Global Warming: Follow the Money

Neither. You don't see it?

um you are easily amused and Mani asked for someone to do his own work for him but I wouldn't and then guessed at the answer?

Ding!

I find it very amusing that you blather to someone else to 'do some research on the net' and with the very next breath declare that 'my guess is . . . ' No research of your own to back up your point? Oh wait, sorry. Is guessing the Canadian method of research?

(and yes, I'm easily amused. :D)

my point was do your own research because I'm not going to do it for you which is why I left him with my guess.....duh....you are as quick as a whip aren't you?

um you are easily amused and Mani asked for someone to do his own work for him but I wouldn't and then guessed at the answer?

Ding!

I find it very amusing that you blather to someone else to 'do some research on the net' and with the very next breath declare that 'my guess is . . . ' No research of your own to back up your point? Oh wait, sorry. Is guessing the Canadian method of research?

(and yes, I'm easily amused. :D)

my point was do your own research because I'm not goping to do it for you which is why I left him with my guess.....duh....you are as quick as a whip aren't you?

Huh, I didn't see Mani asking others to do his research . . . . just asking a question.

'You do your own research but I'll guess'. :lol: Ok.

Why has mani asked a question and then refused to comment on the answer hes given?

It seems to be that the forces at work on both sides of the global warming debate will stop at nothing to undermine their opposition's position and credibility. There appears to be little, if any ethical and moral restraint being exercised by either side. And that means only one thing: There is some serious scratch on the line.

So who's bank accounts benefit most from what? That's what I want to know.

Ask Senator Imofe.

A windmill is pretty much a one time cost, with minimal maintenance. No fuel, little overhead, and you have nothing to pass on hidden costs to the consumer with.
You have displayed how little you know about them. I'll inform you that these wind turbines use LOTS of oil. 4 barrels in the gearhead alone. There's another 5 in the transformer at the base of each tower.

This oil has to be changed every 6 months. Now multiply it out, a million turbines times 18 barrels of oil needed for each annually, and you see why oil magnates like T. Boone Pickens love them!

Have you any idea how much STEEL is in these? How much CONCRETE? Neither of which can in any way be produced in a "green" manner.

A windmill is pretty much a one time cost, with minimal maintenance. No fuel, little overhead, and you have nothing to pass on hidden costs to the consumer with.
You have displayed how little you know about them. I'll inform you that these wind turbines use LOTS of oil. 4 barrels in the gearhead alone. There's another 5 in the transformer at the base of each tower.

This oil has to be changed every 6 months. Now multiply it out, a million turbines times 18 barrels of oil needed for each annually, and you see why oil magnates like T. Boone Pickens love them!

Have you any idea how much STEEL is in these? How much CONCRETE? Neither of which can in any way be produced in a "green" manner.

Wanna bet? Windmills CAN be produced in a "green" manner. All ya gotta do is look......

Canada is the worlds largest exporter of hemp. Hemp fiber can be used for fiberglass, and not only is it green, it's also as strong, if not stronger, than regular fiberglass.

Ask Corvette. Their fiberglass bodies are made with hemp fiber.

As far as the oil? Again.........hemp. The plants in addition to making fiber, cloth, food and plastic, can also be used for oil production.

Try again.

Wanna bet? Windmills CAN be produced in a "green" manner. All ya gotta do is look......

Canada is the worlds largest exporter of hemp. Hemp fiber can be used for fiberglass, and not only is it green, it's also as strong, if not stronger, than regular fiberglass.

Ask Corvette. Their fiberglass bodies are made with hemp fiber.

As far as the oil? Again.........hemp. The plants in addition to making fiber, cloth, food and plastic, can also be used for oil production.

Try again.
I see the intelligent part of this conversation is now over.:cuckoo:

You cannot build a 120 foot tower that will hold up a turbine generator and its blades, and handle all of the stresses involved, with hemp. Or fiberglass.

Have you ever seen any of these wind turbines up close and personal? Ever been inside one? Worked on one? Changed the oil on one?

I have.

Yeah.......and do you know how strong carbon nanotubes are?

I do.

And, scientists have almost got it figured out how to grow them to much longer lengths.

It ain't gonna be long.

Besides, even if it isn't "green" to produce them, think of it as a one time expense, because all the green energy produced will offset its carbon footprint in about a year.

Quit thinking short term.

Any infrastructure requires an input for development. The difference is that solar uses sunlight, turbines use wind - and these things 'shower' the planet whether we use them or not ... and leaves no waste to speak of during energy productioon. Combustion uses fossil fuels and poof the resource is gone and the only thing you have to show for it is emissions.

Come on, ol' dumb fuck. Do you really think that the oil is thrown away? Or are you so ignorant that you don't realize that these oils are rather expensive, and can be reclaimed.

Damned right I know how much steel is in the towers, my company rolls much of it. We also roll steel for pipelines. And for the use in coal fired plants. For the rails that the trains hauling to coal run on. And for the railcars that hold the coal.

So what the hell is your point!

Or are you just once again demonstrating how senile you are getting?

Forum List

Back