Global Warming for Scientific Moderates

Discussion in 'Environment' started by Amelia, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Amelia

Amelia BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,119
    Can someone please recommend a site about climate change which is not politicized. Specifically one which is not-Al-Goreized.

Al Gore makes me puke but I'm not anti-science and I want to help out the cause of science by finding some good information which some of my more conservative friends would be able to stomach.

I'm getting very angry at my party for glorifying preachers of ignorance like Bachmann and calling people like me RINO's. But at the same time, if the people on the left really really really really cared about the environment and not just about sitting around and laughing at ignorant people on the right, they would realize how much damage that hypocritical blowhard Al Gore has done to their cause and they would try to find a way to get the message out which didn't sound so much like liberal dogmatism.

To that end ... do you know a good nonpartisan site on this topic?

2. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,659
    Only the skeptic/deniers care about Gore. What has Gore done but publicize the problem? Calling him a blowhard is more a reflection of poltical bias than a reflection of anything he's done. Maybe he goes a little overboard sometimes, but that's for public consumption. The people feeding him the data know what they're doing and the reasons are a lot less political than their opponents'.

3. Amelia

Amelia BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,119
    Gore has pushed the green agenda to curry political favor and to line his pockets. If cap and trade had gone through, he would have made a killing.

He has hyped it up, made dire and demonstrably false claims, and positioned himself as a priest of what looks like a global warming religion to a huge swath the population - a portion of the population with a lot of electoral and financial clout.

So, do you have helpful links or not? I would like to be part of the solution and the first part of my attempt to be part of the solution is to say with conviction that thrusting ManBearPig on us and choking us with Smug are just not the way to go. Not if you actually believe that the planet is threatened and care more about a solution than you do about gloating at deniers.

4. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,833
  5. Mr.Nick

Mr.Nick VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +682
    It's hard to take these climate nuts seriously when the only solution they have is global communism.

Then you factor in the data manipulation and lies, of course you have the solar activity evidence...

AGW nuts are full of shit and have an alternative agenda that has nothing to do with climate and everything to do with politics and getting rich.

I believe even some global warming nuts know this but are too suborn to admit they've been had by a bunch of clowns.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Cuyo

Cuyo Training a Guineapig army

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +942
    Judging from your "Thanking" of Crusader Frink's silly post, I'm guessing what you actually are seeking is a skeptic/denier site.

If you really want an unbiased, strictly factual take? Pick up an encyclopedia or science book. But I doubt your going to find much of what I suspect you seek.

If I'm correct and you're looking for a denial site, just google it. There's gaggles of'em.

7. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    RealClimate

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  8. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Are you trying to tell me the climate scientists that are calling him out for exaggerating the problem are deniers?

9. Mr.Nick

Mr.Nick VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +682
    In what universe can science not be deceptive?

What makes scientists so fucking honest and benevolent?

So all I have to do is spend 4 more years in college - get a masters in something scientific and you will only then believe me??

I didn't know trust was for sale.

Any real scientist would question anyways - thats what they do and that's how they advance science.

It just so seems politics are at the forefront of science these days rather than actual science. And these same assholes rely on the laymen to submit to them because they're laymen that will believe absolutely anything they cannot understand just as long as it comes from the right corrupter.

The notion that the scientific community is somehow honest and benevolent is downright bullshit and I feel sorry for anyone that believes that.

Now, I'm very fond of Geology and real geology contradicts nearly everything the AGW nuts have been spewing...

Not only that but there was once a time when AGW nuts were spewing human made global cooling using the same evidence they use today.

The geological record PROVES warming is a natural process and there are 20+ layers to prove that.

Only a dumbass would be shocked by "climate change" and would attempt to blame man given the notion that the climate has been changing since we had a "climate."

10. Amelia

Amelia BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,119

You guessed wrong.

You need to reassess the quality of your assumptions.

Thanks for nothing.