konradv could grasp it, but now you are in the same boat as him. How embarassing for you. When two forces oppose each other and expend energy against each other, that oppositional force represents work. The EM field radiated by the earth is diminished by the amount of energy backradiated by the atmosphere. That is work. The energy backradiated by the atmosphere is used up in work against the EM field it opposes. You can actually measure this effect if you oppose radio waves, microwaves, electrical currents etc. Knowing that this is a well known, experimentally proven phenomenon, one really must wonder why you can't apply it to the atmosphere.

Methane is a GHG. It retains energy. Geothermal and volcanic activity contribute very little in the way of GHGs or heat compared to what we humans put into the atmosphere.

Sorry rocks but methane can no more retain energy than CO2. Look at the emission spectra of methane, it is the opposite of its absorption spectra which indicates that it emits exactly what it absorbs and it does so at, or near the speed of light. There is no retention of energy. There is one gas in our atmosphere that can absorb and actually retain energy and that is water vapor. Feel free to prove otherwise.

I have seen figures for the decades with the most warming....this is from those biased commies at National Geogrphic magazine!! :eusa_angel:

"The past decade has been the hottest on record, according to new global warming data released today at the Copenhagen climate conference by the World Meteorological Organization.

The climate research revealed today in Copenhagen says that that global combined air surface and sea surface temperatures for 2009 have so far hit 14.44°C (57.99°F). This is 0.44°C (0.79°F) above the average annual temperature of 14.00°C (57.20°F) recorded between 1961 and 1990, which is used as a reference period, according to the WMO."

Global Warming "Marches On"; Past Decade Hottest Known

Which altered record does that info come from?

Wirebender -

In my experience, National Geographic run a fairly tight ship. I don't think I've ever known them to run a story which didn't have a fairly solid scientific core.

The data comes from the World Meterological Organization, and their page on climate change is here:

Climate | WMO

Wirebender -

In my experience, National Geographic run a fairly tight ship. I don't think I've ever known them to run a story which didn't have a fairly solid scientific core.

The data comes from the World Meterological Organization, and their page on climate change is here:

Climate | WMO

Then your experience is quite limited. Look back to the early days of the formation of the DDT myth. NG was right on board. That isn't the only time. It doesn't take much research to find that they have been, in fact, wrong on lots of things.

Again, you are operating from a postion of faith. I am not. I, and very many others are asking questions that the climate science community can not address. That is why the AGW hoax is at present falling apart which is prompting the AGW community to make more and more outlandish claims and predicitons.

And I find it laughable that you would offer up any branch of the unitied nations as a credible source or example of anything beyond endimic corruption.

Last edited:
Wirebender -

There is a fair bit of wishful thinking in that post, isn't there?

The last global survey I saw showed acceptance of the human role in climate change rising in 19 out of 20 countries - only in the US was it dropping.

On average (from memory, I'll try and find it later) of the 20 countries survyeed, between 67% and 89% of people felt that human activity played a role. In no country was the figure less than 50%.

One survey point I remember well asked people in the UK if climate change was propaganda - a massive 14% said yes. I was shocked it was as high as 14% but even so - it's hardly a "hoax falling apart" figure when 86% of British people do not think that climate change is propaganda!!

Another European survey of people with degrees in sciences, showed more than 80% of those surveyed believed humans played some role in climate change.

btw. I didn't cite the united nations, and the word is 'endemic'.

Last edited:

Geez konradv, this is absolute rock bottom basic and you still don't get it? You become more pathetic all the time. Expending energy against a force, any force, wheither it be dead weight, hydraulic pressure, or an EM field constiutes work. The energy is expended doing work. That work is the dimunation of the opposing EM field by the amount of energy expended against it.

When energy is expended doing work, the work accomplished accounts for the expended energy. Are you now going to try and argue that the law of conservation of energy says that when you expend energy doing work the energy remains in addition to the work performed?

But doesn't work result in heat or a higher energy state? The energy is still there, it's just changed form. You haven't shown how it escapes earth, thereby adding credence to GW theory! The energy is ALWAYS there, no matter how much you want it to just disappear.

Look back to the early days of the formation of the DDT myth. NG was right on board.

The only DDT myths I know of are: It's been banned completely and millions of deaths have resulted.

A. DDT has only been banned in agricultural use, not for the control of pest populations.

B. Increased deaths are the result of resistance developed by insect populations due to over-use.

Energy shifts from kinetic to potential and then the reverse.

On the other hand, if energy is never converted, then we would never have decreases in temperature.

Forum List

Back